daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions

General Developments and Discussions » Bridges | Cycling | Maritime

Old October 6th, 2005, 12:00 AM   #1
Æsahættr

Likes (Received): 5

Share your worst airline experiences

Share.

Sponsored Links

Old October 6th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #2
CrazyCanuck
MOD SQUAD

Likes (Received): 19

When a piece of chocolate from my meal slipped on to my seat and I sat on it and it smudged all over my ass, it was bad.
CrazyCanuck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 12:11 AM   #3
ralex231

Likes (Received): 0

I was flying from Jacksonville airport to RDU and there was horrible turblance. The turbulance was so bad that it knocked luggage out of the storage bins and knocked flight attendants to their feet. That might be one of the scariest moments of my life
ralex231 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:37 AM   #4
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 30

I was sitting upstairs on a 747 on a flight from Saipan to Tokyo while I was drinking the coke on my hand the plane suddenly lost altitude due to turbulence and I saw a string of coke coming out from the can it was odd and when the plane gain its altitude all the coke that went up splashed onto my pants. All this happened less than 4 seconds.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:19 AM   #5
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 232

I don't think I could ever have a horrible flying experience since I love flying so much. I've been in heavy plane jolting turbulence in an American Eagle ERJ-145, was scared shitless but I was laughing and clapping when it was over. Once I was in Houston on a Continental 737-500 and our plane was delayed at the gate for about 3 hours. I was my first flight in 10 years and I was just excited to be on a plane again........heh, that was the summer of 2004 and I've had numerous flights in the past year and a half.

I can't wait for my flight to New York City in less than two weeks, so excited. I get to go on 3 planes in, and 3 planes out. Awesome.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #6
staff
囧!

Likes (Received): 372

I guess my worst experience was on a flight between Stockholm and Malmø. There was a terrible storm over Malmø, and the pilot tried to land several times on Malmø-Sturup, but he didn't make it and we had to land in Hamburg instead.
Old October 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #7
Ringil
The Big Cheese

Likes (Received): 26

I've been stranded in the african desert, been droven 300km north through nowhere, for the first time had thoughts on where our embassy may be located, spent 24 hours with people i dont know. met a lot of interesting people, fought with people for tickets home, filled in hell of a lot of papers, really really had a wonderful time, really it was so awesome

If you wanna experience this then choose Iberia!
Ringil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #8
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck
When a piece of chocolate from my meal slipped on to my seat and I sat on it and it smudged all over my ass, it was bad.
hope u got over that.
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #9
solbyair
ze kreat ant ze onli

SABENA = Such A Bad Experience Never Again

When the lavatories on Brussels - Glasgow didn´t work they offered free drinks to everyone as compensation
solbyair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM   #10
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by solbyair

When the lavatories on Brussels - Glasgow didn´t work they offered free drinks to everyone as compensation

That makes sense.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #11
squeemu

Once we landed in Chicago on the way to Washington D.C. and we were flying on American. We went to where our connecting plane was located, got on, and waited for 45 minutes. They then told us that the plane was broken so we couldn't fly on it. They sent us across the whole terminal (O'hare's American terminal is HUGE) to catch another flight that left in 10 minutes.

We ran over there as fast as we could, and they said it was full. So they sent us BACK across the terminal to another plane, got on just in time and they closed the doors. THEN we sat there for another 30 minutes. After that, they informed us that THIS plane was broken and we would have to get on another plane. We did, and that one finally took off. Our 1 hour layover ended up taking almost 5.
squeemu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #12
london-b
βAŇŇĘÐ

Likes (Received): 328

I was on an EasyJet plane on final to land at Geneva when we hit a pocket of air turbulence, but these turbulence was nothing like I had experienced before. They seriously rocked us about and lost altitude quickly, not nice when your so close to the ground.
london-b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #13
Ramses

Likes (Received): 8

Last edited by Ramses; August 30th, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Ramses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #14
sky_high

hehehe, the worst should be these who can not be alive anymore due to the flights.
sky_high no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #15
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 655

A flight from LA to Hong Kong! People were so noisy!!!! Especially speaking Cantonese!

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #16
Effer
Above the Ignorance

Likes (Received): 100

Chicago-Paris

American Airlanes- Worst service and airplane i've ever seen!
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #17
adidas
BANNED

Ujbekistan airline from Delhi to London rubbish food and everything else was rubbish too.
adidas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2005, 08:59 AM   #18
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Likes (Received): 8

Ive been on American airlines and worst of all,Northworst.Oppps I mean Northwest.

I will never fly with any of those carriers again.All they seem to care about is money.The service is shocking and the food very cheap and nasty.On Norhtworst they shouted at me because I had too many beers.How many? 3.Thats it.3 beers in 8 hours???

For me Singapore,Cathy are the best.Followed by JAL,Qantas,ANA.Virgin was also very good.

Other airlines ive been on that were good.British airways,Air New Zealand,Austrian air,Korean,Malaysian and Thai.

Some others ive taken but wasnt too happy with but not as disgusted as Northworst and Amerian.Air China and KLM.
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #19
Ringil
The Big Cheese

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by solbyair

SO TRUE, got really bad experience with old sabena but I thought it was Such A Bloody Experience Never Again
Ringil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #20
vincent

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
I was sitting upstairs on a 747 on a flight from Saipan to Tokyo while I was drinking the coke on my hand the plane suddenly lost altitude due to turbulence and I saw a string of coke coming out from the can it was odd and when the plane gain its altitude all the coke that went up splashed onto my pants. All this happened less than 4 seconds.
it is not odd. It is like astaurant "flying" in space when they are in negative G condition. The coke was in that - G condition when the altitude was dropping rapidly, that's why it "fly" out. Almost all space agency around the world use similar method (intentional decrease altitude rapidly) to simulate the - G condition to train people for space flight.
vincent no está en línea   Reply With Quote