search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > North > North India projects > Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:42 AM   #1
India101

Likes (Received): 2622

Tallest Temple in the World (210m) - Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir

Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir
Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh

[IMG]http://i61.************/2dsmo1g.png[/IMG]
Quote:
A skyscraper temple with a height of 210 meters and footprint of about 5 acres, surrounded by recreated forests of Braj.

Mathura and Vrindavan are important places for Hindus all over the world. Vrindavan is especially a very revered and sacred place for the devotees of Lord Sri Krishna. In fact, the Holy Land of Vrindavan can be considered to be the spiritual capital of India.

The skyscraper temple project, conceived of by the devotees of ISKCON-Bangalore, will consist of a grand temple of Lord Sri Krishna at its centre. The grand temple shall be of monumental proportions and its iconic architecture shall harmoniously combine elements of both Indian temple architecture and modern architecture. This temple is poised to become the tallest, grandest and largest religious structure in India. The temple has a footprint of about 5 acres and rises to a height of about 700 feet (210 metres or 70 floors). The temple is planned to be vibrant with festivals and religious activities throughout the year.

A look-alike of the verdant forests of Vrindavan will be recreated around this magnificent temple. Designed by the world's best landscape designers, spread over a sprawling 26 acres, it will consist of the twelve forests (dvadashakanana) of Braj, with varieties of lush vegetation, green pastures, elegant vistas of fruit bearing trees, flower laden creepers serenaded by bird songs, clear water lakes with lotuses and lilies and water falls that tumble from small artificial hillocks - all recreated from descriptions in the SrimadBhagavatam and other source books of Lord Sri Krishna - to transport the visitors to Krishna's times in Vrindavan.

While the Yamuna creek provides a boating opportunity for the visitors and the Krishna Lila attractions in the forest provide an entertaining experience for all the family members, the Bhagavad Gita Expo will ignite the minds and invigorate the intellect with the stupendous wisdom given by Lord Sri Krishna that forms the bedrock of the culture and the philosophy of life in India. The Krishna Heritage Museum will showcase the rich heritage and artistic celebration of Lord Sri Krishna in diverse cultures of India, practiced and perfected over thousands of years.

From the ground level, a capsule elevator will rise up through the temple core, taking visitors through different planetary systems in the universe as described in the Vedic literatures, through an immersive sound, light and diorama show. The capsule elevator will finally reach the visitors to the

Viewing Gallery at 700 feet for a breathtaking panoramic view of BrajMandal.
It was the desire of SrilaPrabhupada, Founder Acharya of ISKCON, that the glories of Sri Krishna and Sri VrindavanaDham be spread all over the world so that the peoples of the world irrespective of caste, creed, color, nationality or gender, are freed from the sufferings of material existence and find everlasting happiness through Krishna consciousness.

Saikonpr liked this post
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:50 AM   #2
India101

Plans for the World’s Tallest Temple

Quote:
In five years’ time, Vrindavan, in Uttar Pradesh, hopes to be home to the world’s tallest temple.

At a planned 689 feet tall, the Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir or Rising Moon Temple is still a dwarf compared to the world’s tallest buildings and doesn’t even reach up to the Eiffel Tower in Paris, which stands at 1063 feet. Still, as temples go, it would stand out.

The building would cover five-and-a-half acres of land and the entire complex, which includes a helipad, twelve forests and lakes, would stretch across nearly 60 acres and cost around $81 million.

This is an architect’s impression of what the exterior of the concrete and steel temple will look like.
[IMG]http://i62.************/15saqrt.jpg[/IMG]

The area surrounding the skyscraper temple, which is dedicated to Lord Krishna, will include a replica of some of the hundred-plus forests of Braj, where Lord Krishna is believed to have been born. In these forests, Krishna is believed to have performed his ‘leelas’ or pastimes.

Pictured below is the design for Talavana, one of the 12 forests set to be grown at the site.
[IMG]http://i62.************/zjjj8h.jpg[/IMG]

The temple was the brainchild of three members of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, or ISKCON, founded in New York in the 1960s.

ISKCON already has more than 60 temples across India. In fact, the site of the oldest temple is Vrindavan designed and built under the supervision of the founder of the organization.

Madhu Pandit Dasa, the man who heads the Bangalore chapter of ISKCON, was part of the team who thought up the idea for the tallest temple.

“We wanted to build something that would raise eyebrows all over the world,” said Mr. Dasa, who is a civil engineer.

This picture details the different levels of the elevated structure. Once on the viewing gallery, located around top of the temple building, visitors are promised a bird’s eye view of Vrindavan.
[IMG]http://i61.************/30tknzr.jpg[/IMG]

This large-scale real estate project is expected to cost as much as 5 billion rupees [more than $81 million] and will be paid for entirely through donations, Mr. Dasa said.

Below is an impression of a temple hall, which will have space for 5,000 visitors.
[IMG]http://i58.************/xpq4a0.jpg[/IMG]

The plan is also to have ample parking space, not just for cars, but also for helicopters. A helipad and a parking compound will take up 12 acres of the site area.

This is an aerial view of the planned temple and the surrounding complex.
[IMG]http://i59.************/rsamas.jpg[/IMG]

A massive amphitheater will host a series of sound-and-light shows, telling the tales of Lord Krishna’s life.

Below is an image of what the amphitheater might look like.
[IMG]http://i57.************/fcjhao.jpg[/IMG]

And, this is how the musical fountain shows could look.

[IMG]http://i62.************/jj2wix.jpg[/IMG]

There’s something of a race to be tallest going on in India. In October, Narendra Modi, Gujarat’s chief minister and prime ministerial candidate for India’s main opposition party the Bharatiya Janata Party, laid the foundation stone for what is claimed will be the tallest statue in the world when complete – an almost 600-feet tall sculpture of Sardar Vallabhai Patel, a key figure in India’s struggle for freedom.

A month later, the state of Bihar unveiled a model of the Viraat Ramayan Mandir, which authorities there said would be the tallest Hindu temple at 405-feet when it is complete.

The builders of the temple in Vrindavan, however, plan to break that record.

This is what the designer’s plan the temple will look like from the banks of the River Yamuna.
[IMG]http://i60.************/14lisl2.jpg[/IMG]

KuwarOnline liked this post
Old April 3rd, 2014, 05:00 AM   #3
India101

Akhilesh Lays Foundation for World’s Tallest Temple

Quote:
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday laid the foundation stone of a project to build a 70-storey temple in Vrindavan – Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir — which, when finished, is billed to be the tallest shrine in the world.

Model of the temple

While the concept of the grand temple was conceived by in-house devotees of ISCKON Bangalore, the structural design has been outsourced to a US-based company, TEC Engineering. The temple, with a traditional Nagra architecture at the entrance, will have elements of a glass façade that would stretch to the 70th floor.

“The temple will change the skyline of Vrindavan. After entering the temple, there will be a capsule lift that will take visitors to the 70th floor. During their journey to the topmost floor, there will be a cosmology exhibit with 3D effects. It will be a whole new immersion experience. People would travel through the planets to reach the top.

There will be telescopes placed on the top floor from where people can see entire Vrindavan,” Chanchalapathi Dasa, vice-chairman of the Akshaya Patra Foundation said.

The temple premises will also have a theme park for visitors. Around the temple, the twelve forests of Braj will be recreated. Specific vegetation of each forest will be artificially grown.

The team is also going to recreate the Yamuna across the temple and visitors will be taken around in a boat. For those who wish to walk, there will be a path build for a skywalk. A night safari will also be organised by the temple.

ISKCON to build world's tallest temple at Mathura from today

Quote:
Mathura: The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) is doing the ground breaking ceremony at Mathura, the birth place of Lord Krishna, to build the world's tallest temple. It will be a 700 feet high skyscraper spread over an area of 5.5 acres and also have 70 floors. The ISKCON is hoping to complete the work in the next 5 years.

The temple named Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir, has a unique architectural feature that harmoniously blends the elements of Indian traditional temple architecture of Nagara style and elements of modern architecture. According ISKCON, It will be the tallest place of worship anywhere in the World.

This project will cost more than Rs 300 crore and ISKCON is hoping the raise the money from the devotees. The grand temple is surrounded by about 30 acres of wooded area that constitute recreated forests of Braj. The original source books of Krishna culture like the Srimad Bhagavatam and other ancient texts describe twelve verdant forests (dvadashakanana) that were present during the time of Lord Sri Krishna.

Read More

jain ladda liked this post
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:57 PM   #4
World8115

If it is to be built at Mathura why name it Vrindavan Mandir? I dont like the design only the bottom white marble part looks like a temple. Will it also be the tallest structure in North India after completion excluding Delhi

Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) construction videos | Youtube | Flickr
World8115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:54 PM   #5
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Likes (Received): 890

Guys I have created article for same, please do review and add if anything missing except pics. those are copyrighted pics already sent email, lets see what next

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrinda...drodaya_Mandir

Also created another article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prem_Mandir_Vrindavan
KuwarOnline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:04 PM   #6
World8115

Prem Mandir looks beautiful, thanks for the pics BTW did wiki had some font/style changes for text and title of articles?

Old April 3rd, 2014, 11:07 PM   #7
World8115

This thread reminds of World Centre for Vedic Learning another skyscraper-temple/religious structure which was to be built in Jabalpur. It did not materialize similar to Maitreya Buddha Project

Old April 4th, 2014, 04:36 AM   #8
India101

While a lot of these temple/religious projects fail, most of ISKCON's projects have materialized or are under construction, such as Temple of the Vedic Planetarium at Mayapur and Krishna Lila Park at Bangalore. This project is far more likely than the World Centre for Vedic Learning/Center of India Tower, not to forget this is a more realistic 210m as opposed to 700m.

btw, the Maitreya Buddha is not cancelled, in fact there are now two projects, the Kushinagar one and a Bodhgaya one.

World8115 liked this post
Old April 4th, 2014, 07:13 AM   #9
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Quote:
Originally Posted by World8115 View Post
Prem Mandir looks beautiful, thanks for the pics BTW did wiki had some font/style changes for text and title of articles?
No you cannot change font/style... those pics taken to my recent trip to Vrindavan, yes if ever go there, go by evening or just google pics of prem mandir.
Old April 4th, 2014, 07:16 AM   #10
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Quote:
Originally Posted by India101 View Post
While a lot of these temple/religious projects fail, most of ISKCON's projects have materialized or are under construction, such as Temple of the Vedic Planetarium at Mayapur and Krishna Lila Park at Bangalore. This project is far more likely than the World Centre for Vedic Learning/Center of India Tower, not to forget this is a more realistic 210m as opposed to 700m.

btw, the Maitreya Buddha is not cancelled, in fact there are now two projects, the Kushinagar one and a Bodhgaya one.
Yes, most of ISKCON's project materialized because they are one of the richest. I really hope for this project. Prem mandir cost 150Cr to build. I think this temple definitely get build may not be in next 5 years but in 10 year.
Old April 4th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #11
India101

Photo's from the Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir foundation stone laying ceremony:

[IMG]http://i57.************/1z65n51.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i57.************/f5k6p.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.************/2s1r4hc.jpg[/IMG]

More Images

Another render:

[IMG]http://i61.************/10wpaok.jpg[/IMG]

A larger view of a temple hall:
Old April 4th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #12
World8115

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwarOnline View Post
No you cannot change font/style... those pics taken to my recent trip to Vrindavan, yes if ever go there, go by evening or just google pics of prem mandir.
No I was talking about the title of the articles looks in different style/font. I know that users cannot change it

KuwarOnline liked this post
Old April 4th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #13
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

Wow I got reply from them, they are ready to share images!!!!!
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #14
chennaisky
Da Boss

Likes (Received): 149

Beautiful!!
Old April 10th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #15
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1538

Looks very plain and too western.

I prefer Indian style domes, canopy and artwork on the walls. Only differentiators is its size.

sakrishna, Metroseth, Licit Mortal liked this post
Illusionist está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:59 AM   #16
KuwarOnline
kuwaronline

More updated article and with images now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrinda...drodaya_Mandir
Old August 18th, 2014, 03:47 AM   #17
m_1973
msg

Likes (Received): 3186

Digging work to start on ‘world’s tallest temple’

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/40349870.cms

AGRA: Piling work on Vrindawan Chandrodaya temple project, billed as the tallest temple in the world, will begin on Monday on the occasion of Janmashtami, officials of International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), the organization building the temple, said. Bharatarshabha Dasa, communication head, ISKCON, says the temple will stand 210 meters (700 feet) high with 70 floors and be spread across 5.5 acres at its completion, making it the tallest and largest religious structure in the world.

Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav laid the foundation stone of the temple on Holi, and now, piling work, which involves preparing a solid base for the temple structure by digging some 60 feet into the ground, will start. BJP MP from Mathura, Hema Malini, will inaugurate the digging work.

The project will cost more than Rs 300 crore and ISKCON is hoping to finish construction within five years. It will include a Lord Krishna temple built in an Indian and modern architecture style.

As per the construction plan, the temple will be surrounded by lush greenery spread across 30 acres, with a variety of plants, artificial lakes to create a feel of Krishna's Vrindavan, Dasa says. Other details include boating facilities in the Yamuna and depictions of scenes from 'Krishna leela' in the surrounding greenery. An elevator will transport visitors from the ground floor to the centre of the temple, and take them through planetary systems described in Vedic literature through a sound and light show. The elevator ride will end in a viewing gallery situated at a height of 700 feet.

Speaking about the inspiration behind the project, Dasa says,"The project will not only have a temple for the worship of Sri Krishna, but will also become a centre for disseminating the profound message of the Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam, delivered in a modern context. We wish to inculcate the glorious Vedic values in today's youth."
m_1973 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #18
Pals_RGB
u刀尺乇gノ丂イ乇尺乇d

Likes (Received): 7713

Quote:
ISKCON, says the temple will stand 210 meters (700 feet) high with 70 floors and be spread across 5.5 acres at its completion, making it the tallest and largest religious structure in the world.
It will be the tallest temple in the world, not the tallest religious structure in the world. A 290m tall mosque is already under construction in Algiers, Algeria (by chinese investments) which will become the tallest religious structure in the world.
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:10 PM   #19
World8115

And I dont think it will be largest (area) either - Akshardham Delhi, Srirangam, Angkor Wat are larger I think and many other large projects are proposed like Virat Ramayan Mandir, Maitreya Project, Mayapur Temple etc.,

skganji liked this post
Old August 18th, 2014, 10:10 PM   #20
cncity

Likes (Received): 146

Who is paying for the construction?

~~~~~~ Pune, India ~~~~~~ North Mumbai, India ~~~~~~
cncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote