SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Minnehaha Falls Park, Minneapolis

8K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Jaybird 
#1 ·
Yesterday evening I decided to head over the Minnehaha Falls Park to take advantage of the beautiful summer weather, and get a few photos in (I'm long overdue for another phototour).

I'm going to leave this post short and sweet; there's a lot more ground to cover that I'll have to snap on another day.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice pics. This is my favorite park in Minneapolis. If you go on a weekday outside of high summer you often have the part to yourself after you get past the falls, and you can pretend that you are in a forest in the middle of nowhere, despite the fact that you are in the city.

#3 ·
Thanks, Som!

I'd argue that Minnehaha Falls is the shiniest, most beautiful pearl in the Minneapolis Park System's necklace. The scenery there is as spectacular as any National Park, as far as I'm concerned! Especially below the falls, it's hard to remember you're in the heart of a major metropolitan area.

#5 ·
Absolutely gorgeous pictures Jennifat. I seriously forgot how beautiful that area is and how beautiful the neighborhoods in the Twin Cities are in general. Please post more pictures soon if you can. Could you also do some pics along West River Pkwy and the whole Mississippi River bluffs area?

#11 ·
What a gorgeous looking park, making it feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, right in the city! The falls are gorgeous, too! Reminds of the area in Pennsylvania around the famous Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Fallingwater house!

This is definitely not something to laugh at. ;)

Thanks for sharing one of the twin cities' jewels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.