daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 24th, 2009, 07:09 AM   #1
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

Likes (Received): 238

PAG | Pagadian Airport

New Pagadian airport readies for take-off
(July 28, 2009)

NEW PAGADIAN AIRPORT. Two years after their last flight from this airport, locals of Pagadian city and Zamboanga del Sur expect to have an upgraded airport by December 2009, with operations targeted to commence in September. As of the latest Mindanao Super Region Monitoring Report of MEDCo, about 94.9 percent of the Php379.46 million airport upgrading project has already been implemented. Also shown here (inset) is a photo of an unfinished portion of the runway extension component taken last May.

PAGADIAN CITY --- Locals here and in the nearby provinces of Zamboanga del Sur will no longer have to travel hours to the next city to fly to any domestic and international destination, as the newly-upgraded Pagadian Airport is set tore-open in September.

Airport officials here expressed hope that Pagadian will revitalize links with the rest of the country as the ongoing upgrading of the Pagadian airport is seen to revive flights, which have been suspended since smaller aircrafts tended the airport last May 2007.

At the recently concluded 12th Mindanao Super Region (MSR) meeting here, local leaders pushed for the speedy completion of critical infrastructure in Mindanao such as the Pagadian Airport along with the upgrading of Mindanao airports and road improvement projects that will harness Mindanao’s agri-industrial and tourism potentials.

“By fast tracking the upgrading of our airports, we will be able to improve our connectivity with the rest of the country," said Usec. Virgilio Leyretana,Sr. MEDCo Chair and MSR Deputy Development Champion.

Recent data from the project monitoring visit of MEDCo earlier this month show that around 94.9 percent of the total Php379.46 million worth of improvement and development projects that have been committed for the said airport project has already been implemented.

Concreting of the airport’s existing runway, apron and construction of new flight-service station (FSS) and Powerhouse buildings have been ongoing while three preconstruction stage projects have already been bid out. These include the construction of administration building, rehabilitation of existing terminal building, widening and extension of runway (under CY 2009), and construction of perimeter fence.

Leyretana added that the rehabilitation and construction of airport facilities will contribute to safe and efficient airport operations, as well as ensure safer and smoother landings.

Other airport development projects under the MSR in the Zamboanga region include the upgrading of the Php478.05-million Dipolog airport and the Php428.5-million Zamboanga Airport development project which are also targeted for completion by the end of the year.

The airport development projects are being implemented by the Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC) in close coordination of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) under the MSR development strategy.

The airport development projects here are among the 38 projects under the Mindanao Super Region, with 9 big ticket projects already completed.

These include the Php11.285-billion 210-MW Mindanao Clean Coal-fired Power Plant in Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental, the Php218-million 950 KV Photovoltaic Power Plant in Cagayan de Oro, the Php2.1-billion Diosdado Macapagal Bridge in Butuan City, the Php984.121-million Manay-Mati Road Section of the Surigao-Davao Coastal Road, the Php90 Million Hawilian-Salug-Sinakungan Road of Agusan del Sur, the Php 453.04-million Davao port development project, the Php 608.06-million Cagayan de Oro port development project, the Php74.82 Million Balbagon Port Improvement Project in Camiguin, Mambajao and the Php 2.616-billion flood control component of the Lower Agusan Development Project in Butuan City, as well as the completion of 13 out 15 hospital upgrading projects.

Ongoing MSR projects include 2 provincial hospital upgrading project, 7 national roads construction projects, 8 airport development projects, and 2 irrigation projects. Of the total Php 88.19 billion worth of MSR projects, 55.39 percent or Php48.85 billion funds have been released.

Source: Mindanao Economic Development Council (MEDCo)

Visit Other Zamboanga del Norte Threads

Dipolog Airport Thread 2

Last edited by dashalvin; September 25th, 2009 at 07:32 AM.
dashalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 24th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #2
zoroethgenre_003
rex the traveller

Likes (Received): 94

may plano ba ang mga airline companies to operate in the Pagadian-Manila route?
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Sky Harbor
Green + Maroon = Blue. :D

Likes (Received): 38

They say PAL Express is supposed to restart the route. Zest could also restart their old service to PAG as they flew MNL-PAG when they were still Asian Spirit. As for Cebu Pacific, I don't know.
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #4
zoroethgenre_003
rex the traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Harbor View Post
They say PAL Express is supposed to restart the route. Zest could also restart their old service to PAG as they flew MNL-PAG when they were still Asian Spirit. As for Cebu Pacific, I don't know.
that's good..i think Philippine Airlines was the last airline company to operate in the airport..
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Sky Harbor

The last airline to serve Pagadian is Asian Spirit, back in 2006, if I remember correctly.
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #6
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

According to blue, 5J's ATR will serve PGD but I don't know if it will be used for Cebu or Manila hub.

Dipolog Airport Thread 2
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #7
zoroethgenre_003
rex the traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Harbor View Post
The last airline to serve Pagadian is Asian Spirit, back in 2006, if I remember correctly.
ah really? pero i think it was just seasonal..
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #8
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

I think Pagadian's popu of approx 180K is feasible for PR and 5J to use their A319 in this airport. Besides the city and the nearby municipalities contribute
to a bulk of passengers to OZC traffic.

Dipolog Airport Thread 2
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #9
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

Nope, Asian Spirit flies daily to PGD using Bae planes and nakaintroduced din ang SEAIR ng flight from its Cebu hub.

Dipolog Airport Thread 2
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #10
Blueleo

Likes (Received): 1883

Pag-Ceb flights ng 5J muna mauuna then susunod na siguro ang Pag-Mnl flights later. Nag inspect na ang taga 5J sa Pag airport

Last edited by Blueleo; September 25th, 2009 at 03:30 AM.
Blueleo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:19 AM   #11
d_jeb
makalibog

Likes (Received): 126

Airport details please....
d_jeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:43 AM   #12
marlowe_cano

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashalvin View Post
I think Pagadian's popu of approx 180K is feasible for PR and 5J to use their A319 in this airport. Besides the city and the nearby municipalities contribute
the forefactor would really be the runway condition including its length moreover the population. Let me ask, what is the length of the runway after completing its renovation?
marlowe_cano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:47 AM   #13
Sky Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashalvin View Post
Population is irrelevant. What matters here is demand. If there is no demand for flights to Pagadian, they won't fly there.
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #14
jerryandanna

Likes (Received): 0

I'm wondering if they will have flights in october, because i don't think they will be any flights this month. I can't wait until march, that will be when i will visit pagadian, and pitogo del sur
jerryandanna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:55 AM   #15
Blueleo

Post old and new pics pls.
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:01 AM   #16
Blueleo

i think i read somewhere na either Nov. or Dec ang opening ng Pag airport. Kapag na delay pa, 1st quarter nxt year na opening nyan ....
Old September 26th, 2009, 02:31 AM   #17
qwert_guy
Not Registered

Likes (Received): 136

initial reports said that next month will be its kickoff... they are done with the curing period and fencing the runway is on its way to the finish...

Gwapo Pagadian
qwert_guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 02:56 AM   #18
qwert_guy
Not Registered

Likes (Received): 136

this was during asian spirit's reign...

Gwapo Pagadian
qwert_guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #19
buenos-Diaz
Samboangan Boy

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert_guy View Post

this was during asian spirit's reign...

Diba may flight na dati ung Asian Spirit?but wat happen di ba malaksa ung loading ng airlines?
Sardines Capital of the Philippines
Orgullo de Mindanao
City of Flowers
buenos-Diaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #20
dashalvin
Filipinoziliano

Natigil yon dahil inayos ang airport 2 years ago. Kung di yon inayos, Asian Spirit continue their daily PGD-MNL flights using Bae planes while SEAIR continue their PGD-CEB route using Dornier 32 plane.

Dipolog Airport Thread 2