SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | 30 Hudson Yards | 387m | 1270ft | 73 fl | Com

3M views 8K replies 861 participants last post by  NewYorkCity76 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Related Cos.
Architects Skidmore Owings & Merrill; Thomas Phifer & Partners; SHoP Architects and Diller Scofidio + Renfro; Kazuyo Sejima + Ryue Nishizawa; Handel Architects

Current design renderings (as of November 2012):

At night:
A nice new rendering published by MIR a couple of hours ago!

Illustration by MIR

Illustration by MIR

Large rendering

both pics by NYguy on pbase

renderings from https://www.visualhouse.co.uk/

D-Tower up close

IMG]http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/Content/dynamic/hudson-yards-nyc-east-yards-dv-mir-122012.jpg[/IMG]

Scale models:

Earlier renders:

nyguy on PBase

from the brochure http://www.related.com/HudsonYards/images/Hudson Yards Brochure.pdf

the bottom pics are clearly older renderings, but going by this, the mixed use tower is taller than the coach tower was before it's height reduction

================================================================================================================

Older renderings:

Extell Development Company
Architect Steven Holl Architects

Tishman Speyer Properties and Morgan Stanley
Architects Helmut Jahn and Peter Walker

Related Companies
Architects Kohn Pedersen Fox, Robert A.M. Stern, Arquitectonica
Financial Partner Goldman Sachs

Durst Organization and Vornado Realty Trust
Architects FXFowle and Pelli Clarke Pelli

[/I]

First design:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A platform primer:

See less See more
1 13
#70 ·
These proposals all look fantastic.....! The only reservation I might add is that the Empire State Building's location should be protected from overshadowing by similar sized or larger buildings......never thought that would ever happen but with buildings rising around the world twice it's height, preservation of the building including its New York icon position should be taken into account by any nearby project. New York is the city never finished.....and future developments will eclipse the E.S.B...as the W.T.C. did years ago but it still is New York's symbol. Guess this idea devalues property close to the E.S.B. ?

#72 ·
Eh? Are you seriously saying this...

...isn't classy enough for New York? It's a great design. Just because it isn't boxy doesn't mean it's not classy lol. Those twins are considerably better than the Freedom Tower...

Edit: I just realised, this is actually a very futuristic looking design, I hope to one day see it in the flesh if this is what gets built. I really like it/them.

#80 ·
:rant:" Horrible! ".... and, not just for NYC. :rant: Because If NYC approves It, Every other so-called " progressive " city in America will want Something like It.
Are you serious?? To break it down so people understand what is taking place.. For about 110 years give or take NY & Chicago have been continuously adding to their skylines ( far longer than anywhere else) and still are. During that 110 year span both have hit these phenomenal climaxes evident at the turn of the 19th/20th c., 1910's, late 20's/early 30's, late 60's throughought the 70's, 80's, and if you haven't noticed Chicago is in the middle of one such climax and NY is approaching a significant building boom. The thing that baffles me about your statement is every other "progressive" city in America wanting it. Many of which do not have the means nor the need to create it. This is just what NY needs and it's just right for NY.. what do we want now? A sunken train yard forever? Should we leave the westside as is? Say no to more office space, housing, cultural centers, and green space and yes! To a barren wasteland of neglected buildings and a train yard.. Come on now the wheels keep turning here.. and this project like the rest in NY ( sans the Mcsams) are just a sign of the times. I never lived through the art deco era and watched as the city transformed then.I never watched as the corporate box took over. I can barely remember caring when the boom of the late 80's was going on.. but I'll bet this will be better than all of them and I can't wait for everything to start to unfold as it appears we haven't seen anything yet. When every so called " progressive city" in America can propose something like this with the intention of carrying it out, then I'll be impressed, matter of fact when every booming city across the globe can continue doing what they are doing now even 10-20 years from now, I'll be astonished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.