daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Architecture and Photography > Photography and Videos

Photography and Videos Снимки и видео от България
» Moesia | Thrace | Macedonia | Black Sea Coast | Mountains| Sofia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #101
Cyberflow
Gaijin

Likes (Received): 166

The promised update ... is as follows:

On my way to the "Kulata" ethno complex.

Now up the stairs, to the park.

the original Tracian Tomb:

the park around it:

the copy, accessible for tourists:

a mysterious cat infront of it:

the info pannels in the halloway:

the entrance, this is where they burried the horse:

inside:

deeper into the park:

There is a labirint of tunnels running under the whole park, and this is one of the entrance points. They were made during the WW2, as a defence against air attacks and for possible hideouts. It is as they were digging for one of these, when they discovered the tomb. As kids, we used to spend some time down there exploring and looking for corpses, ofcourse, to no avail.

They are 10 to 15 meters deep, as you can see, and whilst the vertical part is relatively wide, the horizontal passage down at the bottom is a mere meter tall, so one needs to crawl... As I was taking this picture, I dropped my glasses, and I had to go after them, to the uttermost horror of my girlfriend. Ofcourse, I had prematurely provided her with the most horrific stories ones' twisted mind can come up with, regarding these tunnels, so her experience must have been uncomparably more repulsive than mine.

...and back to the city...

the Pallace of Culture:

Downtown, Skobelevska str.

Central Square and around it:

a cool house:

and a church:

more pics from the center:

My first school:

... beauty...reminds me of St. Petersburg, even though I ve never been there

The mosque:

some nice but run down old house:

the postoffice:

yet another church:

another nice house:

a part of the east side:

the train station:

a building with a steep roof:

Iskra garden:

Iskra street:

Catholyc church:

Northern part of the city:

the stadium:

the Arsenal sports hall:

the road that's been renovated... however, not right at the moment when this pic was taken...

and here the renovation ends, right infront of the Rosarium....

which is under no reconstruction, as someone supposed...

Cool old jewish house on the corner of the street:

the road to Sofia...

and finally, a pic taken 3 months ago. Shipka Temple:

Cyberflow no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #102
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Thank you so much!
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #103
Cyberflow
Gaijin

You are wellcome
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:03 PM   #104
mdka
UNREGISTERED USER

Likes (Received): 16

I like it a lot ,clean,green townCyberflow if you say that Kazanlak looks bad i dont no what we have to say for towns like Turgovishte,Silistra and so on,definetely i will visit Kazanlak again,I was there once on a school trip in 99 and i dont remember much but from these photos it seems that the city is going well

Last edited by mdka; May 5th, 2008 at 09:32 PM.
mdka está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #105
mdka
UNREGISTERED USER

Hmm you tell us that people are poor,look at the third car ,its especially for poor people model

Last edited by mdka; May 5th, 2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #106
ВОДА
on the move

Likes (Received): 10861

Bentley

Kazanlak is great!
ВОДА no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #107
Cyberflow
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdka View Post
Cyberflow if you say that Kazanlak looks bad i dont no what we have to say for towns like Turgovishte,Silistra and so on...
When have I said that? I was very pleasantly surprised by the way Kazanlak looks. Today I passed through the western end of the city, right through the commie blocks and I was astonished to see that every piece of land between the buildings was landscaped... even there. Damn, I want Sofia to look like this...
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #108
mdka
UNREGISTERED USER

Why havent you posted pics of Kazanluk earlier?or you are going home only once a year

Last edited by mdka; May 5th, 2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #109
Cyberflow
Gaijin

I was in USA for 4 years. And now I came home to stay. There are several new goodlooking buildings u/c so in a year it should look even more fresh than it is now. Just hope they keep up the good work after the next elections, couse we know how easy stuff gets forsaken and destroyed
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #110
mdka
UNREGISTERED USER

So from USA is your "mania" for highrises
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #111
Cyberflow
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdka View Post
So from USA is your "mania" for highrises
Nope. It's always been there. Actualy I don't like usa cities. Too much concrete, too much dust, cities made for cars, not for people. When I was a kid I used to dream that the highrise behind Hilton , on the corner of Vitoshka, is getting destroyed and a skyscraper gets erected on it's stead. I still have the same dream. That thing is so ugly...

Last edited by Cyberflow; May 5th, 2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #112
JuMPer
Ой Ламьо - ПаPе нEма

Likes (Received): 293

just great and amazing photos, thanx alot for sharing
JuMPer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #113
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 33

I like Kazanlak I've never been yet but the photos are really good
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #114
KRUM

Likes (Received): 715

I love Kazanlak I wish i was born there
People of kazanlak are great and a town is made by its people. I hope some other bulgarian cities take the example.
Sofia has a lot to learn
"И да знаеш, Милке, че последният комунист на планетата ще умре в България. Даже когато в Съветска Русия няма да има нито един жив комунист. Какъв народ сме, Милке, какъв народ..." - Димитър Талев, "На завой"
KRUM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #115
zzibit

Likes (Received): 318

just wait until I post my pics 2 months from now with all the current constructions and updates going on in the city. best photo update
@ Cyberflow: Strashni snimki pich, mersi mnogo! Vse edno se razhojdah v Kanzas, vsichko mi beshe poznato. Zonata okolo Zelenia most izglejda korenno razlichna ot predi 2 godini kogato posledno biah tam. A tozi blok do mosta po putia kam grobnicata zashto sa go preboiadisali i precakali taka gadno? Beshe si edin hubav svetlo zelen osvejiavasht cviat! Osven mall-a, neshto novo ima li v Iztochnoto che tam vse ni obrushtat grub, a e nai-golemia kvartal v grada? Imashe niakakvi sluhove za novi sgradi nad Chudomir (Lankov) kudeto ima neizpolzvana zemia ot Bog znae koga. Takova hubavo centralno miasto i ne moga da razbera zashto nikoi ne go kupi i zastroi. Shte napravia edna hubava obshirna razhodka, osobeno okolo Rozariuma i shte sravnim kakvi promeni ima za 2 meseca. btw ti shte budesh li v grada za Praznika na Rozata? Ot dosta godini vse go izpuskam no tova liato sam tam
Kato cialo grada si ni e mnogo hubav ama triabva da se nalivat postoiano kinti inache shte si ostane samo krasotata mu bez hora!

Last edited by zzibit; May 6th, 2008 at 02:54 AM.
zzibit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:54 AM   #116
new bulgaria

Likes (Received): 51

Cyberflow great pics!!! Where were you in the States? Did you study here?
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #117
MystN

Likes (Received): 2

I love it! Kazanlak is a very cute town!
MystN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #118
zzibit

Likes (Received): 318

Municipality became the first one to upload its daily city hall meeting online in the country.

Казанлък с първи виртуален градски парламент

Първото електронно заседание на градски парламент в България ще се състои днес в Казанлък. Очаква се в 11.00 часа официалното стартиране на проекта за безхартийни заседания да бъде дадено от министъра на държавната администрация и административната реформа Николай Василев. В Интернет вчера беше публикуван електронният дневен ред на 68-то заседание на Общинския съвет на Казанлък. В мрежата бе активирана и първата електронна покана за заседанието. Инициативата за електронен общински съвет е на председателя на ОбС Васил Самарски, а идеята се осъществява благодарение на проект, спечелен пред МДААР.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plans for a new church in the eastern dictrict of the city.

В квартал "Изток" ще строят православен храм?

Нов православен храм ще се изгражда в квартал "изток".
Идеята за това отлежава повече от 4 години поради куп препятствия, свързани с пари и отреждане на терен. Двама казанлъшки свещеници - отец Цанко Бошнаков и Петър Мотев преди толкова време първи лансираха желанието на православната общонст в квартала за нова черква. Нейното име ще е "Света Петка".
На идеята бе вдъхнат нов живот в началото на април, след решение на местния парламент.
Съветниците стигнаха до единодушното съгласие, че възлагат на кмета на общината Стефан Дамянов, след приемане на отчета на бюджета за първото полугодие на 2008 г., при преизпълнението на собствените приходи, да внесе в Общинския съвет предложение за включване в Поименния списък за финансирането на капиталовите разходи на построяването на църква "Света Петка" , като средствата за това са от собствените бюджетни средства.
Вече е проведен разговор между Старозагорския владика Галактион и кмета на Казанлък Стефан Дамянов, на който е постигната договореност бъдещият храм да се построи върху терен с отстъпено право на строеж.
Предстои на едно от следващите заседания на местния общински съвет този въпрос отново да бъде дискутиран.
Ако няма пречки след година – две в района на квартал “Изток” може и да се издига поредният, пети православен храм в Казанлък и трети на името на света Петка.
Освен бъдещият, манастир и черква със същото име има в селата Енина и Черганово.
Местата и имената им не са случайни.
Всички православни храмове, параклиси и манастири на името на светицата в България са издигнати на места, откъдето е минавал керванът с нейните мощи. Счита се, че там където са нощували мощите на светицата ,районът носи целебна и божествена сила.
zzibit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #119
Anto.

Likes (Received): 3

I like the nice, but rundown houses in bulgaria they give a pleasant old ambience.
Anto. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #120
Cyberflow
Gaijin

A pair of white doves on top of a jewish house... Now what would be the odds of that

Tags
gallery, thrace_photo