daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 16th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #15401
sfs

Likes (Received): 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunder.k View Post
Any update on Ajjampura-Shivani speed new 2nd track speed trial?
Speed trial is on 20th October. Track inspection has been done as per update from my friend.
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 16th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #15402
mangalore mania
Indian First

Likes (Received): 2218

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfs View Post
Keralites benefited the most out of Konkan route with savings of over Rs.20000 Crore

http://www.railnews.co.in/keralites-...s-20000-crore/
There are many critics of,
But still he will be the hero..

Its wonderful to read that he stresses on extension of KRCL limit to MAJN

Changing from Enjoying the Mangalore's rise to Karnataka's Pride

Mangalore Forum
mangalore mania está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #15403
mangalore mania
Indian First

Likes (Received): 2218

Quote:
RVNL-HSRC Team suggest 10-Coach High-Speed Train on Mysore-Bangalore-Chennai route

http://www.railnews.co.in/rvnl-hsrc-...chennai-route/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalore mania View Post
I had mentioned about this few months back..

And its a big challenge now, and its not easy to straighten..

The only option is banking, but the drawback is all train should run with moe speed on banking
another options providing tilting, which is a huge task in rake designing..
So It looks like custom designed rakes are the option here..

Changing from Enjoying the Mangalore's rise to Karnataka's Pride

Mangalore Forum
mangalore mania está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #15404
titus_peris

Likes (Received): 11

Passenger train makes an Express train to wait

titus_peris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #15405
dyamannavar
dyamannavar

Likes (Received): 537

Sakleshpur : Halt station Aryabatta railway station ( ARBT ) still not commissioned inspite of 7 years of opening

Read Page No : 42 for Sakaleshpur - Mangalore rail line : Halt station Aryabatta railway station ( ARBT ) still not commissioned inspite of 7 years of opening line. We had three Railway Minister still nothing is happening on this.

http://www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in...AL-56%20pg.pdf

MysoreOne liked this post
dyamannavar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #15406
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Likes (Received): 1181

My few thoughts on how the suburban rail project should be implemented for Bangalore

I would like to share a picture here in which I have arranged a few of my earlier pictures. I am certainly saying the same thing that I very often do, in the regard of commuter rail; just that I am doing so in a slightly different manner this time

This indeed is quite different from what the government and the railways actually plan to do, but still I am sharing it as I believe that this plan serves the floating population of Bangalore well. The picture below indicates the point from where I feel the suburban rail service should originate as also the places where it should terminate.

I know there are certain areas where the picture clarity is not upto the mark, but this was the best I could achieve with my skills. The picture is largely self-explanatory but still I have a few things to clarify :

1.) Firstly, the intense red borders around Anekal Road and Gauribidanur mean that the trains should terminate at these towns and by no means should the requests of the neighbouring states for extensions, be entertained. Bangalore suburban rail would happen with Karnataka's money and hence Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh need not receive the benefits. Karnataka, probably has one station after Gauribidanur (Vidhurashwatha) while there are none beyond Anekal.

2.) The thick green line around Nelamangala means that suburban trains should continue further to touch Kunigal; no matter what, railways cannot compete with the BMTC on the city - Nelamangala route, for the latter has every possible advantage over the former in terms of passenger traffic, at all times of the day. Hence terminating trains at Nelamangala, would do them no good.

3.) There is a significant portion of Karnataka beyond Bangarpet (KGF and Marikuppam) and Chikballapur (Gudibande and Bagepalli, both of which still lack rail connectivity). IR could think of connecting these places to Bangalore by frequent rail services to compete with KSRTC which operates buses on these routes at a good frequency, all through the day.

4.) It is my personal opinion that all regions beyond Channapatna should be under Mysore division as they are closer to Mandya and Mysore. Hence they should be a part of a commuter rail implemented for Mysore city.

5.) I have deliberately prepared this using Open Office, keeping intact the page margins. While the thick black lines indicate the existing lines, the dotted line indicates that Kolar should be connected to the city centre, through Whitefield and Hoskote.

6.) I would want the stations of Yeshwantpur, Yelahanka, Baiyappanahalli etc. should also get their due share of services. Kolar - Chikballapur and Baiyappanahalli - BEML lines should also be a part of the suburban rail project.

7.) Lastly, one error that I have committed in the picture is with regard to the lines leading to Kolar and Bangarpet from the city. I have shown Baiyappanahalli and Whitefield (from where the dotted line should actually commence) to be the same, which is wrong.

kishorechan, srivatsayb liked this post

Last edited by tejaswi.bgl; October 19th, 2014 at 08:33 AM.
tejaswi.bgl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #15407
nrsrini

Likes (Received): 26

New trains + Increase in Frequency for MYS-SBC sector

Now that Mysore-Bangalore line doubling (and electrification) is nearing completion, following are my suggestions for introduction of new trains and extension of existing trains with respect to Mysore.

The idea behind the proposals is to have more services and increase in frequencies within the existing rake infrastructure; only some rake sharing and maintenance needs to be changed. Since no extra rakes are required these proposals can be easily implemented.

1. Remove RSA of Tippu Express from Shimoga and Hubli intercity expresses. Change Rake maintenance to Hubli for the two rakes. Using the Tippu Rake, run the following superfast trains with stops at Mandya and Kengeri:
Trip 1 (Tippu Exp) : MYS : 10:30 ---> 13:00 SBC
SBC : 14:00 ---> 16:30 MYS
Trip 2 (Nandi Exp) : MYS : 17:30 ---> 20:00 SBC
SBC : 21:00 ---> 23:30 MYS

2. Convert Chamundi Express to a superfast train, with stops only at Mandya and Kengeri. The reason behind this arguement is the fact that this is a chair car rake (both AC/non AC), for which there will be reservations only from Mysore and Mandya. So I suggest the following timings:
Trip 1 (Chamundi Exp) : MYS : 05:30 ---> 08:00 SBC
SBC : 09:30 ---> 12:00 MYS
Trip 2 (Rajyarani Exp) : MYS : 13:30 ---> 16:00 SBC
SBC : 17:00 ---> 19:30 MYS

The above two rakes will dedicatedly help direct passengers between Mysore and bangalore. It will have minimal stops, less travel time. The rakes can be 24 coaches, it can have more AC coaches if needed. More people will end up making reservationsfor the trains because of chair car seats. The punctuality will also improve as delays in other sectors will not affect these trains.

3. For the travelling public in the intermediate stations, run a normal express train from Mysore to Yashwantpur with the existing Chamundi Exp timings
MYS : 06:45 --> 09:30/09:45 SBC --> 10:00 YPR
YPR : 17:45 --> 18:00/18:15 SBC --> 21:00 MYS

The rake for this service can be obtained through RSA with Howrah-Yashwantpur Duronto express. The Duronto timings match well with the proposed train. Currently duronto is running 5 weekly, but I believe it will be made daily in the near future given the patronage it enjoys. This train, along with the already sanctioned Ramanagara (D)EMU sould be sufficient for the daily travellers in this sector.

4. Extend 12649/50 Sampark Kranti exp via Kacheguda to Mysore. The timings will be:
MYS : 19:15 --> 21:45/22:00 SBC --> 22:10 YPR (or via BNC)
YPR : 19:10 --> 19:30/19:45 SBC --> 22:15 MYS

This will provide Mysore with much needed faster connectivity to Hyderabad, Nagpur and Delhi. The rake maintenance can also be shifted to Mysore.

5. Extend 16508/08 Bangalore-Jodhpur Express to Mysore with the same timings as Mysore - Ajmer Exp (maintenance Mysore). A Rake sharing between these two trains along with Mysore-Shirdi Express can also be thought of, hence increasing the frequency of the 16217/18 in the process.

Suggestions and modifications welcome. If anyone is in a position to take up these suggestions with the concerned authorities that would be very helpful.
nrsrini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM   #15408
Sunil.Biradar

Likes (Received): 26

12701 - Hussain Sagar SF Train takes 1 hour to travel 10 Kms.

Recently I noticed this as you can see in the picture which I took from www.indiarailinfo.com, from shahabad train will run in 10 speed upto wadi. Why? As per my knowledge, there are 2 separate lines so not a matter of line busy. How its called as Super Fast train where it takes 1 hour to travel a distance of 10kms? Anybody knows about the reason, please let me know.

dyamannavar liked this post
Sunil.Biradar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM   #15409
sunil.kulkarni

Likes (Received): 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil.Biradar View Post

Recently I noticed this as you can see in the picture which I took from www.indiarailinfo.com, from shahabad train will run in 10 speed upto wadi. Why? As per my knowledge, there are 2 separate lines so not a matter of line busy. How its called as Super Fast train where it takes 1 hour to travel a distance of 10kms? Anybody knows about the reason, please let me know.
Good observation Sunil :-) may be the slack has been given to cover any delays normally Indian Railways give good amount of slack at major junctions also soon Hussain Sagar will get Electric loco change at Wadi Jn for which 20 minutes is required.
sunil.kulkarni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM   #15410
mukundvs

Likes (Received): 6

daund solapur doubling updates

please tell me how to insert videos and pictures here. Wanted to shed light by posting videos and pictures on daund solapur section.
mukundvs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #15411
venkatreddy

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil.Biradar View Post

It is common to have a slack for the trains which will help to recover its lost time. Usually the slack will be given at the Major Station where the railway zone or division changes. You can check that even other trains will have similar slack time at Wadi
venkatreddy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #15412
ajayaju

Likes (Received): 32

Six pilgrim-special trains from October 25 via bidar

Text resize:AAA
PATNA: Indian Railways will run six pilgrim-special trains on different routes from October 25 to promote rail tourism and provide reasonably priced package to tourists.

Two of the six trains will cover Bihar - Shikharji Circuit Yatra (6 nights/7 days) from Jaipur through Rajgir, Pawapuri, Parasnath to Varanasi and Takht Parikarma (9N/10 days) from Jammu Tawi through Gwalior, Bidar and Patna Sahib to Delhi.

The other four packages are for Sukhmangalam Yatra from Bangaluru to Hampi, Dham special with Dakshin Darshan from Chandigarh via Lucknow to Ujjain, Dham special with Dakshin Darshan from Chandigarh via Jaipur to Ujjain and Jyotirling Yatra from Jaipur to Bhimshankar Jyotirling.

Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has been entrusted with the task of running these pilgrim special trains. A few more such pilgrim circuit tourist trains are being planned to start by year-end. The package includes journey ticket, boarding, on-board/off board meals, road transfers, sightseeing, guide, etc.

The passengers of these trains will be tourists only. Union minister of state for culture and tourism (independent charge) Sripad Rao has already announced a special AC train from next year for Buddhist circuit starting from Gaya to Kushinagar via Sarnath to cater to the needs of mainly foreign tourists.

Union tourism ministry has also issued guidelines for holding spiritual festivals at Bodh Gaya during lean (summer) season. These festivals will be organized through Bihar government in collaboration with international monasteries located there.

To attract pilgrims from Asian countries to the monasteries located at Bodh Gaya, Union tourism ministry has offered incentives for holding festivals which may be for a week or a fortnight. "We will help tourists in getting visas and extend other facilities for visiting Bodh Gaya during festivals. Apart from sightseeing, we will provide all kinds of logistic support at an affordable rate," said a senior ministry official.

During the festivals, they can cook their ethnic food and organize cultural festivals as well. Over two dozen monasteries of various countries, including Sri Lanka, Japan, Myanmar, Cambodia and Tibet, are located
at Bodh Gaya.

dyamannavar liked this post
ajayaju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #15413
sfs

Likes (Received): 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundvs View Post
please tell me how to insert videos and pictures here. Wanted to shed light by posting videos and pictures on daund solapur section.
Mukund,

Refer the below page.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=966096
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 AM   #15414
mukundvs

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Thanks a lot
mukundvs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #15415
sunil.kulkarni

Gulbarga Railway Station & Bidar Gulbarga Rail Tunnel U/C

Bidar Gulbarga Railway Tunnel U/C

Old Today, 07:24 AM   #15416
sunil.kulkarni

22134 Entering Gulbarga Station Ypr-Solapur Superfast Exp

PUNE WDM3D #11382 basks in the morning Sun as it Enters Gulbarga pf1 with 22134 yesvathpur-Solapur Superfast Express in tow!!!

CC: Aproop Joshi

Tags
karnataka