daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 18th, 2017, 12:12 AM   #3861
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3408

Also, probably worth its own thread
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2017, 12:32 AM   #3862
Leesome

Likes (Received): 1963

Random side question - none of this land has anything to do with the tentative rumour about Bowen Hills land for a potential Brissie Olympic bid, does it? (I remember people talking more about the rail yards, but I'm not sure where any of the boundaries are)
Leesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 12:43 AM   #3863
KJBrissy

I don't think anyones sure.
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
Old November 18th, 2017, 02:02 AM   #3864
Garevans

Likes (Received): 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesome View Post
Random side question - none of this land has anything to do with the tentative rumour about Bowen Hills land for a potential Brissie Olympic bid, does it? (I remember people talking more about the rail yards, but I'm not sure where any of the boundaries are)
This is to develop the area south of the ICB and North of Campell st it looks.

The Rail yards are north of the ICB so not included in this development

Leesome liked this post
Garevans no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 02:04 AM   #3865
Samuel77
Decisive Fencesitter

Likes (Received): 2204

@lee

I've raised the mayne rails as an Olympic site several times. Not sure if anyone else with more credibility than me has also, so you could just thinking about my thought bubble.

Regardless this was always private land, and never entered my considerations. In my area calculations, mayne rails yards would be a very compact Olympic site (not necessary a bad thing), and possible resumption of property could be done to the north and across brekky creek itself and possibly across Abbortsford Rd if required. But the benefit of the site for (Olympic bid) is its centrally located, close to cbd, and has lots of close infrastructure, including Road (ICB), Public transport and other close sporting infrastructure.

Anyway, back to the subject, this development is great. And it's a blessing that I'm struggling to find the existing tallie (with the lime color scheme - I forget what it's called) in amongst the News limited proposal.

This development would replace the existing industry to the south of mayne rail yards including the Courier Mail building. I can only see this as a fantastic proposal so close to a train station.

Leesome liked this post

Last edited by Samuel77; November 18th, 2017 at 02:10 AM.
Samuel77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 02:56 AM   #3866
flipst3r

Likes (Received): 1864

801 Ann Street APPROVED!

89-91 Mclachlan Street APPROVED!

Old November 18th, 2017, 03:40 AM   #3867
finn

Likes (Received): 2211

Took this photo yesterday - you can see Aveo has topped out with their signage erected up on the top right corner of the building.

And interestingly, geotech drilling happening on one of the Mirvac sites in the foreground.

LordMayhem, Aussie Bhoy liked this post
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2017, 04:15 AM   #3868
LordMayhem

Likes (Received): 308

It looks like a watermark
LordMayhem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:35 PM   #3869
BNEcivilENG

Likes (Received): 38

I noticed a drilling rig in the news ltd site by the rail line a about 2-3 weeks ago, I assumed it was for Crr but it didn't make sense as track is at grade in this location. If geotechnical is being conducted for millinium square (is it just me that thinks this name is 20 years out if date). This design proposal may be more than just an attempt to dictate the EDQ plan due for release. The stage one rebuild of a media building is significant, custom built, fit for purpose media tower would be a smart move, and this area has dedicated internet connection, guaranteed power (same backup circuit as hospital).

May see some detailed plans sooner rather than later! Great for the area, and free up a lot of space for other high-rise. I always thought that when Murdock passed on the empire would crumble, and this site would become a focus for development, seems the dark lords power may be on the wane.
BNEcivilENG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:39 PM   #3870
bribri

Likes (Received): 1256

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Took this photo yesterday - you can see Aveo has topped out with their signage erected up on the top right corner of the building.

And interestingly, geotech drilling happening on one of the Mirvac sites in the foreground.

Buildings not finished of course but they had those signs lit up last night. Looked quite good seeing a bit of lit signage on top of a building there, adds to the sense of a growing cluster of high rises in Newstead.

Eastern37 liked this post
bribri está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 12:03 PM   #3871
flipst3r

Likes (Received): 1864

470 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley | DEV2017/891

14 floor office ~73m

The 14 storey commercial tower proposal for 470 St Pauls Terrace is envisaged as a high-quality addition to the growing number of developments occurring in the emerging RNA precinct. The proposal is structured around 18,166 m2 of commercial office GFA, 91 carparks over 2 levels and the provision of club facilities that include 104 bikes, 200 lockers and 17 showers.

The proposed site is located on the corner of Constance Street and St Pauls Terrace, underpinned by the Jubilee Hotel, a cornerstone state heritage building, and with the M7 Clem Jones Tunnel running diagonally through the site. The ground plane opens up with a proposed public plaza that creates a new laneway connection to the redeveloped hotel beer garden but also opens up and rediscovers the “jewel” that is the Jubilee Hotel.

The key architectural components of the proposal are:
• A new public open space, in the form of an approximately 250m2 plaza adjacent to, and accessed from, St Pauls Terrace.
• The new plaza will be activated by the hotel/restaurant/commercial lobby and retail tenancy, and will provide an engaging landscape design.
• Retaining and rejuventating a state heritage landmark - the Jubilee Hotel
• The development propses commercial land use diversification and innovation, including a “start up” hub in the lower levels, providing a place for innovation and collaboration.
• The building’s distinctive structural solution is external to the proposed glazing line pursued for its lightweight approach - desirable above the CLEM7 tunnel - its ability to cantilever above the heritage place, and its construction innovation.
• An offset core to the proposed commercial floor plate that archives efficiency of workplace and can provide up to an occupant density of 1 in 8.
• Critically applied sustainable design consideration - targetting 6 Star Green Star, 5 Star NABERS and Gold WELL Building Standard.

Last edited by flipst3r; November 23rd, 2017 at 12:14 PM.
flipst3r está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 12:08 PM   #3872
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 915

Wow very nice. I like.
SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 12:47 PM   #3873
KJBrissy

Looks great!
Old November 23rd, 2017, 01:11 PM   #3874
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3046

Great looking building!
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 03:17 PM   #3875
bribri

Don’t like the overhang above the Jubilee.

TOCC liked this post
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:42 PM   #3876
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 9249

Almost like a pint-sized One One One Eagle Street. While I would have preferred it to not overhang over the Jubilee, at least it's only a relatively minor overhang.

TOCC liked this post
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 11:10 PM   #3877
TOCC

Likes (Received): 2590

Reduce the overhang by a couple of meters and it’s a great building for the area
TOCC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 11:34 PM   #3878
bribri

Still against it. That bottle shop serves as a valuable local meeting point for the boarding house community. Where will they get their goon if this is built?

nathandavid88 liked this post
Old November 24th, 2017, 12:37 AM   #3879
michael_n_

Likes (Received): 546

Brilliant build now
Old November 24th, 2017, 01:02 AM   #3880
finn

Likes (Received): 2211

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri View Post
Still against it. That bottle shop serves as a valuable local meeting point for the boarding house community. Where will they get their goon if this is built?
They can get more affordably priced goon if the wander a little further to First Choice at the Waterloo!
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote