daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Never Built

Never Built Projects once planned for construction but never built.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 287

#NEVER BUILT: DUBAI MARINA HOSPITAL BY EMAAR

#PROJECT: DUBAI MARINA HOSPITAL BY EMAAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: next to the Marina Mall ( between the mall and the Radisson )
Developer: Emaar

its going to be a hospital or clinic,not sure the name , I think we will see soon.
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 30th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #2
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 287

#PROJECT: DUBAI MARINA HOSPITAL BY EMAAR

29/Aug/2008

Dubai Marina Hospital by Emaar

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #3
FWIW

Likes (Received): 3

Great news! Probably will have the best views for any hospital in the world - the views may even help you get better quicker!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Last edited by FWIW; August 30th, 2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: grammar
FWIW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #4
999bbb

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
Great news! Probably will have the best views for any hospital in the world - the views may even help you get better quicker!
If CARLSBERG buiit hospitals ...........
999bbb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #5
GoDubai!
Keep on building!

Likes (Received): 86

It's quite overzealous the way Dubai's government developers feel they can develop everything. Emaar started with villas, then a canal and towers, next shopping malls, hotels, educational institutions (which they announced some time ago/don't know if they exist yet), now a hospital. And there's no modesty about it--there's no let's start small and learn. It's from day one, we've got the best, most luxurious, grandest, etc. I really don't think this is how genuine establishments get built. There has to be some genuine acumen and not just we'll buy the expertise. Imagine how expensive services in this hospital will be!

A hospital is a much needed addition to the Marina, as well as schools, parks and other community facilities, but I don't think a money grubbing, over-charging property developer is the one that should do it. Dubai gov. needs to stop handing everything over to the developers and develop more from a civic perspective rather than a profit making one. RTA is a good example of the city taking care of its civic needs. Just think if Emaar were to start building the highways and interchanges. Salik-style fees would be looked at as baby-steps. They would slap 25 dhs/sq ft road fees on every property owner in the area.
Old August 30th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #6
diveksa

diveksa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #7
diveksa

I think we need a school in Dubai Marina!
diveksa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #8
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3742

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDubai! View Post
It's quite overzealous the way Dubai's government developers feel they can develop everything. Emaar started with villas, then a canal and towers, next shopping malls, hotels, educational institutions (which they announced some time ago/don't know if they exist yet), now a hospital. And there's no modesty about it--there's no let's start small and learn. It's from day one, we've got the best, most luxurious, grandest, etc. I really don't think this is how genuine establishments get built. There has to be some genuine acumen and not just we'll buy the expertise. Imagine how expensive services in this hospital will be!

A hospital is a much needed addition to the Marina, as well as schools, parks and other community facilities, but I don't think a money grubbing, over-charging property developer is the one that should do it. Dubai gov. needs to stop handing everything over to the developers and develop more from a civic perspective rather than a profit making one. RTA is a good example of the city taking care of its civic needs. Just think if Emaar were to start building the highways and interchanges. Salik-style fees would be looked at as baby-steps. They would slap 25 dhs/sq ft road fees on every property owner in the area.
Why should the Goverment (directly) spend money on building hospitals or schools in areas where they gave developers land for free, which they sold big part of it to third parties for big chunk of moneys ...
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 12:02 AM   #9
FWIW

Isn't Emaar really just an arm of the government?
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:07 AM   #10
AltinD
The Modecator

It's partly owned by the Goverment, the rest is traded publicly. Anyway I did said "directly", didn't I.
I can cheat you blind.

Old August 31st, 2008, 02:16 AM   #11
FWIW

Yes you did, but in brackets! Anyway, as a master developers who created the canal in the first place, why shouldn't they create a hospital? If big Mo or even alabar wants the people to have a hospital near by then so what? It is good, so it will be done.
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:19 AM   #12
FWIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999bbb View Post
If CARLSBERG buiit hospitals ...........
Old August 31st, 2008, 12:31 PM   #13
Naz UK
Back in Blighty

Location: Roswell, Area 51, Classified, United States of Americanisms.

I'd like to buy a hospital room. Not an entire ward, maybe a couple of bed spaces. What's the psf rate? Anyone have any idea on the profit share annual percentage? And how many weeks free bed use would I get per year? With Dubai's track record, do you think a burns unit would be a better investment than say, genital warts treatment?

Last edited by Naz UK; August 31st, 2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Oh, I'm sorry. I got confused. I thought everything Emaar did was about making money.
Naz UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:31 PM   #14
AltinD
The Modecator

Do you own shares on Boots?
I can cheat you blind.

Old August 31st, 2008, 10:04 PM   #15
Tightness

Naz UK: Well, the rooms need to have full marina view then!
Tightness no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:21 PM   #16
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 70

@ Naz!
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:48 PM   #17
rgarrison

Likes (Received): 7

maybe ill injure myself in Dubai just to get sent there.
rgarrison no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:09 PM   #18
FWIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarrison View Post
maybe ill injure myself in Dubai just to get sent there.
Make sure you're on a high up floor! I'll bring you some grapes and my camera! Need to get some shots for here!
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:56 AM   #19
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 10

For more info ...

http://www.emaarhealthcare.com/

P.S 1st render coming soon .
Old September 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #20
Yousuf27

Likes (Received): 1

The venue demands a posh private hospital not a free government provided healthcare facility. There is a place for that of course - but not here. This facility should be well matched to the people who live here who one presumes will be largely non-nationals with private medical insurance and who will not be surprised to asked to pay for the treatment they receive. I doubt that it will be any more expensive than private healthcare in NW Europe. It may well be cheaper and better.
Yousuf27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote