daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Cambodia forum > Cambodia > Infrastructure & Tourism

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #1
LostInTheSimCity

Likes (Received): 24

Phnom Penh | Chroy Changvar Bridge 2 | Tonle Sap River Bridge | Cambodia-China friendship bridge | 719m | NH6A | U/C

Name: 2nd Chroy Changvar Bridge
Lenght: 719m
Construction starts: late 2011
Completion date: end of 2014
Construction costs: USD$28 million

WilliamsP liked this post
LostInTheSimCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 15th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #2
mrfusion
Home Energy Reactor

Likes (Received): 135

Looks like it does not exactly mirror the old one, as the number of pillars is reduced.

One of the basic differences between God and humans is, God gives, gives and forgives, Humans gets, gets and forgets.
mrfusion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Asian

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfusion View Post
Looks like it does not exactly mirror the old one, as the number of pillars is reduced.
I think you don't as many pillars as the old one has with new technology of bridge building nowadays.
Asian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #4
mrfusion
Home Energy Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian View Post
I think you don't as many pillars as the old one has with new technology of bridge building nowadays.
I know, if it doesn't need to mirror, they should have build a suspension bridge.

One of the basic differences between God and humans is, God gives, gives and forgives, Humans gets, gets and forgets.
Old November 16th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #5
AsianDragons
Oz-Asian

Likes (Received): 203

thats way too expensive

Visit the Laos Forum

Visit the Myanmar Forum
AsianDragons no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #6
Asian

Quote:
I know, if it doesn't need to mirror, they should have build a suspension bridge.
I'd think mirroring the old one would be nicer looking. I agree with AsianDragons, it is too expensive, and Cambodia does not have that money.
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #7
mrfusion
Home Energy Reactor

Quote:
I'd think mirroring the old one would be nicer looking.
I think it should mirror the pillars as well.

Quote:
I agree with AsianDragons, it is too expensive, and Cambodia does not have that money.
lol, it was meant to be a joke.

Old November 16th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #8
LostInTheSimCity

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
To be honest, i do not have enough confidence with China new tech . I hope they will not up set us
LostInTheSimCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #9
LuvKhm3r
Asian kid

Likes (Received): 1

The new bride is going to be build by the Chinese right?...what's happened to the Japanese?...no offen, the first one was build by the japanese, then the second one should be build by japanese too....
Old November 16th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #10
mrfusion
Home Energy Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSimCity View Post
To be honest, i do not have enough confidence with China new tech . I hope they will not up set us
Bridge building like this is nothing new...

Old November 16th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #11
varnn
Oblivion

Likes (Received): 0

The Japanese government would not invest in a bridge that serve them no economic or financial purpose in this period of time.
Old November 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #12
mrfusion
Home Energy Reactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvKhm3r View Post
The new bride is going to be build by the Chinese right?...what's happened to the Japanese?...no offen, the first one was build by the japanese, then the second one should be build by japanese too....
Even if it is by Japanese, it will be by different people, different company, different engineer. Japan is in deep financial trouble, if China wants to help us, we should let that happen.

China wasn't in a position to help anyone 20+ years ago, now, they are one of most qualify.

Old November 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #13
Asian

Quote:
Even if it is by Japanese, it will be by different people, different company, different engineer. Japan is in deep financial trouble, if China wants to help us, we should let that happen.

China wasn't in a position to help anyone 20+ years ago, now, they are one of most qualify.
But, Cambodia pays for that, not the Chinese. Not really "help". We should say "help to finance". The money is not free. It is a soft loan. Cambodia has to pay back with small interest later on. After all the Chinese will make profit now (its company gets the contract) and later (when Cambodia pays back the money). Not sure if the bridge would cost at what they say. How much would go under the table to officials.
Old November 16th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #14
Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnn View Post
The Japanese government would not invest in a bridge that serve them no economic or financial purpose in this period of time.
Not only that but Japanese government to see transparent in any financial help (loans) to Cambodia. The Chinese did not care.
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #15
Fulltimer

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
But, Cambodia pays for that, not the Chinese. Not really "help". We should say "help to finance". The money is not free. It is a soft loan. Cambodia has to pay back with small interest later on. After all the Chinese will make profit now (its company gets the contract) and later (when Cambodia pays back the money). Not sure if the bridge would cost at what they say. How much would go under the table to officials.
Why soo much negativity! Nothing is free in this world! You think Japan helps for free lolz???
Fulltimer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #16
Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer View Post
Why soo much negativity! Nothing is free in this world! You think Japan helps for free lolz???
I never think anybody, Japan included, would help anybody for free. My point is just a reminder to Cambodians that they should be careful when it comes to "helps" from other countries.

Why negative? Why not for Cambodians. After all, they are the ones who have to pay back the money, not you and me. If all the borrowed money's put 100% into good use, it is fine. What if only 90%, but Cambodians have to pay back 100%? Think about it.
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #17
mrfusion
Home Energy Reactor

Quote:
whatever is China's secret agenda, the point is it help accelerate growth of Cambodia. As Cambodia move ahead, the relationship between China and Cambodia will increase trade, etc, it benefit both countries.

the construction also brings heaps of local employments, again, benefit Cambodia, it also bring experience to the local, so allow it to manage more major construction later.

I think the benefit will be heaps more then the risk.

Old November 17th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #18
kvaaa

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
I never think anybody, Japan included, would help anybody for free. My point is just a reminder to Cambodians that they should be careful when it comes to "helps" from other countries.

Why negative? Why not for Cambodians. After all, they are the ones who have to pay back the money, not you and me. If all the borrowed money's put 100% into good use, it is fine. What if only 90%, but Cambodians have to pay back 100%? Think about it.

It is a Third World country!! Don't expect perfection!! Take what we can get and run with it!!
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #19
kvaaa

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:

You are a smart person. I wish you are a little more careful with what you say or assume. Not everything involves corruption in Cambodia.
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #20
Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvaaa View Post
You are a smart person. I wish you are a little more careful with what you say or assume. Not everything involves corruption in Cambodia.
Corruption exists everywhere in the world. Nothing is wrong talking about it, but we should have to deal with it everyday to minimize the impact on the whole nation.

saying and assuming are not the same as questioning, which requires answers. If we have nothing to hide, answering the question is a piece of cake. Cambodians should learn to question everything that officials do to keep them honest. If they are, they come out clean talking about it.

What do you mean by saying "more careful with what you say or assume"? What is it wrong with what I asked? I asked. If officials are honest and not corrupted, then comes out and answer - All the money goes to the building of bridge. It is free speech. People can ask and answer.

"Not everything involves corruption in Cambodia" means that you admit there is corruption in Cambodia. Nothing is wrong with that.

Last edited by Asian; November 17th, 2011 at 04:45 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: