SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar Cityscapes

835K views 3K replies 186 participants last post by  gsouza 
#1 ·
An IIT report on earthquakestated Ahmedabad alone has about 25,000 five-storey. buildings and about 1,500 eleven-storey buildings ...I don't know if there is an extra zero but it can be true. Now that's a lot of eleven storey buildings.

Sampatti

Suryarath

Saffron

Sarjan

Samrajya

Shatrunjay

Spring Valley

Samudra

Samudra Annexe

Samedh

Shitratna

Shiromani I & II

Shilalekh

Shantanu

See less See more
#106 ·
Guys, I went to Ahmedabad last year. There were so many shops and multiplexes with glassy buildings! On Satellite Road, I think its called, there were just way too many shops and nice looking glass buildings. The roads have improved as well. Getting around got better but there still are the usual problems with pedestrians and train crossingss. If Ahemdabad can focus on maintaining a cleaner city and an efficient transportation system (I heard there are plans for a metro in Ahemdabad) it has the potential to grow into one of India's top metropolis, in my opinion.

#107 ·
2020vision said:
Guys, I went to Ahmedabad last year. There were so many shops and multiplexes with glassy buildings! On Satellite Road, I think its called, there were just way too many shops and nice looking glass buildings. The roads have improved as well. Getting around got better but there still are the usual problems with pedestrians and train crossingss. If Ahemdabad can focus on maintaining a cleaner city and an efficient transportation system (I heard there are plans for a metro in Ahemdabad) it has the potential to grow into one of India's top metropolis, in my opinion.

Did you take any photos?

:)

Ahmedabad is one of the largest and most important cities in India, yet pictures of newer developments and areas of the city are hard to come by.

And then there is Gandhinagar. Would love to see how Gandhinagar looks like.

#108 ·
Suncity said:
Did you take any photos?

:)

Ahmedabad is one of the largest and most important cities in India, yet pictures of newer developments and areas of the city are hard to come by.

And then there is Gandhinagar. Would love to see how Gandhinagar looks like.
Yes... we badly lack photos of Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar. I'm very surprised why Nagpur is not featured on front pages. Someone must salvage the Nagpur thread. Sun, lead us to light...

#109 ·
i didn't take any photos, mostly shot videos. I will see if I can upload some photos from the videos I took in a few days.

#113 · (Edited)
More pics...

This is the Iskon temple...

Inside of mall...

Ahemdabad has the most multiplexes in India, here are some pics...

The Wide Angle multiplex...

RWorld multiplex...

A mall under construction...

will see if I can find more...

#120 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't have skyscraper pictures (the city is earthquake prone), but these are from a group protesting the commercialization of public space at the National Institute of Design, near Ahmedabad.

Sattelite Road

Vijay Cross

Premchandnagar and CG Road

Ahmedabad is progressing really fast, Gujarat has really high state gdp growth rates (over 10% for the past 10 years, 15.8% last year). Other cities in the state are also doing well, Gandhinager is a lot greener and cleaner than Ahmedabad. Surat and Baroda are richer (per capita), but I can't find good new pics of those cities.

Heres a crummy photo (public domain, from wikipedia) of the textile district in Surat

#121 ·
Wow!! Good to see such good pictures of the city where I spent almost a third of my life! Amdavad and Surat should really capitalise on the textiles boom. They already have such great facilites. The one bad thing abt Amdavad is the pollution, compared to Baroda, its extremely horrible. The "Vijay Char Rasta" and CG Road are like sorta "downtown" of the city, pretty nice stores, but sorta expensive. Ah! I miss Amdavad :(.

I don't have skyscraper pictures (the city is earthquake prone),
There are tons of 11-12 storied buildings in the city tho, but nothing real tall
except the revolving restaurent, which I think has been closed for a while(like 10 years).

PS: Never ever ever have food at US pizza, too friggin expensive.