search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Hyderabad

Hyderabad Project news from Hyderabad and Secunderabad



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 7th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #1541
Ron7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 77

Why is everyone going only for 4 or 5 screens in Hyderabad? When will we see 12 or 15 screen multiplexes? Even city like Pune which is small compared to Hyderabad has got 15 screen multiplex.

Hyderabad people are the craziest movie buffs in the entire country and we deserve to see bigger malls and multiplexes.
Ron7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2017, 08:52 AM   #1542
gautham naidu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7 View Post
Why is everyone going only for 4 or 5 screens in Hyderabad? When will we see 12 or 15 screen multiplexes? Even city like Pune which is small compared to Hyderabad has got 15 screen multiplex.

Hyderabad people are the craziest movie buffs in the entire country and we deserve to see bigger malls and multiplexes.
dont worry a 12 screen at patny and 10 screen at suchithra coming up
gautham naidu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 11:15 AM   #1543
Anirudh1998
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautham naidu View Post
dont worry a 12 screen at patny and 10 screen at suchithra coming up


And 8 screen multiplexes at l&t panjagutta, city capital mall and gsm mall Chandanagar. And all of them are topped out.
Anirudh1998 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 08:14 PM   #1544
carzzz12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lovely Hyderabad :)
Posts: 689
Likes (Received): 297

What will someone do with more screens.... when SRK's Harry met Sejal is a super flop. We need Baahubali like movies every month. Then only 10-15 screen multiplexes will be feasible. Otherwise 5 years from now, all people will do is - Watch NetFlix at home
carzzz12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 09:46 PM   #1545
sandeeprai99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,631
Likes (Received): 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzzz12 View Post
What will someone do with more screens.... when SRK's Harry met Sejal is a super flop. We need Baahubali like movies every month. Then only 10-15 screen multiplexes will be feasible. Otherwise 5 years from now, all people will do is - Watch NetFlix at home
So true. .
sandeeprai99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 02:10 AM   #1546
Ron7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzzz12 View Post
What will someone do with more screens.... when SRK's Harry met Sejal is a super flop. We need Baahubali like movies every month. Then only 10-15 screen multiplexes will be feasible. Otherwise 5 years from now, all people will do is - Watch NetFlix at home
The advantage of being in South India especially in places like Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai is there is a big demand for regional movies. If Bollywood movies don't work, multiplex operators have the option to fall back on regional movies, increase it shows and vice versa. And most of the times, particularly in holiday weekend, a big budget Bollywood movie releases with big regional movie and screens are often divided equally here unlike in North where Bollywood movie alone occupies the majority of screens. That's the reason multiplexes generally have more footfalls in the South when compared to North. Hence, having 10-15 screen multiplexes in South makes sense.
Ron7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #1547
mdhar.v12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chennai/Berlin
Posts: 167
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7 View Post
The advantage of being in South India especially in places like Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai is there is a big demand for regional movies. If Bollywood movies don't work, multiplex operators have the option to fall back on regional movies, increase it shows and vice versa. And most of the times, particularly in holiday weekend, a big budget Bollywood movie releases with big regional movie and screens are often divided equally here unlike in North where Bollywood movie alone occupies the majority of screens. That's the reason multiplexes generally have more footfalls in the South when compared to North. Hence, having 10-15 screen multiplexes in South makes sense.
I would rather say it in a opposite way if regional films don't work then only multiplex operators fall back to bollywood movies.Here in south india there are not so many people who would like to watch bollywood movies as in north india and multiplex operators in south india don't relay on bollywood movies for generating money.They build multiplex keeping regional cinema in mind and tollywood here is quite big money spinner.
mdhar.v12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #1548
gautham naidu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 4

hyderabad is the only city in india which shows maximum occupancy in both multiplexes and single screens if u want proof just check book my show website almost all the shows for any movie will be housefull and after hyderabad chennai will be second best
gautham naidu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:05 PM   #1549
Fouz
Kid at heart
 
Fouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,765
Likes (Received): 1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautham naidu View Post
hyderabad is the only city in india which shows maximum occupancy in both multiplexes and single screens if u want proof just check book my show website almost all the shows for any movie will be housefull and after hyderabad chennai will be second best
Possibly because of low ticket prices.
Fouz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 05:45 PM   #1550
heven_blr
Hevenly world
 
heven_blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 569
Likes (Received): 354

Guyz...All the Hyderabad Megaplex projects had bad history..

According to the retailing survey only the Mini Multiplex malls will be added up in the Hyderabad

All the Megaplex Shopping mall projects had the bad experience like below due to the unstable environment or lack of high investors in Hyderabad. Major VC Blackstone still not acquired any retail space Hyderabad.

1) Lanco Hills Mall is shelved..
2) Lotus Mall is on Hold
3) Madhucon Mega mall went on hold

Other Malls Like
4) Capital city Mall took 8 years still on..
5) TNR north city Mall takes another 1 Year minimum overall 5 Years

Like above many malls are on hold or shelved...

By 2019 for Hyderabad it is possible add some more retail space with the decent multiplex screens.


In South India ..Inspite movie craze is not much in Bangalore , it has still added up to 250 multiplex screens in the last 5 Years with the addition of many megaplexes.. The primary reason is due to the multiple language movie releases and abrupt change of cosmo population..It has the added value of High level investors and VC.


Guyz..wait until 2019 in Hyderabad for the decent multiplexes...Megaplexes are nightmare here...even until 2025.
heven_blr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #1551
carzzz12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lovely Hyderabad :)
Posts: 689
Likes (Received): 297

When is Universal Studios - Hyderabad is opening ?
Also, I heard Ramoji Film City received 500 Crores FDI to open an amusement park. Any confirmations on this.
carzzz12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:24 AM   #1552
mdhar.v12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chennai/Berlin
Posts: 167
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzzz12 View Post
When is Universal Studios - Hyderabad is opening ?
Also, I heard Ramoji Film City received 500 Crores FDI to open an amusement park. Any confirmations on this.
Universal Studios in Hyderabad?? I haven't found any news article that confirm this.I may be wrong,But seriously why would universal studio come to hyderabad?
mdhar.v12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:11 AM   #1553
Achu02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 89
Likes (Received): 46

If Megaplex projects in Hyderabad has a bad history, then our dream of having an IMAX, 4DX, Directorís Cut, Insignia, and VIP will just end up being a dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heven_blr View Post
Guyz...All the Hyderabad Megaplex projects had bad history..

According to the retailing survey only the Mini Multiplex malls will be added up in the Hyderabad

All the Megaplex Shopping mall projects had the bad experience like below due to the unstable environment or lack of high investors in Hyderabad. Major VC Blackstone still not acquired any retail space Hyderabad.

1) Lanco Hills Mall is shelved..
2) Lotus Mall is on Hold
3) Madhucon Mega mall went on hold

Other Malls Like
4) Capital city Mall took 8 years still on..
5) TNR north city Mall takes another 1 Year minimum overall 5 Years

Like above many malls are on hold or shelved...

By 2019 for Hyderabad it is possible add some more retail space with the decent multiplex screens.


In South India ..Inspite movie craze is not much in Bangalore , it has still added up to 250 multiplex screens in the last 5 Years with the addition of many megaplexes.. The primary reason is due to the multiple language movie releases and abrupt change of cosmo population..It has the added value of High level investors and VC.


Guyz..wait until 2019 in Hyderabad for the decent multiplexes...Megaplexes are nightmare here...even until 2025.
To have a viable business for a multiplex chain in offering various formats (IMAX, 4DX, LSF), sound (ATMOS & Auro 11.1), projections (4K, Dual, Laser), leisure services (Directorís Cut, Insignia, and VIP) we should have a Megaplex in place. Running or having 3 to 5 screen will not serve the purpose. In fact none of our Multiplexes in Hyderabad are equipped with 4K and if Iím not wrong only PVRís RK complex and one of the Asian Multiplex properties in Kukatpally has installed Dolby Atmos. Though some of the single screen do have 4K with Dolby Atmos. Our city doesnít even have a single VIP or Gold class screen, whereas tier 2 city like Kochi has a Megaplex and 3 VIP screens. The only good news we have is that SPI is opening two of their properties in Hyderabad. We can expect a 4K with Dolby Atmos for sure from SPI. But still no IMAX, hope Prasads will upgrade, but when is still a question mark. Hope TNR Mall and City capital Mall opens as early as possible as they have confirmed an IMAX and dedicated leisure screens in their respective websites.

Iím also wondering if INOX in GSM mall Chandanagar will have their signature Insignia screens, they have 8 screens available there. And also no news about the upcoming 4DX in one of the PVRís property.
Achu02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:02 PM   #1554
Ron7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzzz12 View Post
When is Universal Studios - Hyderabad is opening ?
Not sure about Universal Studios but there were reports of Disneyland opening in Hyderabad.

Link: http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/in...neyland/214269
Ron7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:04 PM   #1555
Ron7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzzz12 View Post
Also, I heard Ramoji Film City received 500 Crores FDI to open an amusement park. Any confirmations on this.
Detailed Plans for Future Expansion up to 2021 for Ramoji Film City

Jalnapurkar and his team have a detailed strategic plan for future expansion. These start with a summer gala event for 2017. Later in the year, improvements will be carried out, including a new main gate and parking, a new entrance plaza, and enhancements to the studio tours.

For 2018, plans are in the pipeline for enhancements to the existing Movie Magic and Fundustan attractions. In addition, the Wild West Coaster and a new Movie Magic attraction will be added. A Night-time Spectacular is also planned for the winter period.

After that, 2019 will see the addition of a water park, set to open in the summer. The parking at the Eco Park Aquarium is expecting extension work over the winter.

The Eco Park Resort Hotel and Conference Centre will open in 2020, as will the Adventure Attraction Zone. There will then be an expansion to the Adventure Zone over the winter months.

A further Resort Hotel is planned for summer 2021. A new Movie FX Park will also be expanded over the winter.
Ron7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:50 PM   #1556
vijayninel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu02 View Post
To have a viable business for a multiplex chain.......
Multiplexes alone cant make Malls profitable no matter what technology they use. Malls need high rent paying retailers to be profitable. High rent paying retailers need high spending customers with lot of disposable income. There are not many high spending customers in Hyderabad or the whole of India which is why most retailers and by extension most malls in India are in losses.

Until the consumer problem is fixed 4k/10k/VVIP screens etc wont make any difference.
vijayninel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:35 PM   #1557
carzzz12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lovely Hyderabad :)
Posts: 689
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu02 View Post

I’m also wondering if INOX in GSM mall Chandanagar will have their signature Insignia screens, they have 8 screens available there. And also no news about the upcoming 4DX in one of the PVR’s property.
IN Chandanagar there wont be Insignia. IT will be more like Asian Cinema like atmosphere (mid level).... Clientele there is very price centric. Though they have HUGE bank balance. But wont spend. Just like me.

Before you think more, my bank balance is just 4 figure..
carzzz12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2017, 03:34 AM   #1558
Achu02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 89
Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Multiplexes alone cant make Malls profitable no matter what technology they use. Malls need high rent paying retailers to be profitable. High rent paying retailers need high spending customers with lot of disposable income. There are not many high spending customers in Hyderabad or the whole of India which is why most retailers and by extension most malls in India are in losses.

Until the consumer problem is fixed 4k/10k/VVIP screens etc wont make any difference.
Though I hate to say it, but I have to support your point that Multiplexes alone cant make Malls profitable.
Achu02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 06:04 PM   #1559
ranga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,402
Likes (Received): 857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7 View Post
The advantage of being in South India especially in places like Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai is there is a big demand for regional movies. If Bollywood movies don't work, multiplex operators have the option to fall back on regional movies, increase it shows and vice versa. And most of the times, particularly in holiday weekend, a big budget Bollywood movie releases with big regional movie and screens are often divided equally here unlike in North where Bollywood movie alone occupies the majority of screens. That's the reason multiplexes generally have more footfalls in the South when compared to North. Hence, having 10-15 screen multiplexes in South makes sense.
South Indian regional language movies are also getting stale.same boring stuff revolving on love with silly side shows are repeated ad nauseam.This may not last long.
ranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 08:50 PM   #1560
srireddy30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 124
Likes (Received): 216

Finally East zone hyderabad getting malls with multiplex

4 Mall cum multiplex (min 4 screens to max 6 screens) are coming in East zone of hyderabad which will be start opening next year mar to dec. hope nothing stops them in middle

on going projects

1) L & T Mall at moosarambagh ( 4 acres of land )
2) Sbr mall at kothapet
3) trishala mall at lb nagar junction beside police station
4) tnr mall in bwt kamineni hospital and alkapuri junction
5) dsl mall at uppal

proposed malls
1) TNR Preston Mall @ Karmanghat (basement is u/c) 11 screens
2) mall at vanasthalipuram
srireddy30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
capital, city, hyderabad, mall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu