500K views 2K replies 151 participants last post by  LOXYMORE 
#1 ·
Name: Al Saqran Tower
Floors: 37
Height: ?
Use: Res + Com

See less See more
#1,807 ·
With reference to Olga13051981 note, dated 25.04.2017, today I have also tried to call the same number (Mr Shetty of Lawyerpoint) and still his phone seems to be switched off. Tried also to call Ms Lilly Avinash of the same law firm with no success.
Has anybody got in touch with or visited Lawyerpoint's offices or knows something about of what is going on with this mediator law firm??
Thanks

#1,814 ·
I had a fruitful meeting with lawyerpoint. The courts have appointed two accountancy and real estate expert to inspect the disputed documents and decide on the legitimacy of the claims. The 24th slab is complete but the developer is not/ cannot ask for the payment until the issue of ownership is resolved. This is so that one persons ownership is not legitimised over another's. it is possible that some people may have received payment notices but that is probably people who do not have any issues in terms of double selling. Work had started in December but has ground to a halt again.

#1,815 ·
Al saqran has 464 units out of which 180 were sold to al Masah and they could do what they like with those. 247 were sold by al saqran through PIM but were passed onto al Masah. 37 units were retained by the developer. Out of the 247 units sold by PIM originally, 200 were resold by al Masah and were registered for oqood. The original sales were not registered with oqood.

#1,816 ·
Al saqran and al Masah are now in dispute over this matter. Al saqran has excepted all payments made in relation to the al saqran tower either directly or via the escrow account. Al Masah has however moved people from other failed ventures onto this project with no real money coming to the al saqran account. They are the people who are most likely to lose out. So hopefully one way or another, any payments that have been made either to al Masah directly or into the escrow account should be safe.

#1,817 ·
The work has come to a stop but the developer is coming under a lot of pressure to complete. The timeline being thrown around at the moment is that the tower should be completed by Nov 2018. This is deadline given by dmcc but it is highly unlikely that this will be met. The deadline for handover is June 2019 but again it is unlikely to be met.

#1,823 · (Edited)
Thanks every body for the information but i dont see nice situation.
How almasah can play with our apartments that some of them this company is saying that was sold to 2 diferent persons at one time when also i can speak on my apartment is also register with goverment.
This things happen in dubaii because if in my contry al masah will finish in prison.

#1,830 ·
Lol. Haseeb_eng don't hold your breath. First time I spoke to them in February, I was told a month. I went to their offices at the beginning of may and they were very helpful in explaining what had happened but again told a month. I called yesterday and was told to call again in a month!!