search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Gujarat > Surat

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 16th, 2017, 12:52 PM   #1041
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

Likes (Received): 114

Cable Stayed Bridge

[email protected]_jariwala

Last edited by monty.; July 18th, 2017 at 07:13 AM.
monty. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2017, 11:19 AM   #1042
kunal70.mathur

Likes (Received): 539

Future of cable-stayed bridge hangs in balance

SURAT: City's cable-stayed bridge constructed with an estimated cost of Rs 144 crore would be the first project in Gujarat to be delayed by more than four years. After its foundation stone was laid in September 2010, this first proposed cable-stayed bridge of the state was to be dedicated to people in April 2014. But it is still under construction.

It was a pet project of BJP rulers and the party had included it in its civic election manifesto of 2005. However, two more civic elections have gone by and couple of new bridges have been constructed on Tapi river, but the cable-stayed bridge still remains a dream for Surtis.

Sources said that it would take another two years to be complete, but officials insist it would be open for public in January 2018.

"The work by the new contractor is not as per schedule and it is likely to be delayed by another two years," said a source in Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC). However, an official from the bridge department of SMC said, "We are on schedule and bridge would be completed in time by December 2017. It would be dedicated to people by January 2018." "The flyover bridge towards Athwalines, providing connectivity to cable-stayed bridge would be completed in next two months," said an SMC official and added, chances bridge construction being delayed beyond December 2017 was remote as geometry of the bridge has not changed and construction is going on as per schedule."

"Despite some delay, SMC will not lose any money. The new contractor is being paid only for half the work and old contractor has been paid for half the work. We have already blocked some money of old contractor as his contract was terminated mid-way as didn't complete the work in time. He is also black listed," said a top official from SMC .

The contract of the first contractor was terminated because he was not prepared to conduct new load bearing capacity tests of the cables. He wanted continue construction with the old tests data. SMC did not want to go ahead without new load bearing capacity tests, so his contract was terminated. There are 10 cables each on both sides on two pillars and at present only towers and a single cable on both sides is visible.
kunal70.mathur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM   #1043
World8115

They should've planned for 6/8 bridges to reduce severe congestion I think even upcoming Athwa cable bridge and Jillani bridge are also 4-laned only?

Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) Latest construction videos | Youtube | Flickr
World8115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 05:58 PM   #1044
kunal70.mathur

From the pics posted in the previous pages Jilani Bridge seems to be 4 lane only but Sardar Bridge is being widened for 6 lanes as posted previously. But this bridge specifically is a major hurdle that needs to be overcome asap as it connect major part of the city to another. sardar bridge won't be able to cater that even after widening as much as the cable bridge could. But i suppose it's all deaf ears to the govt.agencies looking out for this project!
Old April 24th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #1045
udit11

Likes (Received): 113

Speed has increased alot since past 2 weeks on cable stayed bridge, i'll post some latest site pictures today.
udit11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2017, 07:07 AM   #1046
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

New bridge progress (current status)
[/URL]

CC-Shyam Agarwal

kunal70.mathur, shivanand. liked this post

Last edited by monty.; July 18th, 2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old May 9th, 2017, 07:07 AM   #1047
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

Cable Stayed Bridge Work Progress

cc-Divya Bhaskar

Last edited by monty.; July 18th, 2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old May 10th, 2017, 04:46 PM   #1048
kunal70.mathur

shivanand. liked this post
Old May 21st, 2017, 07:19 PM   #1049
kunal70.mathur

8.5km road in works over Koyli bridge

SURAT: An 8.5km long road over Koyli creek from Varachha to Udhna will be constructed by Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC). This RCC road will shorten the distance from Kamrej to Udhna by 3.5km. The project is being undertaken with financial assistance from Gujarat government and central government.

About 6km of the road will have a width of 60 foot and the remaining portion towards Udhna would be 80 foot wide. This project will take four years to complete because encroachments need to be removed from both sides of Koyli creek. SMC is also undertaking beautification project on both sides of Koyli bridge.

An officer of SMC said, "We will begin work on land where there is no encroachment. As space gets vacant, that will be brought under the project."

The project essentially seeks to cover the whole stretch of Koyli creek by reinforced cement concrete road. People will also stop throwing garbage into the creek which will increase its carrying capacity. At present, the carrying capacity of the creek is 79 cusecs and it will increase to 94 cusecs when the first stretch of 5.5km road is built. This will solve flooding of the creek during monsoon season.

The project will cost Rs449 crore. The 5.5km portion of the road is covered under Surat smart city project. The finance for the project will be given to SMC under the Smart Cities Mission by the central government and under Swarnim Gujarat by the state government.
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #1050
kunal70.mathur

shivanand. liked this post
Old July 9th, 2017, 06:37 PM   #1051
udit11

Likes (Received): 113

Hi guys, so i just made this 3d model of cable stayed bridge and recreated the whole look of how it will look , once it gets completed. As the view of incomplete cable stayed bridge became an eyesore for the people of Surat , so i visualized and illustrated it. Hope you guys like it.The 3d model was made in Zbrush and compositing was done in Photoshop.

This picture was taken about a month ago.

I edited out the currently built part of the bridge first in Photoshop.

This is the final image which i made using my Zbrush 3d model and Photoshop.

These are just some Zbrush views of the 3d model.

kunal70.mathur, monty., C-DAC liked this post
udit11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #1052
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

Clicked By Fenil Thakkar

Last edited by monty.; July 11th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old July 11th, 2017, 01:49 PM   #1053
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

Clicked By Fenil Thakkar
Old August 1st, 2017, 06:35 PM   #1054
Cube.Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 301

kunal70.mathur, shivanand. liked this post
Cube.Infrastructure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #1055
kunal70.mathur

Diversion on Athwalines road to be lifted by August 15

SURAT: Nearly three years after a span of an under construction bridge near Athwalines had collapsed, the diversion given to the traffic on main Athwalines road would be removed by August 15, 2017. This diversion after police commissioner's office was causing a lot of traffic chaos on the busy main road.

The construction work for Athwalines Flyover Bridge connecting to upcoming Cable stayed bridge between Pal and Athwalines had begun in 2013. However, a span of the bridge had collapsed June 2014. This had resulted in death of nine laborers working at the site.

The work for the construction of the bridge was stopped and work was restarted in 2017. Since last seven months a diversion was given to the traffic to rejoin Athwalines road at Parle point via Indoor stadium.
Latest Comment

Large number of people suffered heavy traffic jams due to this diversion. This athwalines flyover bridge built at the cost of Rs 29 crore , will also be opened for traffic along with cable stayed bridge on March 2018 . Both the bridges are likely to be completed by then.

"Once the diversion is lifted people would have a straight access to Athwalines road from Parle point to Athwagate and traffic chaos would cease to exist." Said an official from Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC).
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #1056
kunal70.mathur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube.Infrastructure View Post
what is the tentative date for opening of this bridge? Seems to be completed only Light fitting seems to be remaining for which tender has already been approved!
Old August 13th, 2017, 10:24 AM   #1057
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

Connecting Adajan-Ved Road

[email protected]

CC-Abdul Shaikh

Last edited by monty.; August 13th, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old August 13th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #1058
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

Athwalines Fly Over Bridge for Cable_Stayed_Bridge

Clicked by FenilThakkar (yes icc)
Old August 13th, 2017, 04:02 PM   #1059
Cube.Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 301

So good to see both of this bridges nearing completion...
Cube.Infrastructure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2017, 06:24 AM   #1060
monty.
I LOVE SURAT

Cable Stayed Bridge Update

Clicked by FenilThakkar (yes icc)

kunal70.mathur liked this post