daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iraq

Iraq Come knocking at the gates of Babylon

Old March 11th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

Likes (Received): 1550

IRAQ Forum Administration and Moderation

Hi Everyone

This is the official thread for the admin and moderation of the Iraq forum.

If you have any suggestions, complaints, or just simply you like to share your thoughts, please post it in this thread. Do not post in project threads this is to keep them relevant and to the point.

Posts that are related to the administration and moderation of this forum that were posted elsewhere will be moved here over the coming days.

Cheers

"You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one." - John Lennon (Imagine)

Last edited by BigDreamer; April 18th, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
BigDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #2
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising

Likes (Received): 3138

you know with projects like these, I feel they are better off in a single thread called "roads" ?

Last edited by BigDreamer; April 18th, 2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: this post was moved from this thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1362121
sheytanElKebir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #3
IraqSpirit

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheytanElKebir View Post
you know with projects like these, I feel they are better off in a single thread called "roads" ?
But its a 16 months project. isnt it big enough?
IraqSpirit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #4
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising

Don't get me wrong. It's a big project. But I think the forum is becoming difficult to navigate now. W should either have a sub forum with "transport infrastructure" or maybe lump all the road projects into a single thread? I am saying that because im finding it increasingly difficult to find stuff now on the forum!
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #5
IraqSpirit

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. It's a big project. But I think the forum is becoming difficult to navigate now. W should either have a sub forum with "transport infrastructure" or maybe lump all the road projects into a single thread? I am saying that because im finding it increasingly difficult to find stuff now on the forum!
I agree but I think it is best to have a sub forum for different projects than combining multiple projects in a single thread. This will significantly reduce the number of topics in the Iraq section

If opening sub forums is not possible I suggest we create a table of content thread to categorise and index all projects
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #6
wasta

Likes (Received): 1281

i think we should have different threads for regions, example "Kurdistan", "Western Iraq", "Baghdad" and "South"
wasta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #7
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasta View Post
i think we should have different threads for regions, example "Kurdistan", "Western Iraq", "Baghdad" and "South"
no. threads should be by TOPIC, if i want to read about "roads" there's a place i can find, if i want to find malls and hotels, there's a subforum for that etc...
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #8
IraqSpirit

Quote:
no. threads should be by TOPIC, if i want to read about "roads" there's a place i can find, if i want to find malls and hotels, there's a subforum for that etc...
I second that
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #9
elusive

Likes (Received): 194

Quote:
i agree

-
<< VISIT BAGHDAD, ARAB CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2013 >>

-
elusive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #10
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

hey guys,

restructuring the forum is no easy task, and mods don't have the privileges to create subforums only admins can (otherwise I would've already did these things for you guys without any problems !)

at the present time, admins will not agree to this. since we are no different to other forums that are using this current template.

if you are refering to the Iran forum, the reason why they have what they have today is because they were one of the first forums to be added in the Mideast section, and back then, there wasn't so much of a standard 'structure' to follow compared to now. They still struggled to get what they wanted, for example, it took them 2 YEARS to get a "chit chat section" like baghdad cafe

I actually prefer sheytan's suggestion as well, compared to organizing by location. the reason for this is that you can click the header for "thread name" and it will sort all of the threads by location in alphabatical order, (this is the reason why we put the location of a project first followed by other details). which makes browsing by city location easier because of this feature.
Old April 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #11
baghdad_sara

Likes (Received): 36

Great idea BigDreamer, we need more organisation in this forum, all the threads are getting ruined by silly arguments

For everyone with a problem, vent here!
Old April 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #12
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

exactly right !
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #13
Kamaran
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

there is a possiblity that other mods will create a sub-forum for KRG , this way all the projects will be moved there unfortunately . kurdish members here are just almost now as much as your members , we have projects related to our (Erbil) governemnt so we have a right to have our sub forum.
Kamaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #14
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

yes
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #15
Kamaran
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

from what alan kurdi told me he said the mod on this section told him to wait and he waited for a long time and eventually got sick of it , i hope the admin will go ahead and give us the sub-forum the kurd members want they are

kamaran (me)
worldwar2boy (you)
hawraman
partya rast
kurd123
alankurdi(banned)
kurdistani
diako
kurd mede
Kamaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #16
IraqSpirit

If that happenes then the admins of skyscarppercity.com should expect more requests to create subforums for cities! you can not create a subforum for a state/city and ignore the rest. If such thing must happen then logically it should be subject-based to keep things under control.
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #17
Yousifovic

Likes (Received): 45

thats not happening lol ..
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1362971
Yousifovic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 04:22 AM   #18
dude01

Likes (Received): 85

Why don't we block Kamaran also ? he's been spamming all over the threads..please block him. It's enough.
dude01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #19
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

yes, i got lots of complaints about him.. so i sent him one last warning. if he decides to continue with trolling and harassing formers. I will give him a ban.
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #20
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraqSpirit View Post
If that happenes then the admins of skyscarppercity.com should expect more requests to create subforums for cities! you can not create a subforum for a state/city and ignore the rest. If such thing must happen then logically it should be subject-based to keep things under control.
correct.

they don't "handout" forums to every troll who decides to spam admins with demands (as was the case here).

There is a system in place for creating new subforums for better orgnisation of this website.

In the case of the Iraq subforum (as I said many times before), we will consider how this forum will be structured when it reaches a much larger size. We will discuss it when that time comes, and everyone will get to share their opinion here. But the decision is ultimately at the hands of the admins, Mods (such as myself) can only make recommendations to them, and it's up to them to either approve or decline our suggestions.

For now, the structure that we have is sufficient, and does the job well. and it will be the case for a while to come.