SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Mumbai Update II - project news from Mumbai ‎

Tags
mumbai
4M views 13K replies 560 participants last post by  dreadathecontrols 
#1 ·
#5 ·
If you are speaking of the above project then that is also my question.

However Mumbai does seem to have a high conversion rate from proposals to reality in case of private buildings. The number of highrise buildings under construction is pretty impressive (although the designs may not be).

#6 · (Edited)
man that is realy shitty news about daravi.not completely suprising.daravi put off, ind prod growth down, eco forcast down to 7% for next year.Now its my turn for doom 'n' gloom.Just when i thought it was all going to go smoothly.has the country realy begun to get serious about stuff ? Is the question the international community will now be asking, again
Is the Bandra Kurla complex also social housing ?.IE stuff that the developers have no vested interest in doing well?If its purely private than they can make their money back without fucking people up.

(Edit...But just as S&P predict 7.5 % growth next year credit suisse predict 10.5 % by 2008 .Whatever...)

#7 ·
man that is realy shitty news about daravi.not completely suprising.daravi put off, ind prod growth down, eco forcast down to 7% for next year.Now its my turn for doom 'n' gloom.Just when i thought it was all going to go smoothly.has the country realy begun to get serious about stuff ? Is the question the international community will now be asking, again
Is the Bandra Kurla complex also social housing ?.IE stuff that the developers have no vested interest in doing well?If its purely private than they can make their money back without fucking people up.

(Edit...But just as S&P predict 7.5 % growth next year credit suisse predict 10.5 % by 2008 .Whatever...)
:nuts:

Dharavi project hasn't been put off. its just been put on hold for 2 months.
And the economy is firing from all cylinders. I dont want to comment more than that.

#12 ·
^^ What is the present permissible FSI in Mumbai? Isn't it in the range of 3-4?

The report says outside municipal areas, the FSI is increased from 0.5 to 1!! To me it appears as little ridiculous. What is the issue in having FSI/FAR of 3 which can be increased up to 4 like in whole of Kerala? (Anyway present Govt of Kerala seems thinking backwards when they plan to reduce it to 2.5 or so. Already in Kochi corporation area it is rolled back to 1.5 citing infrastructural constraints. Thankfully no such issue in Trivandrum corporation so far since infra is o.k.)

I feel in CBD of Mumbai FSI is high, say 3-4, otherwise how is 30-40 floors possible?. See, in the page posted by Jai, there is some 25 floor slender building in a very small land area. Defnitely the FSI is around 4, if not more.

#16 · (Edited)
Holy crap! Three towers of 65 stories each and that too in Andheri!

It does look like a prerendering/proposal though. I sincerely hope the building designs themselves are not finalized. Such signiature towers shouldn't look so... bland. Though the plan overlaid on the ground seems to suggest that they would have interesting lanscaping.

On second thought, if the blue is glass and not concrete, than it should look decent, though uninteresting. If it were concrete, what a shame!

Any idea who the builder and/or architect is? Where'd you find this Sun?

#18 ·
Holy crap! Three towers of 65 stories each and that too in Andheri!

It does look like a prerendering/proposal though. I sincerely hope the building designs themselves are not finalized. Such signiature towers shouldn't look so... bland. Though the plan overlaid on the ground seems to suggest that they would have interesting lanscaping.

On second thought, if the blue is glass and not concrete, than it should look decent, though uninteresting. If it were concrete, what a shame!

Any idea who the builder and/or architect is? Where'd you find this Sun?
No idea who the builder is. They are 35 - 40 storeys though.

#19 ·
Hmm... you're right. I see where I messed up in count... each floor vertically sectioned off in two parts in the facade. That's rather odd design.

35 stories it does seem to be. I really shouldn't count floors in the dark right after getting up in the morning. :) I'll edit my post to not get people's hopes up who are reading the thread :)