SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SSP

8K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Nouvellecosse 
#1 ·
Does any one know what is going on with he SSP forum?

#9 ·
^bahah no one from toronto seems to realy post on ssp if they want one its not that hard to ask...

so for now I am off to the Goldengate bridge and on to Muir woods.:banana:
aww man muir woods is amazing! so is the golden gate :)

#4 ·
From the website:
"Update - Oct 18 The skyscraper diagrams are now running smoothly on a powerful new server, yet our forum is now experiencing problems! SkyscraperForums.comWe have taken it offline until such time as it can be restored properly. In the mean time, a new website has offered to support our active discussion community while the regular forum is down. Pay a visit to SkyscraperForums.com to get your forum fix, and we promise the forum will be back in business ASAP".

#7 ·
So Skyscraper city only? Nobody posts here in the Halifax thread... I'm not connected well with development or anything in the city, so I find SSP to be far superior.

I love the arguements, it forces some people to present aspects of their city in the best possible defence. I just saw an amazing Hamilton thread with someone who was posting really solid pictures and evidence as to why his city is actually great.

#17 ·
According to SSP, "Update - Oct 20 The forum is now up and running on a new server. Get your forum fix! Now the entire website is running on new servers, something that hadn't been done in over four years. More improvements are on the way."

However, it doesn't seem to be working yet, althought its path is now correct.

#25 ·
Really? They actually asked me to come back and mod their new Vancouver section....and I said yes. :lol:

#27 ·
The biggest problem with SSP's Canada section right now is that the main area is flooded with self-serving cheerleader threads, not threads that actually bring people from different regions together for real discussion. There are some "general" threads but they're mostly just more thinly-veiled cheerleading ("How does your city rank for X? By the way, I just happened to come across this article that goes on about how city Y is number one for X").

#33 ·
Well I certainly like SSP. I find its biggest advantage is that the main photos section "my City Photos" (now divided into two separate directories of a-m and n-z) is more active and attracts more high quality photo threads than our Urban Showcase section. And although they lack a strong Toronto section, they have a great BC/Alberta section and Maritimes section. And although their "City Discussions" section may have some annoying squalling, it still holds its own very well compared to our "City Talk and Urban Issues" area. In fact the topics and discussion in theirs may be a touch better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.