daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Western Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Today, 03:14 AM   #8901
buddha3211
Conform Or Be Cast Out

Likes (Received): 2453

https://www.mra.wa.gov.au/news-and-u...r-construction
https://www.mra.wa.gov.au/news-and-u...e-construction

Quote:
Works | 14 December 2017
Digital tower construction

The digital tower and canopies will be a striking feature of Yagan Square and a landmark for the city.

The digital tower will be 45 metres high (approximately 13 storeys). The circular screen, which will wrap around the tower ‘bulrushes’, will be 30 metres in diameter x 14 metres high. A sub-station is concealed within the base of the tower that will power the whole Yagan Square precinct.

Installation of the digital tower columns and nodes - which will light up the columns - is complete. The internal columns measure up to 35.5m high, while the external columns are between 41.5m and 45m high.

The installation of the LED circular screen is also complete.

Testing of the digital tower screen and nodes is complete, with full commissioning of the screen and canopies scheduled for early 2018.
Quote:
Works | 14 December 2017
Market Hall and Horseshoe Lane construction

Construction of the Yagan Square buildings, attractions and open spaces is progressing.

Construction of the Market Hall and Horseshoe Lane structures are complete, with facade and glazing works progressing. The first food and beverage tenants have commenced fit-outs in the Market Hall.

Seating installation for the Amphitheatre is complete. Paving is progressing with significant work complete on the William Street Mall.

Planting of native trees is underway on the upper level. Around 50 new trees will be planted throughout the square.

Construction of the canopies is around 90% complete.

Testing of the digital tower screen and nodes is complete, with full commissioning of the screen and canopies scheduled for early 2018.
buddha3211 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Today, 04:24 AM   #8902
eugenius

Location: Melbourne / Perth / Mackay / Coventry / Sheffield / Brussels / Birkenhead
Likes (Received): 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westoz View Post
Sitting in the outdoor area at Market Grounds right now and absolutely cannot believe the amount of pedestrian and cyclist traffic using the new king-lake link.

Must say it is bloody fantastic to see the link finally somewhat established.
I dropped past yesterday afternoon as well and it seems like it will be a great spot / should attract more of the same king of street activation (if they are allowed licences) - and is probably the best thing to come out of the link so far for me (although I am hoping that Yagan Square will have similar areas that bring people to the place).

Also - you can now easily do a Lake St / King St pub crawl....
eugenius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:58 AM   #8903
Westoz

Likes (Received): 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotdaliney View Post
No pics of our new link?.
No sorry but it was dark and it doesn't look too tidy at the moment. It was basically the western sidewalk and part of the road open, the rest was restricted by temporary fences still. Expect it to open up more over the coming months.

The Weeknd may have contributed to the pedestrian traffic but it was typically families and casual cyclists. I assume the route over the dive structure is now closed in favour of the king-lake link.
Westoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:31 AM   #8904
eugenius

Location: Melbourne / Perth / Mackay / Coventry / Sheffield / Brussels / Birkenhead
Likes (Received): 730

^ I think they had also closed the Milligan St link access from the little square outside Surge Fitness, which was also forcing people along the Lake / King route. (sorry - basically what you said before).

Which - and I know I keep banging on about it - makes it even worse if you are travelling between the western end of Northbridge and the western end of the CBD - far worse than when the old Milligan Footbridge was there (that was the true Northbridge / City Link!). I have already moved away from the Milligan St end of town (5 years after that link was proposed), and I suspect it will be another two at least before that connection is done (as that looks like it will be integrated into one of the Far Easter developments).
eugenius no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
brisbane, maglev bus to caboolture, mandurahboyz, tunnels, urban renewal