daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 396 votes, 2.36 average.
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #5561
Britboy

Likes (Received): 13

The airport looks nice and clean as it did 2 years ago.Nicely maintained by AAI for a change.
Thank you MG for the great photos.
Britboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 8th, 2012, 04:56 AM   #5562
joshua-2020

Likes (Received): 49

முதல் சர்வதேச விமானம் மதுரையில் துவங்கியது

மதுரை: கொழும்பில் இருந்து மதுரை வந்த, முதல் சர்வதேச விமானம், "மிகின் லங்கா' மதுரை விமான நிலையத்தில் இருந்து, இலங்கை தலைநகர் கொழும்புக்கு, நேற்று தனது பயணத்தை துவக்கியது. கொழும்பில் இருந்து, மதியம், 2:15 மணிக்கு புறப்பட்டு, மாலை, 3:00 மணிக்கு மதுரையை அடைந்தது. மொத்தம், 212 பேர் பயணிக்கக் கூடிய விமானத்தில், 108 பேர், மாலை, 4:15 மணிக்கு, மதுரையிலிருந்து புறப்பட்டு, கொழும்பு சென்றனர். திங்கள், புதன், வெள்ளியில், மதுரை - கொழும்பு சேவை உள்ளது; விரைவில் சரக்கு சேவையும் துவங்கப்படும்.

http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=601364
joshua-2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #5563
joshua-2020

Mihin Lanka flies Madurai-Colombo

Mihin Lanka flies Madurai-Colombo
Setting the tone for a busier air space over Madurai in the coming days, Mihin Lanka, the domestic airlines of Sri Lanka commenced its flight operations from Madurai to Colombo on Friday.

Mihin Lanka is the second carrier to commence overseas operations from Madurai after it received the tag of international airport. SpiceJet had started the first commercial flight operations out of Madurai airport to Colombo on September 20 this year.

The much-awaited Mihin Lanka Airbus A-321 carrier landed at the airport here around 3pm and made a return journey about an hour later. For Mihin Lanka, Madurai is the ninth international destination that they cater to. The airlines will operate three flights a week to Colombo on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Members of the trade bodies and Travel Club greeted the passengers from the first flight at the airport.

Trade and industrial community in the temple city as well as in southern districts had been long awaiting these international flights. The Sri Lankan carrier will not only link with Colombo but would also ensure that the passengers from Southern Tamil Nadu have a seamless travel to Middle East destinations like Dubai, Kuwait and Bahrain thanks to connecting flights from Colombo. Mihin Lanka officials also promised that there will be convenient connections to Jakarta, Dhaka, Singapore, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.

The Mihin Lanka flight is a result of hectic lobbying and a series of interactions by the industrial community in Madurai with Lankan government officials as well as airlines top brass.

In yet another boost to international connectivity from Madurai, SpiceJet is preparing to launch a service to Singapore. The Union civil aviation ministry has cleared the proposal of SpiceJet to operate the Singapore flight service from Madurai. Besides improving trade and business, the international connectivity is expected to boost tourism in the region.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 526624.cms

courtesy:Sundar AAM
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #5564
joshua-2020

Second airliner to start its operation between Madurai and Colombo
“Mihin flies you to a rich culture with onward connection to exciting destinations” reads a small advertisement board displayed at the Madurai airport where the inaugural Colombo-Madurai flight of Mihin Lanka landed on Friday.

The board displayed the unique selling proposition (USP) of Sri Lanka’s low-fare airline which boasts of providing connecting flights to various global destinations from the Colombo airport.

Mihin Lanka is the second airliner, after Spicejet, to start its operation between Madurai and Colombo. It will fly an Airbus A320 aircraft on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Rohana Perera, Head of Commercial, Mihin Lanka, said that its code-sharing services with SriLankan Airlines would help passengers of Madurai to get connecting flights to various global destinations with very less waiting time at the Colombo airport. He said the Sabarimala season has attracted pilgrims from Sri Lanka to visit Madurai. He added that Mihin Lanka was ready to increase the thrice-a-week frequency depending upon the need.

The inaugural flight landed in Madurai with 108 passengers. Ninety nine passengers left for Colombo by the return flight. The flight lands in Madurai at 3.10 p.m. and leaves at 4.10 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays. On Wednesdays arrival would be 3.25 p.m. and departure 4.25 p.m.

“Mihin Lanka and Sri Lankan Airlines operate flights to five destinations between 6 p.m .to 6.30 p.m. every day from Colombo. The timings of Madurai-Colombo flight service will be ideal for passengers from Madurai to take their connecting flights to Kuwait, Dubai, Bahrain, Doha and Muscat. Besides, we operate a flight to Jeddah on Fridays,” said B. Prathapan, Manager (Tamil Nadu and Karnataka), SriLankan Airlines. “The comfort of the passengers, who books tickets to other international destinations, will be taken care by us at the Colombo airport,” he added.

The immediate benefit of the competition between airlines on the route is that Spicejet that was allowing only 20 kg free baggage till recently has increased it to 30 kg on the introduction of Mihin Lanka services, past president of Madurai Travel Club, G. Vasudevan, said.

One of the passengers, Mohammed Ibrahim Shah Babu, who arrived in Madurai from Saudi Arabia with his family, was all happy about landing in Madurai airport. “I am very happy to land in an international flight in my town,” he said. Otherwise, he would have to undergo at least two hours of road journey from Tiruchi airport to reach home.

Senior president of Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce and Industry, S. Rethinavelu, demanded a cargo terminal facility at airport.

Airport Director K. Sangaiah Pandian, V.T.K. Nayanar, Commissioner of Central Excise and A.S. Meenalochani, Joint Commisioner of Central Excise, president of Travel Club, Madurai, B.S.G. Mustafa, and N. Sriram of Balika Travels, were among those who were present.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4177604.ece

courtesy: Sundar AAM
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:55 AM   #5565
madhan

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurai veeran View Post
Nice to see the water salute for Mihin Lanka's inaugural flight.

The first Spice Jet flight to Colombo wasn't lucky enough to get this honor.
Madurai Veeran, i believe they give water salute only on the first landing. The spicejet flight got water salute at colombo.
madhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #5566
ANANTH

Likes (Received): 520

கொழும்பு-மதுரை விமான சேவை தொடக்கம்

இலங்கை மிஹின் லங்கா நிறுவனம் சார்பில் கொழும்பு-மதுரை விமான சேவை வெள்ளிக்கிழமை தொடங்கியது.

மதுரை விமான நிலையம் விரிவுபடுத்தப்பட்டு பல மாதங்களாகியும், சர்வதேச அந்தஸ்து பெறாமல், உள்நாட்டு சேவை மட்டுமே இருந்தது. சில நாள்களுக்கு முன் விமான நிலையத்தில் இமிகிரேசன் வசதி செய்யப்பட்டது. இந் நிலையில், தமிழக அரசின் ஒத்துழைப்புடன் இலங்கையைச் சேர்ந்த மிஹின் லங்கா நிறுவனம் கொழும்பு-மதுரை விமான சேவையை வெள்ளிக்கிழமை தொடங்கியது.

மதியம் 3 மணியளவில் மிஹின் லங்கா விமானம் மதுரை வந்தது. அதற்கு விமானநிலையம் சார்பில் தீயணைப்பு வண்டிகள் மூலம் தண்ணீரைப் பீச்சியடித்து வரவேற்பு அளிக்கப்பட்டது.

212 பேர் பயணிக்கக் கூடிய இந்த விமானத்தில் 108 பயணிகள் வந்தனர். இந்த விமானம் மீண்டும் மாலை 4.10 மணிக்கு 104 பயணிகளுடன் கொழும்புவிற்கு புறப்பட்டுச் சென்றது.

இந்த விமான சேவை வாரத்தில் திங்கள், புதன், வெள்ளிக்கிழமை இருக்கும் என விமான நிலைய அதிகாரிகள் தெரிவித்தனர்.

விமானத்தில் வந்த பயணிகளை விமான நிலைய கட்டுப்பாட்டு அதிகாரி சங்கையா பாண்டியன், தமிழ்நாடு தொழில் வர்த்தக சங்க முதுநிலைத் தலைவர் ரத்தினவேல், பாலிகா டிராவல்ஸ் ஸ்ரீராம் உள்ளிட்டோர் மாலை அணிவித்து வரவேற்றனர்.

பக்ரைனிலிருந்து வந்த பயணி பிரபாகர் கூறுகையில், முன்பு பக்ரைனிலிருந்து சென்னை வந்து பின்பு மதுரை வருவோம். ஆனால் மிஹின் லங்கா மூலம் ஒருநாள் முன்பாகவே மதுரைக்கு வந்துள்ளேன். இதனால் எனக்கு நேரமும், செலவும் குறைந்தது என்றார்.

அபுதாபியிலிருந்து வந்த பயணி இப்ராஹிம் கூறும்போது, சென்னை, திருச்சியிலிருந்து மதுரைக்கு வருவோம். தற்போது நேரடியாக மதுரை வருவதால் அலைச்சல் குறைவாக இருக்கிறது. அதே சமயம் இலங்கை விமான நிலையத்தில் சுமார் 7 மணி நேரம் வரை காத்திருந்து வரவேண்டியுள்ளது என்றார்.

திருநெல்வேலியைச் சேர்ந்த ராஜமாணிக்கம் கூறும்போது, இந்த விமான சேவை மூலம் மதுரையிலிருந்து நேரடியாக நான் பணிபுரியும் குவைத்திற்கு செல்லலாம். இதனால் ஒருநாள் முன்பாக குவைத் செல்ல முடியும் என்றார்.

http://dinamani.com/edition_madurai/...cle1371280.ece[/EMAIL]

In the first flight itself there are few passengers from Bahrain, Abu Dhabi & Kuwait who used to come via other airports opted for colombo-madurai route and landed at madurai. If the timings are fine tuned by mihin and SG then, I am sure majority of the passengers will opt for colombo/madurai route since they can save time and money. Arrival time they have to wait for close to 7 hrs at Colombo and return time hardly any waiting hours. So mihin can adjust the flight time in such a way, people need to wait for 3-4 hrs in either direction. This will help the passengers to a great extend.

As we always repeat direct flight will help the ME & FE passengers to a large extend. I expect direct flight to few destinations will start in 2013.
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #5567
ANANTH

Likes (Received): 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozenBDJ View Post
what is the office with the PARAMAOUNT sign between Jet Airways and SpiceJet?
Once upon a time, we had an airlines called Paramount airways and they used to operate daily 4 flights between madras-madurai. It seems they have retained the office in the new terminal building with a hope that one day again they can resume the services.
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #5568
Madurai gilli

Likes (Received): 548

Thanks for your dedication Maduraiguy, Mustafa & Athi sir. Excellent updates.

Looks like most of the passengers are from Bahrain, Sharjah, Saudi arabia & Kuwait. Need to get a clear picture on whether Code-sharing problems for DXB,SIN & KUL is over (or) not. I hope it's over by now.

Interesting to see Lankan Sabarmala devotees via IXM..This will help to pull more Lankan tourists to Madurai, in coming days..It's high time, Our travel-club must act pro-actively, and arrange for a Road-show on Madurai, in Srilanka. Our rich Cultural heritage, Beautiful temples & Palaces, Vast Shopping bazaars, Nearby Hill-stations will definitely attract the Lankans & change the trend.

Both SG & Mihin Lanka flights are nearing "SOLD OUT" for all the days b/w Jan.1 to Jan.17.

B/w I'd given my Quote for Deccan chronicle regarding AI/AIE..Not sure It has come today..There're chances it may come tomorrow also. Kindly update me on this & share the article in our forums.

Judgement delayed is judgement denied !
Madurai gilli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #5569
Madurai gilli

Likes (Received): 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhan View Post
Madurai Veeran, i believe they give water salute only on the first landing. The spicejet flight got water salute at colombo.
Yes..You're right..Water-Salutes are given on First landing. It's given only on arrival & not for departures.

Judgement delayed is judgement denied !
Madurai gilli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #5570
alagesan

Likes (Received): 66

Mihin Lanka to Madurai.

Great news Mihin Lanka started its operation to Madurai.

One month before i didn't care about international connectivity from Madurai.

Now i'm in Jakarta, Indonesia. And seriously looking for a connectivity to Madurai via Colombo / Singapore.

From Yesterday, Jakarta - Colombo - Madurai is having connection through
Srilankan/MihinLanka.

Eagerly awaiting for Spicejet to commence its Singapore operation from 14th
April to have an another connectivity Singapore - Madurai
alagesan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #5571
Britboy

Likes (Received): 13

Good News.
Spice jet listening to international travellers in Domestic flight.
They are happy to allow free excess baggage as long you connect to their domestic flights after the international leg by any flights directly within reasonable time and viceversa.
They will not allow excess if you take a break in the journey.
Britboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #5572
meetmus2fa

Likes (Received): 611

How much baggage can I check-in if I have connecting international flight?

Guests connecting to / from any international destination to SpiceJet for domestic travel and having baggage allowance of more than 20 Kgs reflecting on their itinerary will be entitled to equivalent free baggage allowance on SpiceJet domestic services subject to the following:

a. Connection to/from any International Port within 24hrs.
b. A fee of INR 1000 flat, from 20 Kg up to 32Kgs

Baggage allowance by the International Carrier or registered baggage in excess of 32Kgs would be charged as per the normal applicable Excess Baggage charges of SpiceJet.

The above baggage allowance would be applicable for guests booked on Adult/Child fare. Infant bookings do not qualify for the allowance.

Passengers connecting to/from a SpiceJet International sectors to SpiceJet Domestic flights are entitled to a free baggage allowance as permitted on the International sector.

Guests may carry a maximum of one piece of cabin baggage, as defined by BCAS guidelines, with restriction of maximum weight of 7 kgs. The dimensions of the Cabin Baggage should not exceed (L+B+H) - 55+35+25 totaling 115cms for all flights operating the Boeing aircraft (737-800/900 ER) and (L+B+H) - 50+35+23 totaling 108cms for all flights operating Bombardier Q400 aircrafts. Due to airport security regulations, no cabin baggage is allowed on any flights originating from Jammu and Srinagar airports.

The above policy stands applicable for all aircraft types.

Please note the following exception to this policy applicable for Boeing flights only:

All guests traveling to and from DXB (Direct or OND flights) shall have a free baggage allowance of 30 Kgs. Anything above shall be charged as per normal applicable existing Excess Baggage.

Guests travelling to/ from the following stations shall be permitted a free baggage allowance as reflected on their itinerary / ticket, upto 32 Kgs of weight at nil additional charge (i.e. charge of INR 1,000/- not applicable).

The stations are:

• AMD
• VTZ
• CJB
• IXM
• IXE
• ATQ
• IXC
• VNS

For the above guests, the applicable normal excess baggage charges shall be levied for checked in baggage weight exceeding 32 Kgs.
meetmus2fa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #5573
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by madurai veeran View Post
Nice to see the water salute for Mihin Lanka's inaugural flight.

The first Spice Jet flight to Colombo wasn't lucky enough to get this honor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madurai gilli View Post
Yes..You're right..Water-Salutes are given on First landing. It's given only on arrival & not for departures.
Water salute was given to the SG flight when they landed in IXM from CMB I believe.
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #5574
madurakarenda
Hyperactive User

Likes (Received): 372

Excellent updates Madurai guy, Athi saravanan and Mustafa!!

I was really worried that day fearing that we may not get updates on MJ launch day.

Now, too happy!!!!!!!

Once again thanks to you guys!!!
madurakarenda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #5575
kumaran_supm

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by maduraiguy View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My concern on the above picture is, why the airports own language is not in that signboard while it has other two? Does the AAI think, the regioanl languages don't deserve to be in the board?
This kind of attitude encourages regionalism. Lets hope it gets changed...
kumaran_supm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #5576
maduraiguy
Karthick Rajasekaran

Likes (Received): 114

Answer for your post friend...

Sign boards are with three languages....Even separate departure display in Tamil inside Airport... AAI or CG didn't ignore regional languages. But our TN politician makes us to ignore our national language. And our people were struggling outside TN. :-(
வளர்த்த நம் மதுரையை நேசிப்போம்...

MADURAI "Ever living commercial hub & Investors' paradise over 2500 years of history"
maduraiguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #5577
kumaran_supm

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:

Sign boards are with three languages....Even separate departure display in Tamil inside Airport... AAI or CG didn't ignore regional languages. But our TN politician makes us to ignore our national language. And our people were struggling outside TN. :-(
The "consitution of India" doesn't state Hindi as a national language anywhere. Hearing from our guys Hindi as our national language hurts me. I am not against learning any langauges. But it shouldn't override ones mother tounge. Ofcource, I know Hindi and Basha Melayu

I have gone thru IXM many times and I know all the sign boards inside the airport terminal carry three languages. But this particular sign board which is located at the prime location of the main enterance has only two language. This is ignorace of the regional language obviously.

Pls note that I didn't ask "why is Hindi in the board" and I just asked why madurai's own language is not in the board?

I don't want to continue anymore debate on this.

Last edited by kumaran_supm; December 10th, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
kumaran_supm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #5578
Malaysia Mustafa

Likes (Received): 289

If anybody want to reply to the above post, kindly quote the above post and reply in TN Arattai Arangam Thread. Kindly dont continue here.

Madurai Airport ---> Statistics
Malaysia Mustafa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #5579
karkal

Likes (Received): 4580

Quote:

These sign boards doesn't say anything about arrival and departure, the signboards talk about the location of certain things. Don't get too much brain washed with the propaganda stuff. The states who have allowed the free flow of Hindi are now questioning it, saying it destroyed their local culture.

There is something called customer satisfaction and if 90% of the people who buy and travel through that airport speak, talk and walk that language it is common sense to use that language.

Last edited by karkal; December 10th, 2012 at 03:33 AM.
karkal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #5580
Malaysia Mustafa

Likes (Received): 289

Why dont you understand? If you want to reply, you can quote this post and continue in TN Arattai Arangam.

Dont spoil this thread with language bla blas. Its being already spoiled by city vs city fight.

Madurai Airport ---> Statistics
Malaysia Mustafa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
madurai, madurai airport

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: