daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Los Angeles > Los Angeles forums > Transportation-Infrastructure

Transportation-Infrastructure All about Bridges, Subways and Urban Transport, Railways, Maritime, Freeways and Highways » Aviation

Old March 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #1
CarsonCaliBrotha

Likes (Received): 0

The Green Line and LAX

I fly somewhat frequently, and everytime I do, I take mass transit there, you know, save my mom some gas and all. But everytime I'm there, it amazes me how discreet the Green Line shuttle buses are. Sometimes they say "Green Line Shuttle" or "G-Metro Green Line" but hell, Yesterday I went the bus just said "Special". And it amazed me how many people it stopped by who had that look like "Okay....just where in the hell is this shuttle goiing?" If they want more people to ride they should make it stand out. Paint all shuttle buses different hues of green and put "METRO GREEN LINE SHUTTLE" on the side or something, nobody wants to ride a bus that says "Special". And the ones that do take Metro, I bet they get lost trying to find out just where the shuttle is unless they ask a drivver thats not going to a parking structure, as I did.
CarsonCaliBrotha no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 20th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #2
LAsam
Endless summer

Or better yet, we could extend the Green Line all of 1 mile to LAX!
LAsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #3
klamedia
Silver Lake

Likes (Received): 107

I think the plan is to extend the Green Line to parking lot B and then run a people mover from their to the airport. Unfortunately like NYC's A train + Airtran combo this is still not a one-seat ride. I'd much rather see the Green Line just make 1 stop inside the airport (not at every terminal) and then head on towards Venice. This would be the optimal configuration much like Chicago's Blue Line directly to O'Hare setup.
klamedia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #4
ArchiTennis
Angeleeeeeeeno

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCaliBrotha View Post
I fly somewhat frequently, and everytime I do, I take mass transit there, you know, save my mom some gas and all. But everytime I'm there, it amazes me how discreet the Green Line shuttle buses are. Sometimes they say "Green Line Shuttle" or "G-Metro Green Line" but hell, Yesterday I went the bus just said "Special". And it amazed me how many people it stopped by who had that look like "Okay....just where in the hell is this shuttle goiing?" If they want more people to ride they should make it stand out. Paint all shuttle buses different hues of green and put "METRO GREEN LINE SHUTTLE" on the side or something, nobody wants to ride a bus that says "Special". And the ones that do take Metro, I bet they get lost trying to find out just where the shuttle is unless they ask a drivver thats not going to a parking structure, as I did.
haha...i had the same experiece heading out of LAX also...I had to ask a bus driver. He laughed at me he's like, "this is the bus"...doh! I should've known crazy nutts...how hard is it to
Quote:
put "METRO GREEN LINE SHUTTLE" on the side or something
ArchiTennis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 02:59 AM   #5
solongfullerton

I know exactly why the shuttle isn't marked well. The airport is responsible for running the shuttle, and if people aren't parking at the airport, then they aren't making as much money.
solongfullerton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:48 AM   #6
The Baz
Season Tix Avail

God Bless America.
The Baz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:27 AM   #7
Elsongs
"There It Is, Take It!"

Likes (Received): 2

It's a conspiracy by the airport parking lobby to make transit access to an airport as inconvenient as possible.
Old March 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM   #8
CarsonCaliBrotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamedia View Post
I think the plan is to extend the Green Line to parking lot B and then run a people mover from their to the airport. Unfortunately like NYC's A train + Airtran combo this is still not a one-seat ride. I'd much rather see the Green Line just make 1 stop inside the airport (not at every terminal) and then head on towards Venice. This would be the optimal configuration much like Chicago's Blue Line directly to O'Hare setup.
I'd say a people mover is alot easier than a shuttle bus. It doesn't matter really if its not one ride. For anyone whos been to Hartsfield Jackson International in Atlanta, you know how useful those people movers are. Not to mention a bit more fun to ride than shuttle buses.

But even the airport, theres plenty of parking lots, outside the airport even. Their shuttles are accurately marked. Why not Metro?
CarsonCaliBrotha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #9
Skyblade
Chasing the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by solongfullerton View Post
I know exactly why the shuttle isn't marked well. The airport is responsible for running the shuttle, and if people aren't parking at the airport, then they aren't making as much money.
Well the thing is that the buses used for the shuttle are common-use where it can be be repositioned for other routes like the parking lots and LAX transit center. Convenient for them, yes but it would be nice if they can dedicate a couple and slap a sticker for easier identification.
Skyblade no está en línea   Reply With Quote