daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Jumeirah Lakes Towers

Jumeirah Lakes Towers 79 Towers in a masterplanned community by Nakheel

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 9th, 2014, 05:43 AM   #6721
chefdude

Likes (Received): 35

This sounds like a useful addition to the road network

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...10-08-1.565542

The much anticipated link from Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) to Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed (SMBZ) Road is to open this Friday, October 10th, announced the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).

The road is the latest in a series of road improvements in the popular community, which has been plagued by traffic congestion.

The link, which is named as Qarn Al Sabkha Road, will provide direct access to yet another major highway in the emirate, linking Sheikh Zayed Road at the JLT junction (Interchange 5.5) with SMBZ Road nearby Al Houdh R/A.
chefdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 9th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #6722
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 113

Is anyone actually going to be able to find it given that 75% of the road signs in and around JLT direct traffic to either Mohammed bin Rashid City or the Waterfront thing next to Palm Jebel Ali?
Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #6723
AndyH

Likes (Received): 65

Seems DMCC are starting another round of Community Round Table meetings with the OAs.. Did anyone attend one yet? Mine is next week.
AndyH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #6724
chefdude

Andy

Please bring up the following 2 issues

1. JLT needs 1 or 2 Mail boxes so that we can post letters without needing to go to Marina or Meadows

2. The F40 bus service needs to be brought back to replace the dangerous Valtrans golf buggies driving at high speeds through pedestrian only zones.
Old October 14th, 2014, 12:45 PM   #6725
AndyH

lol Chef, it wasn't actually an open invitation to receive all your complaints. (You have an OA for your own cluster, no? ). and as its likely to be 90% DMCC monologue and 10% (or 12 minutes) OA feedback (shared between 2 towers) I wont have much time after raising my own cluster specific concerns.

I agree on the Bus thing though and will raise it - we have bus stops, why arnt we using them since the road works are done. But I think a Post box is a lost cause .. Realistically, how many would use it, and assuming it would probably be in Almas anyway, its maybe easier to go to Marina Mall.

I wouldn't even know where to buy stamps.. do they exist?

Last edited by AndyH; October 14th, 2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old October 14th, 2014, 05:00 PM   #6726
jsmith6

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
lol Chef, it wasn't actually an open invitation to receive all your complaints. (You have an OA for your own cluster, no? ). and as its likely to be 90% DMCC monologue and 10% (or 12 minutes) OA feedback (shared between 2 towers) I wont have much time after raising my own cluster specific concerns. I agree on the Bus thing though and will raise it - we have bus stops, why arnt we using them since the road works are done. But I think a Post box is a lost cause .. Realistically, how many would use it, and assuming it would probably be in Almas anyway, its maybe easier to go to Marina Mall. I wouldn't even know where to buy stamps.. do they exist?
Seriously, though, Andy, how complicated would even a few post boxes be? Each cluster should have one. Isn't that what the postal service is for?
jsmith6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #6727
chefdude

Putting them at the entrance to both the Metro stations would be sensible and probably one on the outside of Damas Gold Refinery

FYI

You can buy stamps at any post office I think the closest to here is in Al Barsha

You can usually buy stamps at the Hallmark card shops in Marina mall or Ibn Batutta

There you go public service announcement

I was going to request this last week on EMirates Post website but there online form is a piece of crap one of the drop down fields is blank and you can't submit without it

Only in Dubai!!!
Old October 14th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #6728
AndyH

Well I didn't think we had much of a service here to start with outside of couriers, and I have managed 7 years here without needing to send a letter.. don't we all do things online any more? Or is sending letters "retro cool" now?

Not saying its a bad idea, but If they had 30 odd boxes here, someone needs to empty them every day.. for what. 1 or 2 letters in each? The Postal model here is not like we are used to, everything seems to end up in karama and we go collect it there, its a bad model, but you wont change that by adding a couple of post boxes.
Old October 15th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #6729
chefdude

Andy

Your out of touch the service works well anyway stop whinging and just put the proposal forward
Old October 19th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #6730
ahsen_rg

Likes (Received): 9

What are the nearest hospitals around JLT for emergencies ?

Plan on going and checking the routes for them now that i have family here.

The one near ibn e batuta ?
Saudi-German ?
Al zahra ?
ahsen_rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #6731
AndyH

You have a Welcare clinic in Knowledge Village and Ibn battuta.. and you are right about Saudi German and Al Zahra being closest proper hospitals.

I think there are also a couple of clinics in JLT, one is near the Carefour opposite GCV (Aster?) and another in Armada.. never used them though
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #6732
chefdude

We have chosen Al Zahra for the ante natal and delivery of our baby.

Inside the hospital is clean and modern and its really close if we need to make an emergency visit
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #6733
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 113

My little one was delivered in Al Zahra 1 month ago, the whole experience went smoothly. They'd be my go-to hospital in an emergency.

Munwon, firoz bharmal liked this post
Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #6734
chefdude

Congrats Slimbo good to know

This is what we all said would happen with this ridiculous Aqua Fun --- Dead GRASS!!!

They must be forced to pay for the whole area to be rectified from their profits and no wishy washy excuses.

http://http://www.dubaibanquets.com/images/jlt_park.jpg
Old October 20th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #6735
AndyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdude View Post
Andy

Please bring up the following 2 issues

1. JLT needs 1 or 2 Mail boxes so that we can post letters without needing to go to Marina or Meadows
They are discussing some boxes with EMPOST, it looks like it will happen.

Quote:
2. The F40 bus service needs to be brought back to replace the dangerous Valtrans golf buggies driving at high speeds through pedestrian only zones.
Part of ongoing negotiations with RTA, which are quite complex, so while DMCC/Concordia want this, its up to RTA.

Buggies are here to stay sadly, and may be rolled out for other lakes too.

chefdude liked this post
Old October 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #6736
AndyH

Quote:
Congrats Slimbo good to know

This is what we all said would happen with this ridiculous Aqua Fun --- Dead GRASS!!!

They must be forced to pay for the whole area to be rectified from their profits and no wishy washy excuses.

http://http://www.dubaibanquets.com/images/jlt_park.jpg
Apparently people like this *%*$, and while DMCC/Concordia have probably learned some lessons from this first try, I expect they will do it again. Its in the contract with the "fun" provider that they need to make good the grass when they are done. Any income form park events apparently goes into the SC pot rather than being treated as profit. The park costs more to run than anticipated (shocker!), so while the SC will increase, they are trying to offset that some how I guess.
Old October 20th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #6737
chefdude

Thanks for asking the questions Andy and good news about the mail box.

I despair at the levels of complete incompetence here sometimes! Which f*ckwit was in charge of planning the parks, and how can they fail to tie down costs for the first 3 - 5 years it's a complete joke.

Guess it's going to take a serious injury before the buggies are looked at as a potential threat. Shame if they insist on keeping them they should be put on the roads not mixed with the general public
Old October 20th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #6738
AndyH

Quote:
Thanks for asking the questions Andy and good news about the mail box.

I despair at the levels of complete incompetence here sometimes! Which f*ckwit was in charge of planning the parks, and how can they fail to tie down costs for the first 3 - 5 years it's a complete joke.

Guess it's going to take a serious injury before the buggies are looked at as a potential threat. Shame if they insist on keeping them they should be put on the roads not mixed with the general public
I agree, they are bad enough in Malls, but at ;least here we have roads for lazy people to use. It wouldnt be so bad but there are too many bottlenecks, especially with terraces outside cafes etc