SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NINGBO | Evergrande City Light | 454m | 1488ft | 88 fl | On Hold | 210m | 690ft | 50 fl | U/C

88K views 141 replies 34 participants last post by  Zaz965 
#1 ·
See less See more
#9 ·
#11 ·
For anyone interested, the other supertall from ningbo -- City Lights, has had its official unveiling party on 6/8/2012. An article from a local source:

随着许家印的出场,关于恒大是否进入宁波市场的猜测终于尘埃落定。

6月8日,位于东部新城的城市之光综合体终于开工,并举办相应仪式。本次仪式的一大亮点是:城市之光新股东——恒大地产高调亮相,与爱家网此前的预测完全吻合(详见爱家网6月6日相关报道),其掌门人许家印与宁波市市长刘奇、副市长王仁洲、江东区区委书记胡军、区长孙黎明等,以及城市之光的另一股东,三立控股的董事长郁国祥先生一起列于主席台上。甚而有著名资深电视节目主持人杨澜,以及范冰冰、刘嘉玲、王学圻、李亚鹏等娱乐圈名流共同出席,据不少旁观业内人士评价,仅从场面之大,就为宁波房地产市场近来年所仅见。

开工典礼上,宁波市有关领导对此次恒大集团和三立控股的强强联手充满了信心。

据了解,恒大集团是在香港联交所主板上市,以住宅产业为主,集商业物业、旅游综合体、体育及文化产业于一体的特大型企业集团。其品牌特征以民生地产为理念,致力打造中国老百姓买得起的精品住宅,是中国规模最大、销售面积最多的龙头房地产企业。此次进军宁波被业内誉为其对华东板块的深度布局。恒大的作品不仅将出现在东部新城,在镇海九龙湖以及江北湾头或许都将立即有重要作品问世。而6月8日的这次出现,也意味着恒大地产集团正式进军宁波,或将凭借其雄厚的开发实力,以城市运营商的高姿态联合三立控股推出宁波城市之光商业综合体项目。

据悉,宁波城市之光商业综合体将建成为455米的高楼,也将成为宁波又一地标性建筑。

Relevant info: the final height for City Lights = 455m

and the construction of the entire complex has officially started...

#24 ·
#27 · (Edited)
Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this little project. Although the main tower has not been started, I can still give a few other updates! I visited the sales office of "Evergrande City Lights" and asked a few questions of one of the sales reps there.

1. Construction of the apartment buildings (photos below) is going well and lots of units have been sold already.
2. Construction of the supertall is planned to start December 2016!

Before anyone gets their hopes up, I brought this up with a local Ningbo skyscraper community, and they laughed it off, saying "of course they will tell you construction is starting soon, they want you to buy an apartment!" I have lived in China for a while and I know Chinese can be overly skeptical of their own products (many times for good reason), so we shall see who ends up being right.

9/11/2016

Sales office with condo towers in the background.

All apartment buildings have been topped out. Tallest is a little over 40 stories. Note, the bottom half of the photo is where the supertall is proposed to be built. Completely overgrown with weeds!

In the previous photo you can see #2 and #1 on the left side, and the others on the right side, as represented in this physical model I saw in the sales office. The 455m tower model was also there (sorry no photo) so that would suggest it is still going up at some point.

Lastly, one interesting thing to note, I also went by the construction site of the 398m Ningbo Center 宁波中心 (see my update in that thread) and noticed the renderings on the street-side billboards. On the right you can see the Ningbo Center looking tall and proud, and on the left side you can see City Lights cut in half! What's going on here?? I asked the local community about this and they said it could just be Ningbo Center fibbing about the heights because they don't want to be upstaged by the guys next door... or we could be looking at a major height reduction of City Lights!