daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Jumeirah Lakes Towers

Jumeirah Lakes Towers 79 Towers in a masterplanned community by Nakheel

Old August 26th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #6681
n7chap

Likes (Received): 6

That's ok, I would rip out the bathroom and kitchen if I'm honest as it's not to my taste. For me the location is very good but you're right finish could be better!
n7chap no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 27th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #6682
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 541

I'll post pics of my two bed renovations that are taking place as we speak in Arch.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2014, 08:13 AM   #6683
n7chap

What are you having done? I'd be interested to know if they do a good job and what the costs involved are.
Old August 28th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #6684
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by n7chap View Post
What are you having done? I'd be interested to know if they do a good job and what the costs involved are.
Every thing, it will practically be a brand new apartment when it is complete next week.

I gutted everything right down to the super structure of the building and started from scratch. To make a long story l did the apartment properly which the developer should of done in the first place, but they didn't.

Most apartments in my building just lay new ceramic on the existing ceramic on the floor which is easy, but l went the whole five yards. This is the hardest thing to do in a building, hammering a way six huge truck loads of cement, and getting rid of it. Then bringing up eight cubic meters of sand, and cement.

Also 're did the electrical, plumbing plus all new toilets, and kitchen.

I also filtered out the good workers from the not so good ones which is very important.
Old August 28th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #6685
jsmith6

Likes (Received): 5

Noir-dresses, good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Do you mind my asking if you plan to live in the place yourself, or what was your rationale for all of this work? I did the same thing to a property of mine, but my idea was that I would never sell it, so I wasn't worries about recouping my expenses.
jsmith6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #6686
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith6 View Post
Noir-dresses, good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Do you mind my asking if you plan to live in the place yourself, or what was your rationale for all of this work? I did the same thing to a property of mine, but my idea was that I would never sell it, so I wasn't worries about recouping my expenses.
Very simple with me lm going to use it my self, and most importantly l will never let a long term tenant ever set foot in my place again.

Don't want to deal with tenants, agents nor RERA ever again.
Old August 28th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #6687
n7chap

Wow! I'm impressed I can't wait to see it!

If I wanted to find out who the builder was would you mind sharing?

The floor tiles in my 1 bed are cheap and nasty, actually most of it was cheap and nasty...... That's Damac for you but another story... I'd love to get pull those up and replace with nicer tiles. I'm sure it would make all the difference. I've no idea where to start and how much it would cost though as I'm UK based.
Old Today, 10:49 AM   #6688
chefdude

Likes (Received): 33

n7 pm me if you want a UK expat to oversee project management for renovations I can source materials and contractors here for you if you like
chefdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote