daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Belarus

Belarus Беларусь |» Minsk | Brest | Viciebsk | Mahiloŭ

Old September 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #61
Aruss

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKid_01 View Post
Ok thanks. Would Belarus pay like Western Salaries? $250 USD for McDonalds is ok money.
Salary in Belarus isn't high, but cost of life is also chaep. Avarege salary is about 450$ per month, apartment's fee is about 50 $/month, apartment for rent - 300 $/month.
Premium gasoline - 1,5 $/liter, subway ticket - 30 cent.
1 kg beef - 6$

You may create a special topic in common trend, where people can compare price level in different countries

Quote:
I am an Australian do we need a visa to visit Belarus?
Yep, You need Belarus visa.

Quote:
Is Belarus poor or a rich country?
see above

Quote:
Why do Belarusians need a Visa for the EU? Im sure Belarus is not that much of a problem
Visa is a tool which allow to control migration for UE's countries.
Aruss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #62
RichKid_01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruss View Post
Salary in Belarus isn't high, but cost of life is also chaep. Avarege salary is about 450$ per month, apartment's fee is about 50 $/month, apartment for rent - 300 $/month.
1 kg beef - 6$

You may create a special topic in common trend, where people can compare price level in different countries

see above

Ok how long does the Belarusan Visa last for?

I understand that there are certain rules for foreigners can you tell me what they are?

From what I have been reading Belarus has a very bad leader "Europe's last dictator" is that true from your point of view?

As Belarusans do you feel your lives are hard?
RichKid_01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:42 AM   #63
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 15952

Quote:
From what I have been reading Belarus has a very bad leader "Europe's last dictator" is that true from your point of view?
I think that is Gordon Brown you are talking about. He never even went to elections and no one supports him.
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 04:09 AM   #64
RichKid_01
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
I think that is Gordon Brown you are talking about. He never even went to elections and no one supports him.
Sorry im confused I was referring to the Belarusan leader.

Is living in Belarus hard?

I understand that Belarus is stuck in a time warp can you clarify what things in Belarus are stuck in that time warp?

How long does the Belarusan visa last for?

Is the length of the Visa any longer for EU Citizens?
RichKid_01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 05:22 AM   #65
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7400

Why don't you go pester someone else?
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #66
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 11436

Quote:
Ok thanks. Would Belarus pay like Western Salaries? $250 USD for McDonalds is ok money.

I am an Australian do we need a visa to visit Belarus?

Is Belarus poor or a rich country?

Why do Belarusians need a Visa for the EU? Im sure Belarus is not that much of a problem

Thank you
GIYBF!!!

Translation: Google is your best friend.
JloKyM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM   #67
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Likes (Received): 1413

So what happened to that pro-EU/Democratic guy who was running for president vs Lukashenko back then? Is he still around in some party?..planing to run again maybe?..but thats a long time to wait
asotUA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM   #68
Aruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7iDmytro_UA* View Post
So what happened to that pro-EU/Democratic guy who was running for president vs Lukashenko back then? Is he still around in some party?..planing to run again maybe?..but thats a long time to wait
Are you in a harry? Don't skip your life
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #69
SeyMan
The Inhospitable Sea

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
1 kg beef - 6$

see above

It seems to me that the living standards in Belarus are quite low. The rent is 2/3 of the average salary (!!!) - that's a lot of money. Prices for transport, food etc. don't seem too cheap either. So, the $300 it's a rent for what type of apartment (size, number of rooms, city)?
SeyMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #70
Aruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeyMan View Post
It seems to me that the living standards in Belarus are quite low. The rent is 2/3 of the average salary (!!!) - that's a lot of money. Prices for transport, food etc. don't seem too cheap either. So, the $300 it's a rent for what type of apartment (size, number of rooms, city)?
This pricing for capital - Minsk. there is a typical situation for all countries.
In ex-USSR real estate sector is overvalued due to lack of investment, mortgage and etc ralative to avarege salary
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #71
abrakadabr2002

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Apartment in Minsk, one room or probably two but somewhere in the outskirts of the city. May the colleagues correct me if I am wrong. However you have to take into account the fact that the practice of renting an apartment is not that wide-spread in Belarus as let's say in the Western Europe. Most of the people live in the apartments which they own, so that they have to pay only communal costs (gas, electricity etc). Moreover a number of people live in the accommodations that are provided by the enterprise they work for or university (if it goes about students) at a very reasonable low cost (but unfortunately often the quality of these apartments is poor).

I will be please if someone can extend my answer.
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #72
SeyMan
The Inhospitable Sea

Yes, I understand perfectly. A similar phenomenon occurs in Romania, too. Most (>90%) of the people own their apartments, so the rental market is small and informal, so the prices are extremeley high. In Romania too the salary/rent ratio is outrageous - close to 1:1 in Bucharest (for a small 2 rooms apartement). However the difference as I see it is that the state isn't involved anymore in economy in Romania, while in Belarus it's still pretty much present. So basically Belarus is more of a wellfare state than most of the former communist countries now in the EU.
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #73
SeyMan
The Inhospitable Sea

I have two more question.

1. How do you perceive the EU and US critics towards Belarus? Do you see them as fair or highly biased?
2. Does Belarus has a high (temporary or not) work immigration? If yes, where do belorussians go to work mostly? Russia, Western Europe?
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #74
Aruss

Quote:
I have two more question.

1. How do you perceive the EU and US critics towards Belarus? Do you see them as fair or highly biased?
2. Does Belarus has a high (temporary or not) work immigration? If yes, where do belorussians go to work mostly? Russia, Western Europe?
1. As for me, Their critics is an objective, but I hate when other countries "put thier noses" in our internal business. Due to their "help" the situation becames more worst.

2. About 500 th work abroad (most of them in Russia) or 10% of work power.
This is a typical sitation for eastern regions, unclassified workers (builders). We don't have a border with Russia and we don't need to have any paper to get work in Russia.
Salary in many russian regions at laest in two times more than in Belarus
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #75
vycanismajoris

Likes (Received): 134

Hello. I want to know how do you belarussians see your country after 10 years, 20 years? What the majority of people in your country think about Russia and EU? And last question, i know that i can find it in internet but still, what was the amount of foreign investments for 2007? Thank you
vycanismajoris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #76
Aruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by vycanismajoris View Post
Hello. I want to know how do you belarussians see your country after 10 years, 20 years? What the majority of people in your country think about Russia and EU? And last question, i know that i can find it in internet but still, what was the amount of foreign investments for 2007? Thank you
1. The independent state without Lukoshenka (looks unbelievable) between UE and China...
2. not more than 13% of total investment or 4-5% of GDP.
Old October 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #77
abrakadabr2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by vycanismajoris View Post
FDI 2007 : 1.7 bn USD.
http://www.unctad.org/sections/dite_...8_fs_by_en.pdf
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #78
vycanismajoris

Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
1. The independent state without Lukoshenka (looks unbelievable) between UE and China...
laconic but interesting
vycanismajoris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #79
inz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Just remember - politics and provocation is not welcome
Can I ask why politics are not welcome?
inz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:27 PM   #80
abrakadabr2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by inz View Post
Can I ask why politics are not welcome?
We are discussing architecture and construction here. There are definitely nice places on the web to talk about the politics.

Tags
belarus