daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General discussions > Regional development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2005, 08:24 AM   #1
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Keops kollegiet Bippebjerg - Old DSB lot

Name: Keops Kollegiet Bispebjerg
Type: Student housing
Units: 252 units of 20 m2 (each with bath, toilet and kitchen)
Floors: 8 (8000 m2)
Architect: Anna Maria Indrio (C.F. Møller)

2 low rise building connectid by a 2 story glas atrium with a communial area. A roof top tarese is build on top of the 8th story. Located right next to Bispebjerg station of Tagensvej, in København NV

Map/location

A few renderings of the finished project

A few of the inside

Some construction pics, taken on 12 August 2005

Updates will follow...

Last edited by cphdude; September 18th, 2005 at 12:01 AM.
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #2
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 115

I don't see any photos, just red crosses.

EDIT: Yes working now, thanx for showing it. This project is totally new to me.

Last edited by mlm; August 16th, 2005 at 08:28 AM.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:05 AM   #3
cphdude
Timelord victorious

edit - should be working now, yes?

Sorry...

Last edited by cphdude; August 15th, 2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #4
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Likes (Received): 279

It all works now, for me at least.
Those buildings didn't look very nice. King of 1960'ish.
The railway station was a lot nicer
kjetilab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #5
Morten M
Hmm

Likes (Received): 0

Nice to see they are finally starting to build something around Bispebjerg Station. And there is a great need of places for young students to live, so it is always great when they build some new ones.
I remenber I throwed this picture of the area around Bispebjerg station in a old thread. The new Kollegium is to the right just outside the picture, so there is diffinetly room for more to build in that area.

Morten M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #6
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten M
Nice to see they are finally starting to build something around Bispebjerg Station. And there is a great need of places for young students to live, so it is always great when they build some new ones.
I remenber I throwed this picture of the area around Bispebjerg station in a old thread. The new Kollegium is to the right just outside the picture, so there is diffinetly room for more to build in that area.

Right...and if you look at the map, there is something more planed...maybe those highrise mlm was talking about...I know they are also gonna build a project called slangen out in the area, but i cant remember where...

Last edited by cphdude; August 15th, 2005 at 04:44 PM.
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #7
tournesol

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphdude
I know they are also gonna build a project kalled slangen out in the area, but i cant remember where...
Slangen is allready U/C. It's located closer to the Bispebjerg Hospital by the S-train line towards Farum.
tournesol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 05:09 PM   #8
cphdude
Timelord victorious

oh, okay...
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #9
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 79

looks like a pretty boring projekt .. "Slangen" looks pretty cool though!
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM   #10
cphdude
Timelord victorious

compared to what?? this is denmark...we only have boring projects...
Old August 15th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #11
Hviid
Positivist

Quote:
compared to what?? this is denmark...we only have boring projects...
lol .. really? Check out the All New Danish Highrises thread ... atleast 50% of those projects arent boring or boxy .. They're actually nice .. And check out the Ørestad development thread too, atleast 80% of the projects there are nice, especially Tietgen Kollegiet (which i will be moving into next summer ) Also like i just said earlier the Slangen project looks pretty cool ..
Old August 15th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #12
cphdude
Timelord victorious

nevermind, see next post....
Old August 15th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #13
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL_4ever
lol .. really? Check out the All New Danish Highrises thread ... atleast 50% of those projects arent boring or boxy .. They're actually nice .. And check out the Ørestad development thread too, atleast 80% of the projects there are nice, especially Tietgen Kollegiet ..
yes, and how many of those have actually been build?? Not many, most of them are proposed and some even chanceled....As for ørestaden, i can only think of 2 nice projects...Fering, and Tietgens as you mentioned...the truely amazing projects as hotel performa and rigsarkivet, and even ørestad house, was never made and the rest are precisely boring and boxy...It one thing what we are dreaming off, its a totallt different thing what we actually build, which is mostly boring, boxy low rise...
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:03 PM   #14
Hviid
Positivist

Quote:
yes, and how many of those have actually been build?? Not many, most of them are proposed and some even chanceled....As for ørestaden, i can only think of 2 nice projects...Fering, and Tietgens as you mentioned...the truely amazing projects as hotel performa and rigsarkivet, and even ørestad house, was never made and the rest are precisely boring and boxy...It one thing what we are dreaming off, its a totallt different thing what we actually build, which is mostly boring, boxy low rise...
True... There still are some nice projects that have been built though, like Prismet, Herning Centret, Ferring International, Hilton CPH hotel, Tietgen Kollegiet, etc. You cant really expect for one of the worlds oldest and most historic countries to become completely modern and "tall" just like that within a few years ... Unfortunately it's gonna take A LOT longer than that, especially for countries in Scandinavia/Baltics. I still dont agree though with those stupid boring boxy buildings.. If they dont wanna build them tall, fair enough, but atleast give them a good design ..!
Old August 16th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #15
Whose Homepage
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Hhmmm ... I can't say that I'm exactly enthralled by this student housing project. I mean, look at this place!

It appears like a rather desolate, car-dominated environment to me.

True, its probably an improvement over what is there now, and it's a better use of the land.

What surprises me is that each of these units has a ... kitchen? Here they feed the students in a cafeteria. I understand the food there is pretty much though.
Whose Homepage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 11:19 AM   #16
cphdude
Timelord victorious

The place is pretty dismo at the moment, but it actually has a great location....Close to the station, both bispebjerg and nørrebro, and with a lot of things being build....and right behind it is a huge residential area, which is where i live...

A kitchen is pretty normal, at least in the newer student housing projects. Some have a shared kitchin, but it ist not very popular...Ive always had my own kitchen, thank god...
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #17
Köbtke

Likes (Received): 198

Looks pretty good. And well yes, they do look a bit boring, but let's remember, this isn't some prestige construction, these are going to be affordable (I hope) student housing. And I think they look damn great for that. And we sure as hell need places to live for people who are studying, or otherwise have a low income.

Bispebjerg isn't THAT terrible a place, I'd say. It's in NV, so the general riffraff is to be expected () but as said in this thread, it's right smack bang next to Nørrebo, and the station is a trainride, or even walking distane from where the good Nørrebro begins.
Köbtke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #18
DenverDane

Likes (Received): 14

At least the interior looks very nice and I also like the skybridge, but it would be really nice if Danish architects started making something that's nice to look at from the outside too... It doesn't require that much effort and doesn't have to cost that much extra! I really like Slangen (The Snake).
DenverDane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 01:01 PM   #19
cphdude
Timelord victorious

but most of the time when they do, the builders dont want it...The simpler the buildings, the cheaper the construction will be...And as others mentioned, this is studenthousing, in a normaly very cheap area, so there is a limmit as to how much can be spend...
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #20
KristofferM

Likes (Received): 0

At the same time, there is a lot greater demand for student housing in Copenhagen, and on a project for this site, it ought to be considered that a couple of extra floors would help. In general, housing around railway points (Whether for students or not) should be high-rise, without parking facilities. There was a project for a 15 floor building at the Flintholm station, but it was eventually turned down. At that site, a 50+ floor residential building should have been built. At least in my opinion.

With regards,
Kristoffer Mogensen
KristofferM no está en línea   Reply With Quote