daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise

Philippine Projects on the Rise Proposals and U/Cs all around the archipelago.
» Luzon | Visayas | Mindanao | Completed projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What do you prefer?
Standard Flat Units 14 43.75%
Loft Type Units 18 56.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 16th, 2016, 06:31 AM   #4301
maximalvelocity

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousmind_manila View Post
The PHP has already depreciated by some 10% vs my own currency, plus the recent political events have resulted in some delayed investments from foreign companies. How could this impact your real estate investment? Obviously glad I didn't buy a few months ago.
I have 4 condo units spread in the centre and fringes of Makati and lot in Nuvali. One of the condo has recently been turned-over and the rest are still in various stages of construction. So far, I'm not seeing the prices of mid to upper middle class condos going down but I'm seeing softening in rentals. My Nuvali lot has appreciated probably almost double the price when I bought it 6 years ago.

As usual, real estate investment is all about timing and valuations is just that, valuations. I do feel that if you buy in Makati and BGC now, the prices are overpriced. For example, the unit I bought in the fringes of Makati a year ago is worth 10M and a similar sized unit sold by same developer on the next tower is priced 12M. As an investor and if I decide to flip my investment now and provided there's a buyer willing to pay within market then I would be a very happy bloke. However, I do wonder how much of this is imaginary vs real.

In the recent reports, Philippines is fastest growing economy outside of China and its growth has outpaced the global economic growth. Our population has median age of 23 years old. The Philippine economy is driven primarily by 70% domestic consumption vs foreign investment. So, I think what's more important at this point is to improve the buying capacity of Filipinos and supporting domestic economy. My target tenants are expats but hopefully a decade from now these 23 years old would be able to afford renting one my condos That's the plan anyway.

curiousmind_manila liked this post

Last edited by maximalvelocity; October 16th, 2016 at 06:38 AM.
maximalvelocity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2016, 05:39 AM   #4302
Flyback

Likes (Received): 0

Vertis North

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of investing in a condo unit at Vertis North particularly HIGH PARK by Alveo. I just have some questions...

- any comments on the location?
- what would be better 1brm 61sqm or 2brm 88sqm? ( if i plan to rent out)
- do you think condo prices will be going down in the near future?
- turnover of unit is not until 2020 do you see other projects that would be worth considering?

Thanks in advance
Flyback no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #4303
maximalvelocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyback View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of investing in a condo unit at Vertis North particularly HIGH PARK by Alveo. I just have some questions...

- turnover of unit is not until 2020 do you see other projects that would be worth considering?

Thanks in advance

Location is strategic and has high potential. It's walking distance to malls, restos, hospitals, schools and government offices. Downside is the presence of IS right across the site and further down the street on the same block as High Park. I have no doubt that over time IS will go away but the question is when.

I'm hesitant getting anything bigger than a studio rental property in QC (specially from mid-market developer such as Alveo) because it means you have to target high income renters such as expats (working for MNCs not government/NGOs) but mostly they are concentrated on the well established business districts such as Makati or Ortigas.

The central bank doesn't think so but there has been a couple of write-ups about this. My guess is it would probably be a risky bet relying on rentals alone to pay for the mortgage at this time. If you have the funds to weather the storm, I believe buying the property now will pay over the long haul.

I'm always bias on Makati, Ortigas, BCG projects due to stable rental market but I think new condos are overvalued in these locations. Try scout on the fringes e.g. Circuit Makati, Brixton and other developments that would benefit from future infrastructure development e.g. RBT, skyway.

curiousmind_manila, azumiii liked this post
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:45 PM   #4304
ErikG23

Guys, can someone here comment regarding Amaia Shaw. I'm thinking of purchasing a studio unit next month (which will be my first investment property after my home) and would love to hear your thoughts on the development.

Thanks!
ErikG23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2017, 08:20 AM   #4305
StephGo
BANNED

Is there a new thread for this? I want read more about story of condo dwellers. TIA
StephGo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #4306
georgestanley032
Asset Building Consultanc

Likes (Received): 9

I heard DMCI units are promising compare to smdc but I may be wrong. We like to get a unit in Baguio a 2 bedroom unit will suffice to us. I think it would be a great investment if ever than buying a house which needs high cost maintenance.
georgestanley032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2017, 12:19 AM   #4307
Andres Francisco

Likes (Received): 19

Made inquiry with Vertis North Vita tower 3 unit facing park no availability, Sola Tower 1 turn over for Sola tower1 2020 but most of the unit already taken only available unit no sunlight. Unit facing amenities all sold old. Probably i would just wait for Sola tower 2 it might be worth waiting for since it would be facing the Vertis North Park but price must be much much higher then. I think this project has a lot of buyers.
Andres Francisco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:02 AM   #4308
iareCarlo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Investing Real Estate in the Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgestanley032 View Post
I heard DMCI units are promising compare to smdc but I may be wrong. We like to get a unit in Baguio a 2 bedroom unit will suffice to us. I think it would be a great investment if ever than buying a house which needs high cost maintenance.
Hi, is it Bristle Ridge? Any information about their price range? Thanks!
iareCarlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #4309
iareCarlo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Investing Real Estate in the Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximalvelocity View Post

Location is strategic and has high potential. It's walking distance to malls, restos, hospitals, schools and government offices. Downside is the presence of IS right across the site and further down the street on the same block as High Park. I have no doubt that over time IS will go away but the question is when.

I'm hesitant getting anything bigger than a studio rental property in QC (specially from mid-market developer such as Alveo) because it means you have to target high income renters such as expats (working for MNCs not government/NGOs) but mostly they are concentrated on the well established business districts such as Makati or Ortigas.

The central bank doesn't think so but there has been a couple of write-ups about this. My guess is it would probably be a risky bet relying on rentals alone to pay for the mortgage at this time. If you have the funds to weather the storm, I believe buying the property now will pay over the long haul.

I'm always bias on Makati, Ortigas, BCG projects due to stable rental market but I think new condos are overvalued in these locations. Try scout on the fringes e.g. Circuit Makati, Brixton and other developments that would benefit from future infrastructure development e.g. RBT, skyway.
How much is the minimum price range of Circuit Makati and Brixton? Do you know it?
iareCarlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #4310
Danileo23

Likes (Received): 1

Broker here to answer your questions

Hi all,

To any interested buyers on ALL reale state developers in thsi thread fell free to ask po anytime thru my cell number 09278800023. (Globe with viber)

I handle both house and lots and condos from ALL developers.

Thank you
Dan
Danileo23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:51 PM   #4311
Danileo23

Hi let me know if you want to get updated pricelist on any developer like Circuit Makati of Ayala or Brixton of DMCI thanks

09278800023 (globe with viber)
Dan
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:52 PM   #4312
Danileo23

Hi let me know if you want to get updated pricelist on any developer like Bristle Ridge of DMCI

thanks

Dan
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #4313
Danileo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres Francisco View Post
Made inquiry with Vertis North Vita tower 3 unit facing park no availability, Sola Tower 1 turn over for Sola tower1 2020 but most of the unit already taken only available unit no sunlight. Unit facing amenities all sold old. Probably i would just wait for Sola tower 2 it might be worth waiting for since it would be facing the Vertis North Park but price must be much much higher then. I think this project has a lot of buyers.
Hi

let me know if you want to get updated pricelist on any developer like vertis north of Ayala.

Dan
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:54 PM   #4314
Danileo23

Broker here to assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikG23 View Post
Guys, can someone here comment regarding Amaia Shaw. I'm thinking of purchasing a studio unit next month (which will be my first investment property after my home) and would love to hear your thoughts on the development.

Thanks!
Hi let me know if you want to get updated pricelist on any developer like Amaia Shaw

thanks

Dan
Old October 29th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #4315
maximalvelocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareCarlo View Post
How much is the minimum price range of Circuit Makati and Brixton? Do you know it?
Circuit Makati Callisto (pre-selling) is at 140Php/sqm from 115Php/sqm when Solstice was initially launched.

Brixton is now sold out after Sta Monica to Lawton Bridge broke grounds.

sel_donz liked this post
Old December 1st, 2017, 07:22 AM   #4316
Jim_Mendoza

If you have any questions or query in terms of investing into a real estate property, don't be hesitant to message me. There are a lot of real estate properties, like Condominium and House and lot that can be considered as an investment. If you have the chance to learn more about this kind of investment, you may study the market and learn more on what you can actually do for this.

It can be a bold move at first, but when you bought a pre-selling condo at first, or a pre-selling house, then when the time comes that it matures, then that would be good in the long run.

Last edited by Jim_Mendoza; December 4th, 2017 at 02:43 AM.
Jim_Mendoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
crisis, parking, studios