search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Nashville

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2017, 05:40 AM   #241
ariesjow

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Ok, it sounds like there will be a topping off completion in just two days but when I look at the latest images it looks like the top of the building is pretty much flat across the top. From what LA_TN had mentioned earlier I had the impression that there will be a higher portion in the center of the top of the building which I believe was referred to as a glass wall that's about 20 feet higher than the rest of it. Is this correct, because if it is they'd only have a couple of days to at least get some steel up there to support it? Thanks!
This is the final rendering and what it should look like once complete. The rendering with the higher center portion was the last iteration.

MontanaGuy, LA_TN liked this post
ariesjow no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #242
MontanaGuy

Likes (Received): 44

I had asked recently about whether or not the top floor of the building would go any higher due to the question about the glass wall and was told that it wouldn't but I've noticed from certain vantage points where you're looking slightly above the top level due to where you're situated on a hill that there appears to be something that's above that top layer which I had assumed was the roof. Here's an image from one of the webcam sites which shows what I'm talking about. I'm just wondering what it is and if maybe that last floor of cladding might extend just slightly higher to cover up whatever that is.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/weathe...SHCH&cam=NSHTN

I'm adding this note later in the day. The latest time I looked at that same link whatever I had seen earlier and for the past several days is not visible. No, I'm not on drugs or under a doctor's care for hallucinations so I don't know what to make of it. My only thought is that maybe I was seeing some sort of big box being used to lift supplies to the roof and it's no longer needed. Sounds kind of lame, I know, but that's all I could come up with!

Last edited by MontanaGuy; May 26th, 2017 at 01:41 AM.
MontanaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 04:28 AM   #243
LA_TN

Likes (Received): 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I had asked recently about whether or not the top floor of the building would go any higher due to the question about the glass wall and was told that it wouldn't but I've noticed from certain vantage points where you're looking slightly above the top level due to where you're situated on a hill that there appears to be something that's above that top layer which I had assumed was the roof. Here's an image from one of the webcam sites which shows what I'm talking about. I'm just wondering what it is and if maybe that last floor of cladding might extend just slightly higher to cover up whatever that is.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/weathe...SHCH&cam=NSHTN

I'm adding this note later in the day. The latest time I looked at that same link whatever I had seen earlier and for the past several days is not visible. No, I'm not on drugs or under a doctor's care for hallucinations so I don't know what to make of it. My only thought is that maybe I was seeing some sort of big box being used to lift supplies to the roof and it's no longer needed. Sounds kind of lame, I know, but that's all I could come up with!
No, you're not crazy (just a fellow geek!! Hahaha)!!! The completion of the ceiling of the top level is why you are not seeing the "box" in the middle now. Now we are still just waiting and watching ...

MontanaGuy liked this post
LA_TN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 06:57 AM   #244
prageethSL

Likes (Received): 2690

Nashville Nights by Jesse Lords, on Flickr

FLAWDA-FELLA, ariesjow, shakman liked this post
prageethSL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 04:10 PM   #245
FLAWDA-FELLA
Native Flaw-ridian

Likes (Received): 1347

What is the name of the project u/c with the two cranes on the far right of the image called?
Old June 7th, 2017, 06:20 AM   #246
prageethSL

Likes (Received): 2690

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAWDA-FELLA View Post
What is the name of the project u/c with the two cranes on the far right of the image called?
Bridgestone Tower

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1662064&page=8

Old June 8th, 2017, 03:30 AM   #247
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22063

the New Spider-Man Movie Loves taller New Towers
^WOW ! PrageethSL That's Downtown Nashville, Wow what happen to the small town of Nashville back in the late 90's with just a main street and a stadium Likes to you Our SSC Friendly Family Photos of the Southeast Cities friend, no more " likes " here anymore used them all, :dunno,
Thanks for the Great Photos ,, and Wow I still can't believe that's a country City :
Quote:
Originally Posted by prageethSL View Post
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #248
LA_TN

prageethSL, MontanaGuy, lancetop liked this post
LA_TN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:07 AM   #249
LA_TN

Crane is coming down