daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area > Liverpool Construction Projects

Liverpool Construction Projects Developments being built on Merseyside

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #21
boychild

Likes (Received): 8

Maybe because of the party wall with the cinema?
boychild no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #22
Chris B
Liverpool - Est. 1207

Likes (Received): 1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin S View Post
Why does it need a planning application? Is it a listed building?
Nope, it was built in the late 90's, and is just the same construction as the rest of the retail park.

To be honest with you, given the cinema is due to be demolished as well as in due course, I don't know why they don't just wait and knock them both down together. It would certainly avoid difficulties arising from demolishing close to an active site and a party wall.
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #23
Gazman

Likes (Received): 38

Don't think they share a party wall. Went past today and it looks like there's about a foot between the two individual structures
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #24
Paul m

Likes (Received): 0

Did you no that the hospital on the skellys site has been scrapped. Looks like we will be stuck with the grot spot a while longer
Paul m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #25
buggedboy

Likes (Received): 589

But the funding was totally confirmed! Great....
Old November 14th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Paul m

Likes (Received): 0

The problem was derwent did not swap land with merseycare . Merseycare are looking to build in Fairfield on the old police site .i hope the rest of the work goes ahead . We will see
Paul m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #27
Chris B
Liverpool - Est. 1207

The following was approved with conditions last Thursday.

From the Planning Explorer -

Quote:
Application Number - 12F/2662
Site Address - Land to the south of Edge Lane - bounded by Edge Lane to the north, Milton Road to the west, Crawford Way and Pighue Lane to the south, and Binns Road and Rathbone Road to the east, Liverpool, L13
Proposal - To vary conditions 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 22, 27, 28, 32 and 35 attached to 10F/2235 so as to allow commencement of an initial phase of development adjacent to Binns Road
Applicant - Derwent Holdings Ltd.
Details from the Related Documents -

Quote:
These variations of conditions are sought in order to allow development to commence on an initial phase, hereby referred to as Phase 0, in the short term by amending conditions so that details that are not relevant to the development of Phase 0 are not required to be submitted prior to commencing works on Phase 0. This will allow the applicant to bring forward the regeneration of this site, securing early investment and helping to deliver economic benefits for the area.
Here's a map, also taken from the Related Documents -

Copyright to the copyright holder. Shown here for informational purposes only.

Phase 0 will consist of the area outlined in green, to the other side of the railway line. The area outlined in red will be known as Phase 1, and will come later. For reference, Edge Lane runs top to the bottom towards the left of the image, while the traffic roundabout visible right of centre is the existing roundabout outside the cinema. Ignore the red outline to the bottom right, that merely shows the lower level of parking on the uncropped image.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #28
debiase

Likes (Received): 39

^

So if I'm reading that correctly it's the area where the half finished skeleton of a building is now? Sooner they get going with this the better, the whole of Edge Lane from the former Ian Skelly site right down to the Littlewoods building is a shambles. It gives a terrible impression of the city.
debiase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #29
Chris B
Liverpool - Est. 1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by debiase View Post
^

So if I'm reading that correctly it's the area where the half finished skeleton of a building is now?
Yep, that's right.

Even though it's only a small section, just seeing anything happen on-site here will be a big step forward.
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #30
Gazman

Likes (Received): 38

Looks like Binns Road is to be removed and another built if I'm reading that map correctly.
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #31
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Likes (Received): 1647

I don't suppose we have any renders of what to expect do we?
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #32
boychild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
The following was approved with conditions last Thursday.

From the Planning Explorer -

Details from the Related Documents -

Here's a map, also taken from the Related Documents -

Copyright to the copyright holder. Shown here for informational purposes only.

Phase 0 will consist of the area outlined in green, to the other side of the railway line. The area outlined in red will be known as Phase 1, and will come later. For reference, Edge Lane runs top to the bottom towards the left of the image, while the traffic roundabout visible right of centre is the existing roundabout outside the cinema. Ignore the red outline to the bottom right, that merely shows the lower level of parking on the uncropped image.
Looking at that map - the retail park as it stands where comet and currys are now will just be part of the new development for now. To tell the truth, I would not be sad if it stayed like that and Rathbone park was just redeveloped as a park. They could just develop the old factory/units where they made mugs and sold paint to act as a threshold on Edge lane. maybe even facing something onto a new Rathbone park?

Interested to see the new bridge(?) across the railway behind where I'd imagine dreams and JJb used to be.

Be really good to get those first new frontages onto Edge lane aswell.
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #33
debiase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
I don't suppose we have any renders of what to expect do we?
A large poster went up on the site last week advertising for tenants, it looks to have renderings on it. So they must exist somewhere other than the poster.
Old December 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #34
boychild

They are on page one of this thread by the looks of the plan. Nothing on it looks like it is different from those renders.
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #35
debiase

They're not hanging about for once, they were on site this morning and look to have made a bit of progress already. I see GVA are handling the marketing for it so I tried to find a bit more detail but after 10 minutes reading their corporate twaddle and trying to navigate their shittily designed site I just feel like punching myself in the face.
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #36
Inigo

Likes (Received): 73

Looks like good news in the echo and post. I just hope it's not another false dawn. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/2012/...0252-32464109/
Inigo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #37
Portobello Red

Likes (Received): 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo View Post
Looks like good news in the echo and post. I just hope it's not another false dawn. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/2012/...0252-32464109/

This looks interesting:

'And eventually revenues from the complex will be passed to a charitable fund which could bring untold benefits to the city'.
Portobello Red no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #38
Paul D
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER

Likes (Received): 1647

This story fits perfectly with the recent planning application, hopefully another biggie to look forward to in the coming year, it certainly looks like.

Quote:
£200m Liverpool Edge Lane retail complex plan to bring 400 jobs

LIVERPOOL Council bosses have struck a deal which will see £200m pumped into the revamp of Edge Lane.

They say up to 4,000 much-needed jobs in construction and retail will be created by the ambitious plans.

And eventually revenues from the complex will be passed to a charitable fund which could bring untold benefits to the city.

The good news comes after long- term negotiations between Mayor Joe Anderson and Derwent Holdings – which is owned by Isle of Man-based Albert Gubay – finally came to a conclusion.

Mayor Anderson said: “This is an ambitious project, made all the more challenging by the tough economic times.

“But we are determined to make it happen, because we know how important it is to rejuvenate this major city gateway, delivering excellent retail and leisure facilities and creating thousands of new jobs for local unemployed people.

“That’s why I made it a priority to sit down with Mr Gubay and work through the challenges.

“We have held really positive discussions and I’m delighted that we have now reached a point where, working together, we are overcoming the barriers facing us and moving things forward.

“It’s great news for the city that work on this exciting scheme is officially starting on-site. It’s now all systems go, and I’m looking forward to us pressing ahead, in the coming months, with making our vision for this part of the city a reality.”

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...#ixzz2FbK0SLTN
Old December 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #39
Awayo
Support the Squirrels

Likes (Received): 699

Hope so. Believe it when I see it mind - this Gubbay character...
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #40
jets9

Likes (Received): 61

This city is in for the weirdest roughest white knuckle ride with Uncle Joe......one day running with the foxes and painting a picture of a f!!!!!xxd city about to riot, covered with destitution, desparation and anger (one right out of the Militant hand book) and then on day two he is dressed in scarlet on horseback, treating with capitalists, larding his credentials as a man of action (in the real world where progress is born out of stabilty and 'getting on with it')

Only in Liverpool.

For all our sakes......the messaage has got to go out.

FFS......... JOE..........GET A GRIP

Last edited by jets9; December 20th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
jets9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: