search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:22 AM   #2461
dakotaskyscraper1

Likes (Received): 50

What a beautiful set of quality architecture for Bellevue. Hope these get built soon! Yes.. it does have a look of Miami.
dakotaskyscraper1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2017, 06:19 PM   #2462
HMD54

Likes (Received): 185

Please go with the lid option
http://www.bellevuegrandconnection.c...e-405-crossing

Erikツ liked this post
HMD54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 10:16 PM   #2463
Capitol Hill

Likes (Received): 4307

There is a vote on the website.
Old September 29th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #2464
Lostwave

Likes (Received): 373

A little bit of Bellevue News. Nothing breathtaking, but some projects we have been waiting for have applied for permits.

10050 NE 10th St (Current Dental Office next to the under construction Vuecrest Apts)
Project Name: NE 10th Residential
Seven story residential building consisting of 102 residential units, amenity spaces, 111 below-grade parking stalls. There have been several failed proposals for this site, including an 8 floor old folks home and a 3 story apt building.

Summit C (III) has pulled new permits
New 17-story building over existing parking garage

Project Name: Overlake Medical Center - Project futureCARE
5 story replacement hospital tower comprised of inpatient beds and ancillary program. They will be replacing the East tower.This building.

Old Jeep dealership (SW corner of 4th and 116th):
New construction of a four story mixed use shell and core building with structured parking for 695 stalls. There have been several failed proposals for this site too, including a target store.

All of these are on my map.

Last edited by Lostwave; September 29th, 2017 at 06:40 PM.
Lostwave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:09 AM   #2465
mgobuild

Likes (Received): 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostwave View Post
A little bit of Bellevue News. Nothing breathtaking, but some projects we have been waiting for have applied for permits.

10050 NE 10th St (Current Dental Office next to the under construction Vuecrest Apts)
Project Name: NE 10th Residential
Seven story residential building consisting of 102 residential units, amenity spaces, 111 below-grade parking stalls. There have been several failed proposals for this site, including an 8 floor old folks home and a 3 story apt building.

Summit C (III) has pulled new permits
New 17-story building over existing parking garage

Project Name: Overlake Medical Center - Project futureCARE
5 story replacement hospital tower comprised of inpatient beds and ancillary program. They will be replacing the East tower.This building.

Old Jeep dealership (SW corner of 4th and 116th):
New construction of a four story mixed use shell and core building with structured parking for 695 stalls. There have been several failed proposals for this site too, including a target store.

All of these are on my map.
Serious shout-out to this map. It's amazing. Can you change One88 Bosa to u/c in the map? They are hauling dirt and digging more starting at 7am daily now

Also looks like some activity possibly being considered at the old Sports Authority building. Developer conference/permit #17-125375 DC.

Quote:
We would like them to vet the following development scenario for this site. These are described graphically in the attached package: 1. Re purpose the existing sports authority building as an interior vehicular display area for vehicle sales (or just covered parking) for the Phase 1 TI work. (See page 3 ) 2. As part of this Phase 1 TI work we would like to modify the facade of this existing building for one, or multiple retail tenants, and open up the parking area between the currently isolated lots. See drawings to understand this request. (See page 3) 3. In Phase 2, we would demolish the north 14,000 sf of the existing sport Authority building to make room for the phase one mixed use tower. See page 6. The intent is to have the podium of the phase 2 work adjacent to the remainder of the SA building. 4. In Phase 3, we would propose to eventually demolish the existing SA building and then build a mixed use development on the southern portion of the lot. At this time we would provide an East West pedestrian connection as described on page 6 in the graphics package. (See page 7)
Basically sounds like phase I is converting part of the larger building to parking or auto showroom. Phase II is starting to demo the north end of the building to build a mixed use building. Phase III is to finish off with more mixed use building(s) on south side of the lot.
mgobuild no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:22 AM   #2466
Lostwave

Likes (Received): 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgobuild View Post
Serious shout-out to this map. It's amazing. Can you change One88 Bosa to u/c in the map? They are hauling dirt and digging more starting at 7am daily now

Also looks like some activity possibly being considered at the old Sports Authority building. Developer conference/permit #17-125375 DC.

Basically sounds like phase I is converting part of the larger building to parking or auto showroom. Phase II is starting to demo the north end of the building to build a mixed use building. Phase III is to finish off with more mixed use building(s) on south side of the lot.
Great find, don't know how I missed it! I updated the map for both of those. Anyway you can find their plans so we can see pictures?
Lostwave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 12:42 AM   #2467
HMD54

Bulldozers and honey buckets are on site at 888 108th ave. Looks like demolition could start any day now. Sorry if this is old news!

cameronrex, mgobuild liked this post
Old October 8th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #2468
Seattleguy

Likes (Received): 3

I love the photos of the Pacific Regent project on NE 8th and bemoan the fact that the many recent towers built across from Bellevue Square couldn't have been made to look good together. As is, they are a mismash of styles that don't relate to each other at all. Having been developed by the same company, I feel this was a lost opportunity at a cohesive development.. Am I alone in this??????
Seattleguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 07:25 PM   #2469
AzChristopher

Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleguy View Post
I love the photos of the Pacific Regent project on NE 8th and bemoan the fact that the many recent towers built across from Bellevue Square couldn't have been made to look good together. As is, they are a mismash of styles that don't relate to each other at all. Having been developed by the same company, I feel this was a lost opportunity at a cohesive development.. Am I alone in this??????
I prefer different styles to break away from the super block look.
AzChristopher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 05:06 AM   #2470
Seattleguy

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzChristopher View Post
I prefer different styles to break away from the super block look.
I think most do in the States. I really like some of the architecture in the old Soviet Eastern Block countries, which are often sets of buildings.
Seattleguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:49 PM   #2471
seapug

Likes (Received): 191

China and Korea always do sets of buildings. The newer ones can look pretty nice on the skyline. The old ones are all beige and brown but can still be nice at street level. Seems this trend is spreading in to other Asian countries.

Depends I like some building sets, but I like some to be all different
seapug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #2472
DawgFan

Likes (Received): 278

The new land use code which includes higher limits will finally be approved next Monday.
https://www.bellevuereporter.com/new...uncil-roundup/

araman0 liked this post
DawgFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:07 PM   #2473
wesburke

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
The new land use code which includes higher limits will finally be approved next Monday.
https://www.bellevuereporter.com/new...uncil-roundup/
Does this address the increase to 600ft? There was no specific mention of that here, or is it implied? Wasn't clear to me....
wesburke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:07 PM   #2474
northendMK

Likes (Received): 60

I've been on this forum for a few years but I can't really understand a lot of the terminology in this article. Mostly about the linear setbacks, but also if anyone knows where the DT-OLB areas are that would be useful to know since the article doesn't explain or give further reference to them at all.
northendMK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:27 PM   #2475
DawgFan

Likes (Received): 278

Yes, I'm pretty sure this includes the increased height limit to 600 feet. The article only outlined the 4 topics that were discussed at this most recent meeting (which was the 6th briefing in this process).

The OLB area is the east side of 112th that is right up against 405. Most of the buildings in that area are older, lowrise office buildings.
DawgFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 06:00 PM   #2476
HMD54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMD54 View Post
Bulldozers and honey buckets are on site at 888 108th ave. Looks like demolition could start any day now. Sorry if this is old news!
The existing building has been demolished! Hopefully digging will start soon.

Also, the crane for Brio is up already. I was driving by so I couldn't tell if the excavation was shallow but that was extremely quick. I think it just broke ground in August, right?
Old October 18th, 2017, 04:01 AM   #2477
EnataiMan

Likes (Received): 8

The new code was finally adopted and goes into effect Oct 26th.

https://www.bellevuewa.gov/cms/One.a...ageId=10850877

Would be great if ELEV8 submits a new proposal and we could have a new tallest in a couple of years.

DawgFan, araman0 liked this post
EnataiMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 04:55 PM   #2478
Midwest_Product

Likes (Received): 81

Is someone willing to take the time to explain the reasoning behind the 20,000 sq. ft. floor plate limitation? Are slender towers viewed as inherently bad?

iogeon liked this post
Midwest_Product no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM   #2479
wesburke

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnataiMan View Post
The new code was finally adopted and goes into effect Oct 26th.

https://www.bellevuewa.gov/cms/One.a...ageId=10850877

Would be great if ELEV8 submits a new proposal and we could have a new tallest in a couple of years.
Nice update. Now let's see some of these new proposals that have been supposedly sidelined waiting for this decision.
wesburke no está en línea   Reply With Quote