search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Lebanon > Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 15th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #41
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Likes (Received): 980

This project is going to be launched today @ 11 am.

Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #42
MarcLeb

Likes (Received): 2

Last edited by MarcLeb; July 15th, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
MarcLeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #43
MarcLeb

Last edited by MarcLeb; July 15th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #44
MarcLeb

Last edited by MarcLeb; July 15th, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #45
MarcLeb

Last edited by MarcLeb; July 15th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #46
MarcLeb

Last edited by MarcLeb; July 15th, 2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #47
MarcLeb

Last edited by MarcLeb; July 15th, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #48
Rabih
Smirk4Life

Likes (Received): 16

Wasn't this the Dib & Town plot?
Old July 15th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #49
ramynasser

Likes (Received): 20

who is the architect ? he needs to quit his job immediately!
ramynasser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #50
LeB-iT

Likes (Received): 0

No he doesn't, it's the most innovatively designed tower in the area filled with fugly buildings (aka Beirut tower & co.)
LeB-iT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #51
Abdallah K.
Under the Beirut Sun

Likes (Received): 7

I agree with you, the design is something new and interesting, eco friendly, and finally its not a giant concrete wall like some of the projects planned near it.
Abdallah K. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #52
Ramy H

Likes (Received): 32

I will probably never be able to afford it, but I want to go to an open house there and experience the balcony view. seriously, balconies in this design look soooo amazing.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #53
AmeriLEB

Likes (Received): 43

$500 million residential project unveiled in Beirut
By Dana Halawi
Daily Star staff
Friday, July 16, 2010

BEIRUT: Beirut Terraces, a $500 million residential development situated in the heart of the capital was unveiled on Thursday in a ceremony which celebrated the commencement of the project’s construction.

Located in the prestigious Beirut Central District, Beirut Terraces is expected to raise the bar in architecture and design, both on the national and regional level. It is the first residential development by Herzog and de Meuron in the region, founded on the concept of reviving the Beirut urban lifestyle by extending from horizontal to vertical, blending the indoor and outdoor, views and privacy, landscape with architecture.

Bassim Halaby, Chairman and CEO of Benchmark which is the pioneering development firm behind Beirut Terraces, said that 20 percent of the project is already sold and more than 70 percent of buyers are Lebanese. “These apartments were sold for residential and not investment purposes,” he said.

He added that people usually invest in real estate if a possibility of making a 30 to 40 percent profit exists. “People would invest in such projects if they can make a good profit, not to forget the fact that the demand on real estate in Lebanon is in a continuous increase of 5 to 10 percent. However, people are currently buying units from the project for residential purposes.”

Halaby said that excavation work has started and the project will be completed by the end of 2013 or mid-2014. When asked about the reason for constructing such high-end apartments, Halaby said that the Downtown area is not only designed for the rich. “It has the big and small apartments and some of them are located on the sea side while others are just ordinary ones with gardens,” he said. “Moreover, we are selling the square meter for less than $10,000.”

Halaby added that since 2000 there has been a trend of reviving the sea front areas which have always been characterized by attracting most of the investments.

The tower, which reflects the spirit of future Beirut while drawing inspiration from the city’s layers of history, will have 130 different apartments, each offering a differentiated living experience.

Halaby said that he wants the Beirut Terraces project to become a crafted jewel in its urban context and a landmark in the re-born city center of Beirut, while providing for its residents a quality of life worthy of their expectations. “We also view ourselves as equally accountable towards protecting the environment and we are therefore committed to creating a sustainable development,” he said.

Benchmark’s partners for this project include Khatib and Alami, BankMed and Herzog and de Meuron.
AmeriLEB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #54
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Likes (Received): 980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabih View Post
Wasn't this the Dib & Town plot?
I was going to ask the same question :S i believe it's the same plot.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #55
AmeriLEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassoun View Post
I was going to ask the same question :S i believe it's the same plot.
It is the same plot. I love this tower...i just hope that its not "boxed in" with Damac and Venus tower's ...i think the setbacks will be ok tho..especially with the landscaping around
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #56
Rabih
Smirk4Life

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriLEB View Post
I will stay skeptical about the design until it's completed.. From the render the tower looks bulky and crowded, not to mention the seemingly zig-zag-y effect it will have on the skyline (imagine it from far!)

I hope to be proven wrong
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #57
Beiruti

Likes (Received): 69

Exactly my thoughts, its way too chaotic and it has a stunted look (too short for the area). At first glace it looks like a hurricane shattered the windows/blew holes in the facade.
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #58
Ramy H

Likes (Received): 32

I feel that the chaotic/shattered look is really stemming from the choice of colours in the rendering. In reality, the coloured concrete will probably be duller, and the glass panes should probably fill in the voids so all you will see is this nice silhouette of balconies
I think the zig zag appearance will disappear from afar because of the 4 columns that carry themselves through each corner plus the way light is going to be hazing off this structure should give it a rippling more than jagged look

Taller would be nice though.. like two floors extra
Old July 16th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #59
AmeriLEB

Beirut has always been a place for avant guard and modern architecture. We lost alot during the war. In fact one of the favorites i saw in old movies was the Artisana on Ein Mreisse it was this cool all glass (walls etc) little building on the corniche. I think that these buildings are awesome. Breaks the monatany of the cookie cutter look and creates icon status. Its has a cool factor and interesting/different to look at. I always get excited with Bernard Khoury type designs because they are so eciting and modern.
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #60
ainmreisiot

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriLEB View Post
Beirut has always been a place for avant guard and modern architecture. We lost alot during the war. In fact one of the favorites i saw in old movies was the Artisana on Ein Mreisse it was this cool all glass (walls etc) little building on the corniche. I think that these buildings are awesome. Breaks the monatany of the cookie cutter look and creates icon status. Its has a cool factor and interesting/different to look at. I always get excited with Bernard Khoury type designs because they are so eciting and modern.
The old (modern) Artisanat building is still partially there, wrapped in that neo-fake-whatever (does that new wrap have a style?). The curling concrete 'arches' of the original are still exposed in the Artisanat store...
ainmreisiot no está en línea   Reply With Quote