SkyscraperCity Forum banner

10 Bank Street (Heron Quays West 1) | Canary Wharf | 161m | 31 fl | Approved

306K views 927 replies 224 participants last post by  Smitsax 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
N.B. I've split this from the RS thread

-- wjfox

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the adjacent site at Heron Quays West, it is now confirmed Canary Wharf is preparing to submit a revised planning application for a 1million sq ft development instead of the existing 600,000 sqft previously consented scheme.

#5 ·
I would have thought they would retain the basics of the scheme. There is certainly going to be height increases...the precedent is set...thanks Will & Grace..I mean Will & Jef

(Edit: just watched a French train travelling at 565km/h live on TV!!!)

#7 ·
CBEEBIES..oh...news 24...sncf

#11 ·
Yer the Rogers design is sex on a stick! A height increase should be the only thing to improve the scheme imo

#13 ·
I hope they keep one tower signifigantly shorter than the other though. Consider 7 or eight years time, RS is built, NQ is built HQW is under construction 1CS would have 8 companions roughly around the 200m mark (HSBC, CB, RS1, RS2, NQ1, NQ3, HQW1, HQW2) This will make the height limits at the wharf look like its hit a ceiling, which only 1CS has broken through. Too many towers of similar height. Shame Columbus wasn't built, as it was bigger than 1CS, and 1CS may not have become the unbeatable centrepoint it seems to have become.

#24 ·
Well...to put it not so mildly....Tower Hamlets can bite me!

1CS isn't that tall anyway by international standards....so if that is the pinnicle, with everything around it tapering downwards....that's just gonna be riddiculous.

#27 ·
^^ I agree the model looks great! As to Tower hamlets planning policy what is the thinking behind it? Who makes these decisions that the buildings 'should taper down towards the south' ? It's propbably down to one or two sad nimby characters somewhere on the council who are against tall buildings regardless of the quality of design. You only have to visit virtually every town in GB to see how terrible our town planning has been over the last half century!:eek:hno:

#29 ·
Unfortuately we are the victims of the political right (or conservative) disliking tall buildings because they prefer 'tradional' buildings and the left who profess to agree while also talking up 'local people' who they patronisingly assume would also prefer 'tarditional' buildings' but who also have a covert anti capitalist agender in their oposition to anything tall. Building is still one of the last bastions of the 'old backward looking England' - When will we just get on with the present day!!!!:bash: