daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area

London Metro Area London Calling...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 06:18 AM   #61
delores

Likes (Received): 171

yes perhaps it should of become it's own council. TH want it all then downgrade everything to their stupid master plan. Did it not have the right mix, was it too high? or was it too avant garde for the small minded petite bureaucrats?
delores no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 28th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #62
Mikey
Aerial Erector

Likes (Received): 2

Spam..... shame this got refused I kind of liked it..... oh well back to the drawing board..... remove 5 floors or so make it look squat and horrid then re apply...
Mikey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #63
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 147

This has undergone a considerable redesign and had a height increase to 47 floors and 154m.

LINK to application.

BelgiumKanarie liked this post

Last edited by Newcastle Guy; November 28th, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #64
gothicform
Bossman

Likes (Received): 2767

yeah, that's the one i was going on about a few months back... it's a bit taller and the "head" is now completely gone. pity.
gothicform no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #65
annamaria4711

Likes (Received): 13

YAWN...boring
annamaria4711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #66
Maxakoff

Likes (Received): 0

I like this one more than the previous one, although I am slightly perplexed as to how they will cover this with the cladding as per picture. The previous one, albeit certainly unorthodox looked a bit like a fancy council house to me. But the main thing of course is to start building these things. Really tired of watching all these proposals for The Pride, Cuba St, Skylines etc with little happening in reality.
Maxakoff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #67
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicform View Post
yeah, that's the one i was going on about a few months back... it's a bit taller and the "head" is now completely gone. pity.
Funny, no mention of it on your website?
DarJoLe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #68
annamaria4711

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxakoff View Post
I like this one more than the previous one, although I am slightly perplexed as to how they will cover this with the cladding as per picture. The previous one, albeit certainly unorthodox looked a bit like a fancy council house to me. But the main thing of course is to start building these things. Really tired of watching all these proposals for The Pride, Cuba St, Skylines etc with little happening in reality.
...very true...
annamaria4711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #69
SF-02

Likes (Received): 83

Blimey that's boring. Just been browsing the New York forums for the first time in years. They do interesting resi towers a hell of a lot better. More diverse use of materials and form, and many with elegance and soar. London sure does have a lot of boxes with dull flat roofs though the proposal in Hackney does look much more like it and the tower at Vauxhall is good. More like that please. Pan Peninsula is the best by a long chalk in Canary Wharf.

Officer Dibble liked this post

Last edited by SF-02; November 28th, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
SF-02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #70
hifive605

Likes (Received): 33

vast improvement, previous design was so garish
hifive605 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #71
delores

Likes (Received): 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-02 View Post
Blimey that's boring. Just been browsing the New York forums for the first time in years. They do interesting resi towers a hell of a lot better. More diverse use of materials and form, and many with elegance and soar. London sure does have a lot of boxes with dull flat roofs though the proposal in Hackney does look much more like it and the tower at Vauxhall is good. More like that please. Pan Peninsula is the best by a long chalk in Canary Wharf.
I agree the tops of towers are so dreary here they just end, it's a shame because the area could do with some variation in the roofscape that makes for an interesting cityscape.
delores no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #72
london lad

Likes (Received): 473

Its worth pointing out this is just an outline application so the actual design won't necessarily be the above although I'm sure it will be a box.

You can’t really blame them though, TH are so useless that the last scheme the developers worked up was up for a approval then TH decided to lump it in with Skylines across the road and then a year later refused them both for some preposterous reasons. Its not like Southwark or the City where they put a greater emphasis on design.
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #73
gravesVpelli

Likes (Received): 1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-02 View Post
It’s true that architects here tend to reserve their imagination to square and rectangular boxes with not an ounce of creativity, but this is what the morons at the London councils want. They appear to have little knowledge of high rise architecture and anything remotely exciting is more than likely to be refused. - the Quill might be an exception but the renders show that to be just quirky. The vast majority of the great British public have no interest in modern buildings and generally resent anything above 6 floors. You mentioned New York but look at the Chicago thread to appreciate the range of new residentials going up. I have recently returned from there and London (with some City exceptions) is so lacking in creative imagination. This is yet another example.
gravesVpelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #74
The 2nd Negotiator
The Boltonator

Likes (Received): 0

I like the new design, its clean and sharp (its a little unimaginative though)
The 2nd Negotiator no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: