SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards | 299m | 981ft | 58 fl | Com

538K views 1K replies 187 participants last post by  NewYorkCity76 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The design is constantly evolving. The last iterations can be seen below:

As the Hudson Yards development evolves, a new 1,000 ft+ tower at the 2 Hudson Boulevard site now called 50 Hudson Yards has been revealed:

Revealed: 50 and 55 Hudson Yards

50 HY at left

Related has new renderings up at Time Warner Center depicting The Hudson Yards, and in addition to dramatic changes for the Equinox Tower, a model depicting 50 and 55 Hudson Yards has been revealed. As YIMBY reported in early October, Related has expanded their presence in the neighborhood dramatically, acquiring the entire block to the north of the railyards. The two new buildings increase the site’s scope by nearly 4 million square feet.

...55 Hudson Yards will still stand a similar height to the Coach Tower, which will be approximately 900 feet tall. 55 Hudson Yards will be joined by 50 Hudson Yards, aka ‘The McDonalds Drive-Thru Tower,’ which is another major addition to Related’s assemblage. That building will crack the 1,000 foot mark, and appears slightly shorter than the Hudson Yards North Tower.

More renders and details as they emerge...

===============================================================================================

Previously:

Related to Start Work on Hudson Yards Platform in January (1)
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-10-17/related-to-start-work-on-hudson-yards-rail-platform-in-january[/URL]

On the opposite side of Hudson Boulevard, Related plans to build a 62-story skyscraper on the site of Coach’s current headquarters at 504-522 West 34th St. The company needs to acquire adjacent parcels before starting that building.

The two sites straddle a park being built by the city that will split the block between 10th and 11th avenues in two. Hudson Boulevard will become “the Park Avenue of the West Side,” Cross said
Projected completion date for the Entire Eastern Half of the HY Development, including the Boulevard Portion.

The eastern half of the Hudson Yards development, totaling 10 million square feet, probably will be completed by 2018

See less See more
#7 ·
Yea I Agee! This is the first time I created a thread & I have no idea how it ended up being under super tall. Lol

Maybe one if the mods can change it to high rise proposed..

I will say this, even if rights are not transferred from 1 Hudson Blvd, this site currently has 2.3 m sq ft.

All depends if this will be a mix use with residential component, it can be super tall with high ceilings w/ low floor count.

With the purchase of the McDonalds lot, this site will certainly have a very large foot print so I dunno how this will play out. :cheers:

#8 · (Edited)
/begin rant

It would be such a waste if the HY North Tower (408m/1337ft) ends up tallest. I mean the BIGGEST (skyscraper) development in America surely deserves a signature tower. I'm tired of the "average" supertall height in New York (I know, I'm spoiled). With all those supertall proposals popping up (7 400m+ towers!!) it's really time for someone to make a bold statement and propose a 500m+ über. Barnett had the chance (to be honest I'm more concerned about the design over there), and blew it.

New York city has developed from a 500 to a 700 to a 1000 and now to a 1300ft plateau. We need a singature tower! :rant:

/end rant

#9 ·
Sherwoods' 2.5m sf site sits just north of McD's. Who knows what's in store there.

Anyway, it is far too early to speculate about the McD's site. I wonder if Related is in negotiations with huge tenants for that site. It appears to have lured at least 1 huge law firm (probably White & Case) to Extell's old site.

NewsCorp is the next big fish, as it will seek over 1m sf.

Reactions: 1084790
#11 ·
Sherwoods' 2.5m sf site sits just north of McD's. Who knows what's in store there. Anyway, it is far too early to speculate about the McD's site. I wonder if Related is in negotiations with huge tenants for that site. It appears to have lured at least 1 huge law firm (probably White & Case) to Extell's old site. NewsCorp is the next big fish, as it will seek over 1m sf.
Agreed about news corp. They have a lot of companies they have under their umbrella as well and a chance to have all of them under 1 roof. It's possible they will require a lot more sf & only Ross can give them a great deal.

#12 ·
The 62-floor figure is definitely preliminary. The tower will probably have a custom configuration for the as-yet-unknown anchor tenant, and leasing is a long ways off; I doubt work begins here before the first phase of the Hudson Yards is finished.

When construction does begin, I would bet on the McDonald's Tower becoming the tallest in the neighborhood.

#14 · (Edited)
If these schematics show how the space will be used, then the McD's site actually could be in the 1,000 to 1,250 foot range. It appears that the entire block will be occupied by a structure with a tower rising above it. That large structure could be a trading floor (Citi?), television studios (NewsCorp/Fox ?), or another massive retail component, which is where Related claims to seek revenue, together with residential. It, as it now appears, this area will grow very rapidly, the 750knof retail planned won't be enough to serve this area.

#17 ·
If these schematics show how the space will be used, then the McD's site actually could be in the 1,000 to 1,250 foot range. It appears that the entire block will be occupied by a structure with a tower rising above it. That large structure could be a trading floor (Citi?), television studios (NewsCorp/Fox ?), or another massive retail component, which is where Related claims to seek revenue, together with residential. It, as it now appears, this area will grow very rapidly, the 750knof retail planned won't be enough to serve this area.
Can't see the schematics

#23 · (Edited)
Isn't this the site of The GiraSole? Is that proposal now dead and this has taken its place?

Edit: nevermind.

If I have this right:

One Hudson Boulevard: One Hudson Yards. Related is going to develop that, right?
Two Hudson Boulevard is this new 62 story tower that may have a tenant.
Three Hudson Boulevard is The GiraSole and the developer is Moinian.
Then we have the Sherwood site.

Hudson Boulevard will rival 57th and 42nd Streets!

Then we have Manhattan West, the McDonalds site, 360 10th, and what else ?

#27 · (Edited)
#32 · (Edited)
At the table next to me at lunch, there was a very hot, blonde MILF who worked for Citi . She was telling her friend how the company is choosing between 2 WTC, HY, and Greenwich St, but that the latter would be hard to reconfigure to their needs. She also noted that the consensus is that the Greenwich St location in Tribeca is that it's out of the way for most of the employees, which is true, whereas 2 WTC and HY are near subways and train stations.

In any event, Related Cleary has serious talks with some bank if they're building trading floors. Such talks would spur the interest of the two law firms that Related apparently has snared for 1 HB.

Reactions: hunser
#34 · (Edited)
At the table next to me at lunch, there was a very hot, blonde MILF who worked for Citi . She was telling her friend how the company is choosing between 2 WTC, HY, and Greenwich St, but that the latter would be hard to reconfigure to their needs. In any event, Related Cleary has serious talks with some bank if they're building trading floors. Such talks would spur the interest of the two law firms that Related apparently has snared for 1 HB.
Lmao!

Errrr Errrr.... Can u tell more about this blonde w/ child?

What da hell! I'm here to talk about buildings...

Ok...back on track.

Honestly this bodes well for 2 WTC IMO. I think chase for 2 HB would be ideal. They just sold 1 CMP for over $700 m. I know the Chinese intends to keep them at their building but Ross can give them a much better deal.

So my hopes is Citi to WTC & Chase to the Yards.

I agree! I think 2 HB will be pretty tall. It's a massive site once it's fully assembled :cheers:

#35 · (Edited)
She was about 47, blonde, prim and proper, though I speculate that she had a dirty side and probably has a massive vibrator collection.

The HY will be very convenient for every commuter.

Also, unless Larry gives Citi a very good deal, they'll likely go to the HY. It seems that Related is intent upon having this be a very bustling office and retail area when the bulk of his residential towers starts to rise.

#46 · (Edited)
The HY will be very convenient for every commuter.
It's good, but with only one direct subway line and the next closest lines 2 Avenues away, it cannot compete with WTC with its 2-3-4-5-A-C-E-J-Z-R and Path.

For regional rail it is well located and the Hudson River Greenway makes for a very good bike commute option.

To be fair, if it's between 2WTC and HY, I'm simply biased and will use whatever I can get to root for the downtown option ;)

#37 ·
Yea almost. 2 HB will have 2.7 - 3 m sf vs 15 Penn having aprox 2 m sf. I will be very happy if this rises close to 1,200 ft. I could also be happy for the exact Pelli design here. :D

The only reason I say Citi to 2WTC, was based on a article saying Citi has narrowed it down to both Greenwich sites & Eliminated HY, but noted still could factor in. Whatever the case, Related has someone in mind or has something already lined up.