SkyscraperCity Forum banner

YF's trip to Maritime Of Canada

18K views 187 replies 7 participants last post by  Yellow Fever 
#1 ·
Waiting in the Vancouver international airport right now for the flight to Toronto then Halifax. Will post all my photos here, so please stay tuned! :)

#37 ·
You know what, I actually like Halifax and I even mentioned to my lady that I wouldn't mind to live there when I'm retired. ;) We crossed the strait to Dartmouth for a brief tour and I just fall in love with this little surburb which is so quiet and peacful but yet its beautiful!

#38 ·
Those rainy scenes may not be my greatest strength, but you've done pretty well with those shots. I especially like the two pics that show yet another one-way street and the seafood restaurant: indeed, Halifax must be a slower-paced city than Vancouver or Toronto... but I must say that it still holds quite a lot of modern trappings. And yes, that harbor may be quiet, but now, but during the summer, I suspect that the waterfront hosts to a lot of tourists.

Keep those lovely city shots coming! :hug:

Reactions: Yellow Fever
#39 · (Edited)
It's a very old, established, and bucolic part of the country. The water front is packed in the summer and hosts cruise ships, tourists, sailors, and everything in between.

YF: if you have enough time walk down Young Avenue to Point Pleasant Park, go deep sea fishing, visit the Citadel, the Public Gardens, and maybe even stroll down University Avenue to Dalhousie University if you're looking for a leisurely walk. It's a very pretty campus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.