search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Australian Capital Territory

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2017, 04:46 AM   #221
AndyGM

Likes (Received): 2170

Fourth Campbell 5 building is now U/C and on sale. That just leaves the last (and largest) building on the corner lot, where the sales office now sits.

Siena - 53 apartments

https://www.allhomes.com.au/news/ita...170623-gwxc83/

abc liked this post
AndyGM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2017, 12:50 AM   #222
steve_nova

Likes (Received): 3

Interesting how they describe it as inspired by the buildings of Sienna. How? It looks just like a contempory apartment development. It has more in common with Japanese minimalism (Zen) architecture than anything Italian like most apartments do today. I'm not saying I don't like it, I do. It's just the bullshit that goes with it I don't like. Incorporating carrera marble does not an Italian building make!

Harry Andrews, ex0dus1985 liked this post
steve_nova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 02:57 AM   #223
AndyGM

Apartment developers using hyperbole to sell apartments?? Never!

None of the buildings' architecture has had anything to do with their namesake location. Doesn't change the fact that they are nice buildings though, and the finish/workmanship is apparently top-notch (along with prices).
Old June 27th, 2017, 05:12 AM   #224
abc

Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGM View Post
Apartment developers using hyperbole to sell apartments?? Never!

None of the buildings' architecture has had anything to do with their namesake location. Doesn't change the fact that they are nice buildings though, and the finish/workmanship is apparently top-notch (along with prices).

And the ad on TV.. Australian VO guys putting on a really bad Italian accent.
abc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 05:13 AM   #225
abc

Another crane up in Braddon on the old Labor Party HQ opposite the Oval. Also the old flats opposite the Canberra centre, the low rise ones are almost gone.
Old July 6th, 2017, 01:42 AM   #226
AndyGM

Went past Braddon this morning.

Palko and Nibu almost complete, Gallery up to level 4, Yamaroshi now underway (piling).
Old July 6th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #227
abc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGM View Post
Went past Braddon this morning.

Palko and Nibu almost complete, Gallery up to level 4, Yamaroshi now underway (piling).
And who names these buildings?
Old July 6th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #228
abc

And another thing.. now that Photobucket has locked everyone's accounts wanting $400 US dollars a year, I need a new photo hosting site. Way to end your business. Luckily I was logged in and managed to get all my shots to the desktop. Anyway and recommendations welcome.
Old July 6th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #229
AndyGM

Imgur is easily the best I've found

abc liked this post
Old July 11th, 2017, 01:26 AM   #230
nsn

Likes (Received): 48

The new beauty-focused area in the redeveloped part of Canberra Centre opens in 2 days, but it's clear at this stage that there's going to be a staggered opening of the redevelopment. The ground floor site on the corner of Petrie Plaza and Bunda St at the new entrance hasn't had any internal fit-out work done at all yet, so that space is a way away from opening. Further down Bunda St hoardings cover the windows of another space, advertising Raku - a Japanese restaurant which also looks like it will be opening at a later date. Some stores have closed in advance of moving into the new area (Lush, Crabtree and Evelyn).
In David Jones the hoardings over the shutters to the mall entrances have been removed on the ground floor but not on the first floor. But then that Canberra Times article stated that the first floor of the redevelopment would open later as a "lifestyle precinct".
Also, new ads have appeared on Seek for staff for stores for Calvin Klein Underwear and Husk that will be opening in Canberra Centre.

AUboy, abc liked this post
nsn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #231
nsn

A few photos of the new area in this Canberra Times article.

The queues at lunchtime on opening day for Mecca Maxima and for the chance to meet some (apparently famous and very popular) beauty blogger were insane.

abc liked this post
nsn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 06:30 AM   #232
alexcnb

Likes (Received): 23

I went today to the new area of the Canberra Centre and took some photos, in case not everyone had seen them yet. Needless to say, most of the customers in this area were women. Sorry about the picture size, don't know how to post them in small size.

I like the gold covering they've used for the old arches that remain from the old centre. I was initially opposed to keeping the arches, now I don't mind it.

New entrance

I thought the below one was one shop, it's actually a few shops with different counters. The names of the businesses on the signs do not show very well because my phone does not take good pictures in low light.

Second floor no open yet

New L'Occitane shop

Mecca Maxima

So sadly, no two story Uniqlo or big retailer.

abc, nsn, ex0dus1985 liked this post
alexcnb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 07:08 AM   #233
AUboy

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
I like the gold covering they've used for the old arches that remain from the old centre. I was initially opposed to keeping the arches, now I don't mind it.
The arches are all new, they never existed prior They are reminiscent of the original ones that were removed in the 80's

AUboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 09:05 AM   #234
alexcnb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUboy View Post
The arches are all new, they never existed prior They are reminiscent of the original ones that were removed in the 80's

Haha, thank you. It had been under renovation for so long I had forgotten there were no arches there.
Thanks for posting the old photo. Had not seen it previously, the flags look good. I wonder what's going on the bottom floor where Lincraft used to be. There were escalators there too.

AUboy, ex0dus1985 liked this post
Old July 21st, 2017, 11:56 PM   #235
nsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcnb View Post
So sadly, no two story Uniqlo or big retailer.
There's a 2-storey something going in to the old Dick Smith space next to Aldi and the carpark space on level 1. Walked past the hoarding in the carpark the other day and escalators have been installed in there. We will have to wait and see what it is.

Thanks for posting the photos!
Old Yesterday, 01:55 AM   #236
alexcnb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsn View Post
There's a 2-storey something going in to the old Dick Smith space next to Aldi and the carpark space on level 1. Walked past the hoarding in the carpark the other day and escalators have been installed in there. We will have to wait and see what it is.

Thanks for posting the photos!
I hadn't noticed that. It would be good if it was a big fashion store. However ground floor is all homewares and food, it doesn't strike me as a fashion place but I would welcome it if it is.