daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area > Completed Projects

Completed Projects Completed tall buildings in Liverpool and Merseyside.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 372 votes, 4.90 average.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #10841
Medi73#!

Likes (Received): 1013

lol i reckon the thinking behind it might be to draw more people down there. tomo your such a snob.
Medi73#! no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 2nd, 2012, 01:21 AM   #10842
SteH

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo90 View Post
You can just tell what clientele it will attract.
May not be so mad at £4 a pint, sort of place people will pass through but not spend all night there.
SteH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM   #10843
Gutterfighter

Likes (Received): 14

I went in on Friday night. People were certainly having fun but the loud 90s house music seemed out of place. It was also odd that they had sold out of most beers. It's certainly not Oktoberfest but it will bring people to that end of town.
Gutterfighter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM   #10844
tomo90

Likes (Received): 189

Haha maybe I am but Im just really particular about where I like to go. I wouldnt have a ball in there. I would probs go in the day but I couldnt bare the thought of going on a sat night.
tomo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:40 AM   #10845
this_city

Likes (Received): 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by openlyJane View Post
Apparently, the Leeds branch can get extremely rowdy.
ha, yes. sadly its located near some heavily chav-frequented bars. bit of a shame
this_city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:08 PM   #10846
GLCBanana

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by openlyJane View Post
It is open although the finishing touches have yet to be completed - and it looks as if it will be extremely popular. The Bierkeller, itself, at the front as you walk in; then up the stairs you come to a sports bar area with large screens, pool table, fruit machines, and I'm told there will be an X-Box too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterfighter
I went in on Friday night. People were certainly having fun but the loud 90s house music seemed out of place.
No, that's the sports bar at the front with the loud 90s house music. The Bierkeller is up the steps then through to the left. We went in on Saturday evening for a couple of beers prior to going for a meal. It was much more chilled out than the bar at the front... that is until 9pm when the big screen showing a snowy Alpine scene rose up to reveal a stage area and the 'Bavarian Stompers' Oom-Pah band came on playing the Monty Python Theme Tune!

We had to leave at that point for our reserved table in Bellini's (big thumbs up again but that's another story), but the atmosphere in the Bierkeller was great and we'll be going back another time to soak it up more fully - only got a flavour of it the other night but it left us wanting mehr.
GLCBanana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #10847
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Likes (Received): 2302

Liverpool ONE completes 20th letting of 2012

Grosvenor announced that Kiehl's, Moda in Pelle, Bierkeller and The Fragrance Shop have taken space at Liverpool ONE.

These deals follow the opening in November of Harvey Nichols' Beauty Bazaar concept store in Peter's Lane, and brings to 20 the number of brands to have signed-up for space in the past 12 months.

Beauty products retailer Kiehl's and ladies shoe store Moda in Pelle each took 500 sq ft in Keys Court, which was recently redeveloped by Grosvenor. Designed by Liverpool architects, Studio Three, the new stores complement Liverpool ONE's 65,000 sq ft TopShop on the arcade linking Church Street to Peter's Lane and Beauty Bazaar. Kiehl's has taken space for the first time in Liverpool, and Moda has relocated from South John Street to accommodate Boux Avenue.

On lower South John Street, The Fragrance Shop opened an 800 sq ft store next to the recently enlarged Office. Bierkeller's 18,389 sq ft bar is situated between Chavasse Park and the Hilton Hotel, and is the brand's first location in Liverpool. All four brands are now trading.
Liverpool ONE experienced its busiest day since opening in 2008 on Saturday 1 December 2012, with a footfall of 172,000. The figure represented a 13% increase on the same day last year.

Miles Dunnett, head of asset management at Grosvenor Liverpool Fund, said: "This has been the best year so far in Liverpool ONE's history. We have secured some of the most exciting and 'must have' brands in the industry, many of whom have chosen Liverpool ONE to launch a new concept or open regional flagships. More importantly, consumers have rewarded our efforts with increased footfall and spend, and catchment growth that highlights Liverpool ONE's regional dominance.

"At the same time, Liverpool itself has gone from strength-to-strength, and is now ranked in the top three destinations in the UK for domestic tourism, as well as the fastest growing business tourism location in the country. This brings significant additional benefits to Liverpool ONE's retailers and restaurants, which is why they out-perform their chain averages."

Liverpool ONE is 100% let across South John Street, The Terrace, Paradise Street and
Peter's Lane. In addition, sales are currently 4.9% up year-to-date compared to 2011, and footfall is 5% above the North West and UK benchmarks.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #10848
Nomis90

Likes (Received): 224

Great news that Liverpool ONE is continuing to break its own records for footfall! Next year, that offer will expand further with the two new restaurants in the former Zavvi unit, anybody have any new info on what restaurants we can expect?
Nomis90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #10849
Howie_P

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis90 View Post
Great news that Liverpool ONE is continuing to break its own records for footfall! Next year, that offer will expand further with the two new restaurants in the former Zavvi unit, anybody have any new info on what restaurants we can expect?
Isn't one of them going to be a Browns Bar & Brasserie, (www.browns-restaurants.co.uk)?
Howie_P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #10850
jets9

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_P View Post
Isn't one of them going to be a Browns Bar & Brasserie, (www.browns-restaurants.co.uk)?

Wow..that's great eating news in my humble op.......loved going to Browns in Oxford in the 80's.....it had a real cache and class about it (It was all helped by the student thing) but even if they manage to capture a slice of that with a similar bill of fayre I'll be more than happy. It may also show up Jamies Kitchen experience around the corner.....sorry got a downer on Jamies, I think it's heavily over priced culinary smoke and mirrors.

Browns is a definite top notch alpha signing for the city, just as important as dragging in the Harvey Niicks name.
jets9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #10851
Dingle All The Way

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets9 View Post
Wow..that's great eating news in my humble op.......loved going to Browns in Oxford in the 80's.....it had a real cache and class about it (It was all helped by the student thing) but even if they manage to capture a slice of that with a similar bill of fayre I'll be more than happy. It may also show up Jamies Kitchen experience around the corner.....sorry got a downer on Jamies, I think it's heavily over priced culinary smoke and mirrors.

Browns is a definite top notch alpha signing for the city, just as important as dragging in the Harvey Niicks name.
No, it's just a chain restaurant who are in the bull ring. I was a student in Oxford and never went to Browns but it did have a reputation for being one of Oxfords most expensive, classy places. Oxford is a very small town though. Elsewhere it has little or no brand recognition, it's not like harvey nicks, famous nationwide and beyond.
Dingle All The Way no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #10852
jets9

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle All The Way View Post
No, it's just a chain restaurant who are in the bull ring. I was a student in Oxford and never went to Browns but it did have a reputation for being one of Oxfords most expensive, classy places. Oxford is a very small town though. Elsewhere it has little or no brand recognition, it's not like harvey nicks, famous nationwide and beyond.

Of course brand recognition isn't the same but that's not the central point I'm making......you've made it for me saying .....'one of Oxford's most expensive classy places.'

They've built a succesful natonal chain on that and liverpool needs plenty more expensive, classy.
jets9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #10853
Dingle All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets9 View Post
Of course brand recognition isn't the same but that's not the central point I'm making......you've made it for me saying .....'one of Oxford's most expensive classy places.'

They've built a succesful natonal chain on that and liverpool needs plenty more expensive, classy.
I don't know if it is really, It had that reputation amongst the Ra Ra students and
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #10854
Dingle All The Way

I couldn't aford to go there but Oxford didn't have many places. I know they use paper napkins. Anyway, they're very welcome but it is just a chain.
Old December 15th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #10855
Nomis90

Kiehl's UK now open in Key's Court!
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #10856
urbansubrosa

Likes (Received): 68

Posted a new blog about a series of shots I've recreated, 5 years on from when i first did them

Liverpool One 5 years on

For example 13th Feb 08 vs November 2012

Old December 16th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #10857
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Likes (Received): 2302

It was great looking through them thanks, I remember it well, I have very fond memories of this getting built.
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #10858
openlyJane
Human Being

Likes (Received): 12404

Images of the new 'Lush' store on Whitechapel - apparently the largest Lush store in the world ( although not huge - it also has an upstairs spa).

It is a vast improvement on what was here before, and is really quite impressive.

openlyJane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #10859
Nomis90

I was in the new Lush yesterday, I think it's about 3 times the size of the old store! The store inside has a great attention to detail! Was packed out, but as you said a big difference compared to the old clothes shop that was there previously! With Forever 21 opening next year too, Whitechapel has a great deal to offer now retail wise - with hardly any empty shops!
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #10860
the pool08

Likes (Received): 241

called into the new bierkeller liverpool 1.
what a place it was booming with a great atmosphere
the pool08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: