daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Cultural and Sporting Venues

Cultural and Sporting Venues From Football Stadiums to Opera Houses.



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #8301
gouldy
Registered User
 
gouldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 1,445
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell77 View Post
Totally agree. Its so tempting to comment but not worth the effort of lifting my fingers on the keyboard. Is there a way of getting the site to block people on here who contribute absolutely nothing useful !
I'm not keen on the idea of banning any persons from speaking somewhere, something about the idea of that doesn't quite sit right with me. However, it cannot be denied that in many cases, the banning of a specific person would definitely improve the experience for everyone else.

Instead of seeking to ban, maybe we should just view him as a parody of "those" fans (If you Like the Wolves Express and Star page on Facebook, or any of the Wolves pages really, you'll know which fans I'm talking about, they pop up in the comments sections). Read his posts again, but try treating them as joke. I just did it; I read them in a very sarcastic voice and it does, at least to me, make them almost humorous

____________________________________________________

Now then, with that whole load of rubbish hopefully behind us;
Has anyone actually been to the museum yet? I know quite a few people for whom a ticket to the museum would make a great stocking filler, so; any feedback from it? Is it worth the £7?
gouldy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #8302
noddy1976
mmmm smoky bacon
 
noddy1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 134
Likes (Received): 4

I'm with gouldy and russell77 on this one
noddy1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #8303
Jay Jay Joy
Registered User
 
Jay Jay Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wolverhampton / Telford
Posts: 123
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy View Post
I'm not keen on the idea of banning any persons from speaking somewhere, something about the idea of that doesn't quite sit right with me. However, it cannot be denied that in many cases, the banning of a specific person would definitely improve the experience for everyone else.

Instead of seeking to ban, maybe we should just view him as a parody of "those" fans (If you Like the Wolves Express and Star page on Facebook, or any of the Wolves pages really, you'll know which fans I'm talking about, they pop up in the comments sections). Read his posts again, but try treating them as joke. I just did it; I read them in a very sarcastic voice and it does, at least to me, make them almost humorous

____________________________________________________

Now then, with that whole load of rubbish hopefully behind us;
Has anyone actually been to the museum yet? I know quite a few people for whom a ticket to the museum would make a great stocking filler, so; any feedback from it? Is it worth the £7?
Rubbish It was all FACT and made sense! ...

Like I keep repeating Gouldy ...

You keep seeing THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES or you're just a Morgan & Moxey ass licker

No need to ban me. This is my last post on this dead topic!

Merry Christmas to you too
Jay Jay Joy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #8304
DBadger
culled
 
DBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wolverhampton, Greater Birmingham
Posts: 7,134
Likes (Received): 1021

Edit: I was mistaken, sorry.
__________________
THE NORTH/SOUTH DIVIDE
THE MIDLANDS CONQUER

♣ WOLVERHAMPTON, GREATER BIRMINGHAM

Last edited by DBadger; December 14th, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
DBadger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #8305
gouldy
Registered User
 
gouldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 1,445
Likes (Received): 33

I've spent a lot of time holding thought provoking debates on many subjects with various people, and a lot of time holding far less interesting discussions with very ignorant folk; but rarely have I witnessed such a blatant case of the Dunning–Kruger effect, as that which I have witnessed over the last few pages. That is all.

Enough, now.



Now; referring others to the question I asked at the end of my previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy View Post
Has anyone actually been to the museum yet? I know quite a few people for whom a ticket to the museum would make a great stocking filler, so; any feedback from it? Is it worth the £7?
gouldy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #8306
RMB2007
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,282
Likes (Received): 2877

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell77 View Post
Totally agree. Its so tempting to comment but not worth the effort of lifting my fingers on the keyboard. Is there a way of getting the site to block people on here who contribute absolutely nothing useful !
You can add people to your ignore list. Click on User CP, then click on 'Edit Ignore List' in the settings and options section, and finally add the person you'd like to ignore into the area provided.
RMB2007 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #8307
Me Babbies
Registered User
 
Me Babbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 163
Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy

Now; referring others to the question I asked at the end of my previous post:
A question i was asked today & was hoping to get some help from the scrapers!


Additionally, for those north bankers who have been upper & lower tier any preference for me when the steve bull comes down?
Ive done a game in both tiers but quite frankly they were poor games so its hard to judge & i'll be there for a year or two...
Me Babbies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #8308
wildfire_wolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 98
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBadger
For the record, Morgan bought the club for £1 promising investment of £10m, which he did deliver.
I'm pretty sure it was £10, and that's now on display in the museum. The investment agreed being 30 million.

Not important but just stating.

Has anyone heard any more rumblings on the SB stand? Rumours were rife a few weeks back with subsidence issues etc.
wildfire_wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #8309
Jay Jay Joy
Registered User
 
Jay Jay Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wolverhampton / Telford
Posts: 123
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire_wolf View Post
I'm pretty sure it was £10, and that's now on display in the museum. The investment agreed being 30 million.

Not important but just stating.

Has anyone heard any more rumblings on the SB stand? Rumours were rife a few weeks back with subsidence issues etc.


FACT AS I SAID .. NOT FICTION LIKE .. BADGER ~ GOULDY ~ NODDY and others think...

YES GOULDY you'd better get to the museum and you may learn something about our once GREAT CLUB!

Last edited by Jay Jay Joy; December 14th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Jay Jay Joy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8310
ManxWolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Babbies View Post
A question i was asked today & was hoping to get some help from the scrapers!


Additionally, for those north bankers who have been upper & lower tier any preference for me when the steve bull comes down?
Ive done a game in both tiers but quite frankly they were poor games so its hard to judge & i'll be there for a year or two...
I've sat in the NB 3 times this season and the view from the upper tier is pretty great. It's also better in terms of atmosphere to the lower in my opinion, especially toward the back of the middle sections.
ManxWolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #8311
ManxWolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire_wolf View Post
Has anyone heard any more rumblings on the SB stand? Rumours were rife a few weeks back with subsidence issues etc.
I don't know if any of you remember the story, it was on match of the day 2 in the past couple years, of the isle of man based wolves fan who goes to every game. Anyway he is a family friend and naturally has forged many relationships within the club and usually knows a lot of the behind the scenes gossip, he has been a season ticket holder in the SB for many years but has moved this year because he has heard its being demolished

Obviously this is still gossip and so naturally could be complete rubbish, but having said that he's not often wrong about these things
ManxWolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #8312
DBadger
culled
 
DBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wolverhampton, Greater Birmingham
Posts: 7,134
Likes (Received): 1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire_wolf View Post
I'm pretty sure it was £10, and that's now on display in the museum. The investment agreed being 30 million.

Not important but just stating.

Has anyone heard any more rumblings on the SB stand? Rumours were rife a few weeks back with subsidence issues etc.
You're right, sorry. I'll make sure to check up on things I only heard in passing a while ago.

Has Morgan invested £30 million in the club since getting it? Or is he on track to?


Also btw, this is going to be opposite the Steve Bull when both finished:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...45m-expansion/

__________________
THE NORTH/SOUTH DIVIDE
THE MIDLANDS CONQUER

♣ WOLVERHAMPTON, GREATER BIRMINGHAM
DBadger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #8313
Glastowolf
Registered User
 
Glastowolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 138
Likes (Received): 1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBadger View Post
You're right, sorry. I'll make sure to check up on things I only heard in passing a while ago.

Has Morgan invested £30 million in the club since getting it? Or is he on track to?


Also btw, this is going to be opposite the Steve Bull when both finished:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...45m-expansion/

I wasn't aware of this, excellent news as it will improve the overall image of molineux st. My only concern is whether this building project might clash with plans for the new Steve bull, such that they couldn't both be done at the same time. Any thoughts?
Glastowolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #8314
yam.ie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5
Likes (Received): 0

i've not posted on here for sometime but look in now and then, one thing i've noticed is the way that gouldy bloke replies to some posts, it seems to me he thinks he is superior to most people.
just to say it as it is gouldy is a smarmy twat
yam.ie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #8315
Stuj4z
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 178
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastowolf View Post
I wasn't aware of this, excellent news as it will improve the overall image of molineux st. My only concern is whether this building project might clash with plans for the new Steve bull, such that they couldn't both be done at the same time. Any thoughts?
I don't see why that would happen. They would be different contractors on land different sides of the road from each other.

Neither project would use the others site for machinery/site works etc
Stuj4z no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #8316
wildfire_wolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 98
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yam.ie View Post
i've not posted on here for sometime but look in now and then, one thing i've noticed is the way that gouldy bloke replies to some posts, it seems to me he thinks he is superior to most people.
just to say it as it is gouldy is a smarmy twat
Gouldy, along with Messi, have done more than anyone to contribute to this thread taking time out to to take photos of the development. Their input outshone that of the official Molineux Pride site.

Gouldy has always come across as objective and reasonable in his replies and on many occasions shown more restraint than most.

The above comment is both unnecessary and immature.

Keep up the good work Gouldy and hope you're around for the rest of the development.
wildfire_wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #8317
gouldy
Registered User
 
gouldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 1,445
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay Joy View Post


FACT AS I SAID .. NOT FICTION LIKE .. BADGER ~ GOULDY ~ NODDY and others think...

YES GOULDY you'd better get to the museum and you may learn something about our once GREAT CLUB!

I was already aware that he bought the club for £10 and promised an investment of £30million, not the £1 and £10million that was mistakenly stated by someone else. I'm really not sure what the point of this post was? Other than another attempt to further alienate yourself, by including others in your insults now, instead of just continuing your tirade against me.

As I've said before, instead of genuine discussion, you only seem interested in provocation. Ask yourself, why is this? We are all here to talk about the construction of the molineux redevelopment and to follow the construction through photos etc. so why are you getting so capslocky and shouty? What do you hope to acheive by this? Genuinely, I'm interested. Surely you must realise that as soon as you start on this path, all you're doing is alienating yourself from the group as people begin to take your opinions less and less seriously?

Please, stop this. Please try to enter into proper discussion again - I'm not one for holding grudges and hard feelings. It's good to have differing opinions on the forum, it's what drives the discussions, just please stop getting so personal when someone challenges your opinions; or we end up in this situation again, where some folk were calling for you to be banned.


Now then;

Me Babbies: I have personally found the upper tier to be a vastly better experience, both for the view and the atmosphere. The only real negative is the large number of stairs you need to go up in order to get to your seat! However, to contrast that, my mom spent one game in the upper tier and hated it and moved her seat to the lower tier. I put this down to her age, to be honest, she wasn't much a fan of the number of stairs and the steepness slightly scared her


The University Development: Saw that posted the other day and I must say, that new building that will be right next to the new Steve Bull, looks really good. That little area of Wolverhampton will certainly be vastly improved in a few years time (IF, that is, the Steve Bull is to go ahead )
gouldy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #8318
Jay Jay Joy
Registered User
 
Jay Jay Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wolverhampton / Telford
Posts: 123
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yam.ie View Post
i've not posted on here for sometime but look in now and then, one thing i've noticed is the way that gouldy bloke replies to some posts, it seems to me he thinks he is superior to most people.
just to say it as it is gouldy is a smarmy twat
Alienate myself Gouldy???

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE as Yam.ie points out ..

You've spoken belittling and dismissing many Wolves fans on here besides myself, like David recently in the same manner..
In your condescending superior way

Just because you do a good job posting photo's on here, as Wildfire Wolf states, does not give you that right..
To undermine other Wolves fans opinions!

Last edited by Jay Jay Joy; December 16th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Jay Jay Joy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #8319
wildfire_wolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 98
Likes (Received): 7

Differing opinions are what makes these threads. To hold a different view isn't undermining them.

If we all agreed it would be a pretty flat debate.
wildfire_wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #8320
gouldy
Registered User
 
gouldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 1,445
Likes (Received): 33

If that's the way you and Yam.ie see it, Jay Jay Joy; then that's fine, it is, honestly, of little concern to me. I am not here to change people's opinions of my personality; I'm here to discuss the Molineux redevelopment. It would be seriously awesome if we could continue doing just that.
gouldy no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
wolverhampton

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu