search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast

Southeast TX, OK, LA, MS, AL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, KY
» Development News | Atlanta | Florida | Miami | Nashville | Orlando | Tampa Bay | Texas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Stuck in Bama

Likes (Received): 2714

Southeast College Football Discussion

Its here once again, enjoy.
Stuck in Bama no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:30 AM   #2
Cashville
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

SEC-SEC-SEC
Cashville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:27 AM   #3
Laam1199

Likes (Received): 0

TEXAS LONGHONRS IN 2009!

HOOK -EM & TEXAS FIGHT!

Most Winning College Football Programs as of 2009:
1. Michigan: 872-297-38
2. Texas: 832-320-34
3. Notre Dame: 831-285-42
4. Nebraska: 827-337-41
5. Ohio State: 808-306-53
6. Penn State 801-349-43
7. Alabama: 799-316-43
8. Oklahoma: 788-300-53
9. Tennessee: 776-327-55
10. USC: 765-303-54

image hosted on flickr

flickr BlazerMan

Photo: UT Athletics

Photo: Access Hollywood

40 Acressports.com

ticketcity.com

espn.com

Last edited by Laam1199; September 3rd, 2009 at 06:04 AM.
Laam1199 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:58 AM   #4
Laam1199

...More University Of Texas Longhorns

panoramio.com

uselectionatlas.org

sportsillustrated.com

image hosted on flickr

flickr kacoma

texas scout.com

vicfurth.com

utexas.edu

skyscraperpage.com mopacs

Last edited by Laam1199; September 3rd, 2009 at 06:13 AM.
Laam1199 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:27 AM   #5
jjsheed

Likes (Received): 1

HOOK 'EM
jjsheed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:00 AM   #6
GodofThunder
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
SEC-SEC-SEC
Just the local talk show here said. Everybody who does that sounds like an idiot. Ohhh, let's cheer for our conference instead of a team.

That is like saying, if you are an Indy Colts fan and you go AFC South, AFC South. You sound like an idiot.
GodofThunder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:01 AM   #7
GodofThunder
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsheed View Post
HOOK 'EM
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM   #8
GodofThunder
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laam1199 View Post
TEXAS LONGHONRS IN 2009!

HOOK -EM & TEXAS FIGHT!

Most Winning College Football Programs as of 2009:
1. Michigan: 872-297-38
2. Texas: 832-320-34
3. Notre Dame: 831-285-42
4. Nebraska: 827-337-41
5. Ohio State: 808-306-53
6. Penn State 801-349-43
7. Alabama: 799-316-43
8. Oklahoma: 788-300-53
9. Tennessee: 776-327-55
10. USC: 765-303-54
That is nice. Talk about something that really matters:

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Notre Dame 8
USC 7
Oklahoma 7
Alabama 7
Ohio State 5
Nebraska 5
Miami 5
Texas 4
Minnesota 4
LSU 3
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:41 AM   #9
Stuck in Bama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofThunder View Post
Just the local talk show here said. Everybody who does that sounds like an idiot. Ohhh, let's cheer for our conference instead of a team.

That is like saying, if you are an Indy Colts fan and you go AFC South, AFC South. You sound like an idiot.
I disagree, as an Alabama fan I cheer for other SEC schools when they play non-conf games, just like ill be cheering for UGA when they take on OK State, or LSU vs UW. Its called conference pride.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM   #10
Stuck in Bama

NCAA says Julio Jones and Mark Ingram can play as long as they pay
Posted by Don Kausler Jr. -- The Birmingham News September 02, 2009 7:00 PM

TUSCALOOSA - As long as Julio Jones and Mark Ingram pay, they can play.
That was the ruling that the NCAA announced Wednesday evening. The organization said the sophomore starters on Alabama's football team will remain eligible on the condition of repayment for "impermissible benefits" they received.

The NCAA is requiring Jones and Ingram to repay the value of the benefits to charity.

Jones, a star wide receiver, and Ingram, the starting running back, took a fishing trip in the spring that was paid for by an Athens businessman.

Alabama investigated the case and concluded that the businessman, 56-year-old Curtis Anderson, is not an Alabama booster. The university self-reported the violation to the Southeastern Conference.

The NCAA announced its decision in a four-paragraph statement early Wednesday evening:

The NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff has reinstated the eligibility of University of Alabama football student-athletes Julio Jones and Mark Ingram based on a condition of repayment.

"According to the facts of the case submitted by Alabama, the student-athletes received impermissible food, lodging, transportation and entertainment from an individual with whom one of the student-athletes had become acquainted prior to enrolling in college.

"Consistent with NCAA membership requirements, the institution reported the violation and declared the student-athletes ineligible. As part of the reinstatement request, the institution required the student-athletes to make repayment of the value of the impermissible benefits to charity.

"During the reinstatement process, the NCAA staff considers a number of factors including guidelines established by the NCAA Division I Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, relevant case precedent, the student-athlete's responsibility for the violation, as well as any mitigating factors presented by the institution."

Alabama athletic director Mal Moore said Alabama officials "are gratified that this matter has been resolved."

"Our compliance department, the SEC and the NCAA worked closely throughout this process," Moore said in a written statement issued by the media relations staff, "and we appreciate the professional manner in which it was handled."

Anxiety about the eligibility of Jones and Ingram was beginning to rise with each day as Saturday's season opener against seventh-ranked Virginia Tech drew closer.

Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke twice about the case Wednesday, but both times were before the NCAA announced its ruling.

Saban was asked Wednesday morning if Alabama did not get a ruling from the NCAA by Saturday, did he plan to sit the two starters out of the 7 p.m. game in Atlanta?

"I think that is up to the NCAA," Saban said on the first of what will be a weekly Southeastern Conference teleconference with reporters. "It's not my decision to do anything.

"We're hoping for a response," Saban said. "We want to do what we need to do to do things the right way from a program standpoint and for the players' best interests. The institution has handled the situation with tremendous integrity. We're hopeful that we will have some sort of resolution in the short term."

Saban did not want to discuss what sitting Jones and Ingram down would mean to the Alabama offense.

"I'm not really into speculating on what might be," Saban said. "I've got enough problems with what is. So let's just focus on what is right now."

Saban repeated many of these comments during his opening statement to the news media following Wednesday's practice.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:47 AM   #11
Stuck in Bama

Alabama announces 2010 football schedule, will play host to Penn State
Posted by Don Kausler Jr. -- The Birmingham News September 02, 2009 2:40 PM

The marquee home game against Penn State is the highlight of a 2010 football schedule that the University of Alabama announced today.
The Crimson Tide also will play nonconference games against San Jose State, Duke and Georgia State,

The San Jose State game will be the season opener on Sept. 4 in expanded Bryant-Denny Stadium.

The Penn State game is scheduled for Sept. 11.

Duke will be a Sept. 18 road game. Georgia Statewhich will visit Tuscaloosa on Nov. 20,, is coached by former Alabama coach Bill Curry.

Florida is among the Southeastern Conference teams that will visit Bryant-Denny Stadium.

As it will be this year, the Auburn game will be played on a Friday (Nov. 26), this time at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

The open date is on Oct. 30.

The complete schedule:

9/4 SAN JOSE STATE
9/11 PENN STATE
9/18 at Duke
9/25 at Arkansas
10/2 FLORIDA
10/9 at South Carolina
10/16 OLE MISS
10/23 at Tennessee
10/30 open
11/6 at LSU
11/13 MISSISSIPPI STATE
11/20 GEORGIA STATE
11/26 AUBURN
Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM   #12
papa_spaz

Likes (Received): 2

The National Championship game has been around since 1998: Since then the SEC has dominated.

SEC= 5-0
Big 12= 2-4
ACC= 1-2
Big East= 1-2
Big Ten= 1-2
Pac 10= 1-1

The SEC has the best fans and most electric stadiums in the entire country. The SEC has led the nation in attendance for 25 straight years!!!!

After this year it will be 26.

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!
papa_spaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:44 PM   #13
Cashville
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:

Well, your local talk show hosts are idiots (and apparently haters).

Every year news columnists from other parts of the country write columns (have already read one from Big 12 and ACC country this year) trying to compare themselves to the SEC in football. Much like they thought last year the Big 12 thinks they are actually going to be better this year .

The SEC-SEC-SEC chant is just the fans and the players (LSU players did it on ESPN after winning the title a couple years ago) way of telling the rest of the country to kiss our ass.

We hate each other when we are playing each other, but nobody else in the country can mess with us.
Cashville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:24 PM   #14
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
That is nice. Talk about something that really matters:

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Notre Dame 8
USC 7
Oklahoma 7
Alabama 7
Ohio State 5
Nebraska 5
Miami 5
Texas 4
Minnesota 4
LSU 3
At least you're not one of those OU fans that like to throw 1970 in our face (even though that does indeed count lol). Hope to get that number to 5 this season. I thought USC and Alabama only have 6.
TexasBoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM   #15
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Bama View Post
I disagree, as an Alabama fan I cheer for other SEC schools when they play non-conf games, just like ill be cheering for UGA when they take on OK State, or LSU vs UW. Its called conference pride.
I guess. But as a Texas fan. May I say, to hell with OU, Tech, A&M, OSU, Colorado, ISU, Kansas, Missouri, KSU, and Baylor. I tend to root for Nebraska football sometimes. Love their fans. But I cheer for Texas to succeed, not the big 12 to succeed. I could care less if the other teams go winless. They have no bearing on what Texas accomplishes. That's like me as a Cowboy fan rooting for the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles because the NFC East historically has been the best division in the super bowl era. You won't see me going around saying NFC East, NFC East, NFC East. And yes, people have compared themselves to the NFC East and we still don't give a shit about them or each other.

I just found it hilarious that when Florida won the national championship, you had Ole Miss and Auburn fans acting like they won the championship with them and talking shit to OU fans like they have accomplished the same thing. If OU won, you wouldn't see Texas or Tech or OSU fans talking shit to Florida like that. That's just me or should I say, the rest of the country ,though. BTW, I do acknowledge that the SEC is the best conference year in and year out.
TexasBoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:58 PM   #16
papa_spaz

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBoi View Post
I guess. But as a Texas fan. May I say, to hell with OU, Tech, A&M, OSU, Colorado, ISU, Kansas, Missouri, KSU, and Baylor. I tend to root for Nebraska football sometimes. Love their fans. But I cheer for Texas to succeed, not the big 12 to succeed. I could care less if the other teams go winless. They have no bearing on what Texas accomplishes. That's like me as a Cowboy fan rooting for the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles because the NFC East historically has been the best division in the super bowl era. You won't see me going around saying NFC East, NFC East, NFC East. And yes, people have compared themselves to the NFC East and we still don't give a shit about them or each other.

I just found it hilarious that when Florida won the national championship, you had Ole Miss and Auburn fans acting like they won the championship with them and talking shit to OU fans like they have accomplished the same thing. If OU won, you wouldn't see Texas or Tech or OSU fans talking shit to Florida like that. That's just me or should I say, the rest of the country ,though. BTW, I do acknowledge that the SEC is the best conference year in and year out.
Comparing college conferences to NFL divisons is pretty dumb.The NFL has a playoff so divison strength doesn't mean much. College conference strength is very important b/c it is a beauty pagent. See Utah from last year. If Utah had played in the SEC, Pac 10, or Big 12 they would have been in the national championship game. Or USC from last year who had the same record as Florida. The Pac 10 had a down year last year so UF got the nod. over USC.

As long as strength of schedule is important in college football then conference play is very important. Comparing it to the NFL is very stupid.

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Last edited by papa_spaz; September 4th, 2009 at 12:34 AM.
papa_spaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM   #17
Stuck in Bama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBoi View Post
At least you're not one of those OU fans that like to throw 1970 in our face (even though that does indeed count lol). Hope to get that number to 5 this season. I thought USC and Alabama only have 6.
He's right Alabama has 7 AP and UPI national titles
AP: 1961, 1964, 1965, 1979, 1992
UPI: 1973, 1978

USC
AP: 1962, 1967, 1972, 2003, 2004
UPI: 1974, 1978
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM   #18
SRG

Likes (Received): 24

Boomer Sooner all effin day long.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM   #19
skysdalimit
Uptown Bound

Likes (Received): 132

UNC = University of National Champions

GO HEELS GO!

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by skysdalimit; September 3rd, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
skysdalimit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #20
SRG

Likes (Received): 24

I want to thank everyone for posting the amazingly huge pictures and overloading the thread so that the page takes two minutes to load on my phone...

Tags
acc, akansas, auburn, bama, clemson, football, ga tech, georgia, kentucky, lsu, memphis state, miss state, nc state, odu, oklahoma, ole miss, osu, sec, southeast college, tenn, uab, unc, uwv, virginia