daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Indonesia Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolitan Construction and Development > Jakarta

Jakarta » Bodetabek

Old August 28th, 2004, 01:51 AM   #1
passion4architecture

Likes (Received): 0

[JAKARTA] The Proposed, On-Hold, Envisioned, Projects

THE PROPOSED, ON-HOLD, ENVISIONED, MYSTERIOUS PROJECTS

Dear Indonesia Forum Members,
I decided to start a new thread for all the envisioned & proposed projects in Jakarta that got either got postponed or axed altogether, notably those pre-Asian Crisis.
I'm compiling more, so be patient. Enjoy.
ciao tutti,
dian

PS: I need help on how to post bigger pics/rendering. I hate those small images below. Somebody!!!! HELP!!@#!!!???!!!
------------------------

PLAZA GALERIA, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Jakarta's CBD

This mixed-use project is situated along one of the busiest sections of Jakarta's Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, the premier boulevard of Jakarta. The building program consists of a 48 story office tower, a 21 story five-star hotel, a 21 story luxury condominium building, and a 6 story retail base. Three levels of subterranean parking spread out beneath the entire 3.5 hectare site. The gross area of construction is approximately 250,000 square meters (2.7 million square feet).

Plaza Galeria [Bird's Eye View]

Plaza Galeria [Mall Rotunda]

Plaza Galeria [Original Proposed J.W. Marriott Hotel]

KOTA KASABLANKA, Mixed-Use Dev., Jl. Kasablanka, Jakarta's CBD

The Kota Kasablanka project consists of a retail mall, a hotel, a 30 story office tower, and two twin 32 story residential towers over four levels of subterranean parking and building services. The total gross area of construction is approximately 48,000 square meters for the office, 90,000 square meters for the apartments, 500 square meters of pool deck, 1,000 square meters of clubhouse on the ground floor, and the basement area of 63,000 square meters.

The superstructure system of the Office tower consists of a reinforced concrete shear wall core and perimeter ductile moment resisting frame. Due to the long lease spans a beam-slab floor system was utilized. The Residential towers are also configured with a similar dual system to resist seismic loads. To accommodate various floor plans a two-way flat slab supported on the moment frame beams was utilized. The substructure utilizes two-way flat slabs and the complete project is supported on bored pile foundations.

Kota Kasablanka [Office Tower, 30F]

Kota Kasablanka [Apartment Towers, 32F]

KOTA CIPUTRA, Mixed-Use Dev, Jl. Kasablanka, Jakarta's CBD

(5-Star Diamond Peninsula Hotel & 4-Star Ciputra Hotel)
28 story, Ciputra Hotel - 30 story, Podium (Retail) - 9 story, Basement - 3 level

Kota Ciputra [View from Jl. Kasablanka]

Last edited by passion4architecture; August 31st, 2004 at 05:00 AM.
passion4architecture no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 28th, 2004, 02:15 AM   #2
Yamauchi
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 29

Your pics aren't small, they are simply hyperlinks to larger images. Just click on them. To make them larger find this code at the top of the page:

And simply paste it. There is no reason to use the thumbnail option that you have been copying.
Yamauchi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 02:23 AM   #3
passion4architecture

Hi Yamauchi,
Thx 4 the advice. I'll try again using the top link on imageshack, as u suggested.
ciao, dian
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:39 AM   #4
passion4architecture

Thamrin Exchange Square, Jl. Thamrin, Jakarta's CBD

Proposed Mixed-Use Development on Jl. Thamrin in Jakarta’s CBD
24-floor Office Towers, Retail & 36-floor Hotel/Apartment [undisclosed]
[located between Sari Pacific Hotel & BDN Building]

------
MOST CURRENT STATUS: Unfortunately, the project was shelved, mid-way during construction, last year [2003]. See foll. news excerpt from Kompas [sorry in Indonesian only].

Kamis, 06 Februari 2003, 19:01 WIB

Dihentikan, Pembangunan Thamrin Exchange Square

Jakarta, KCM

Karena alasan-alasan yang belum diketahui, pembangunan Thamrin Exchange Square yang sedianya dimulai tahun ini di kawasan Jalan Thamrin dan Sabang, Jakarta Pusat, dihentikan.

Hartadi Widjojo, principal dari Raine & Horne Thamrin, Kamis (6/2), mengungkapkan, sedianya pembangunan kompleks pusat perbelanjaan, apartemen dan ruangan kantor ini, sudah akan dimulai awal 2003 dan dijadwalkan rampung serta dioperasikan pada 2005.

"Namun kami mendengar proyek telah dihentikan karena alasan-alasan yang belum jelas," ujar Hartadi, yang mengaku tidak mengetahui dengan jelas nama perusahaan pengembang yang akan melaksanakan proyek ini.

Namun brosur mengenai penawaran apartemen dan ruang di pusat perbelanjaan di Thamrin Exchange Square (TES) menyebutkan penyerahan rekening pembayaran dialamatkan kepada PT Bumi Perkasa Propertindo. Rencananya, TES merupakan semacam superblok yang terdiri dari pusat perbelanjaan (shopping mall) setinggi empat lantai dengan 904 unit kios, satu menara yang menawarkan 184 unit apartemen, dan juga sebuah gedung perkantoran.

Tidak diketahui dengan jelas siapa pemilik lahan, dan berapa nilai investasi yang dibutuhkan untuk penyelesaiannya. (Ant/prim)

Last edited by passion4architecture; September 14th, 2004 at 05:48 AM.
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #5
Alvin

Likes (Received): 26

I heard that this project has been redesigned
Alvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 09:31 PM   #6
passion4architecture

Do u have any diff rendering of the redesigned version. The good news is that u've heard about it, so it means it's probably going to be built. I found the rendering @ 3designarchitect.com.
ciao, dian
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:07 AM   #7
Mahaputra
Jakarta : Home sweet Home

so.. its still going yeah?? that's good.. cause I havent heard news about this project for yearsss
Mahaputra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:28 AM   #8
passion4architecture

Niaga Tower II + Niaga Tower I (Right) - Jakarta
STATUS: Niaga Tower 1 completed. Niaga Tower 2, status: unclear.

Kota Kanal Batavia, Mixed-Use Dev. [Batavia City]
Jl. Mas Mansyur, Jakarta’s CBD
238,000 sqm
STATUS: Menara Batavia and Batavia Apartments are completed, Shopping Center was never constructed.

Westin Hotel – Jakarta37 story & 4 level basement
STATUS: Construction reached podium level and part of the tower [5 floors] when it was construction ceased due to the Asian Crisis in ‘98.

A 550-room international 5-star hotel in the heart of the Jakarta. This hotel will take the site of the old historical Kartika Plaza hotel and will have 70,000 sqm. in total area including guest facilities, parking, pool deck, indoor tennis and a 1000 persons-seated banquet hall.

PSP Office Tower – Jakarta’s CBD
Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio
45 Story + 3 level Basements (111,663 sqm)
STATUS: Land cleared. Work on foundation started when Crisis hit. Unclear.

Bank Pikko Tower, Jakarta

BDNI Center – Jakarta
60 & 43 story and 6 level basement
STATUS: Construction on main tower reached approx. 15-floors, when Asian Crisis hit and stopped the project. Unclear.

BDNI Center is a 3.3 million square foot, mixed-use complex surrounding a monumental public plaza in Jakarta's prime business district. Pei Partnership Architects' design brings together prudent urban design, generous open spaces and the highest quality building materials to achieve a distinguished, progressive and civic-minded private development.
Information
· -3.3-million sq. ft. (307,000 m˛) mixed-use development in heart of Jakartas CBD
· -Large scale urban design and site planning on 6.6-acre superblock
· -Two office towers, concourse retail shopping and 2000-car underground garage
· -Auditorium, two-level banking hall and extensive landscaping and water elements
· -Innovative structure provides economic solution to high-rise building
Architect
Ř Pei Partnership Architects
Ř L.C. Pei, Partner-in-Charge

SENOPATI Mixed-Used Dev., Jakarta, Indonesia
[Location: Undisclosed]
The office building is a sleek and modern-looking tower using curved shapes to create a sophisticated interplay between the three-level retail-mall base and the clean and modern masses of a 40-story office tower and a 28-story residential tower.

KEBON MELATI Mixed-Use Dev., Jakarta, Indonesia
[Location: area Behind Hotel Indonesia & Plaza Indonesia]
The product of a design competition, this urban destination includes ample parking and provides easy circulation throughout towered and terraced residences, a retail/hotel atrium, 4- and 5-star hotel options, diverse entertainment, office and convention facilities, and a waterside promenade.

Menara Kencana, Mixed-Use Dev., Jakarta
[NOTE: unsure about exact location, but looks suspiciously like the currently u/c Ritz-Carlton/Airlangga Dev. in Mega Kuningan]

Complete proposal for a mixed use complex of over 340,000 sqm. In it with 470 luxury duplex residential apartment units, 12,000 sqm. of retail space and 90,000 sqm. of office space.
The twin office and residential towers are 67 story mixed use buildings, which includes a five star international hotel, serviced luxury apartments and state of the art office space.

Menara Merdeka, Jakarta
[Status: Unclear] 185,000 sqm

Embassy Suites Hotel, Jakarta
[Status: Unclear] 31-Floor Twin Towers

63 Sudirman Office Tower, Jakarta
[Status: Unclear] 32-Floors
A 32 story office building with 52,000 sqm Gross Floor Area in the banking center of Jakarta.

Bumimas Square, Jakarta
[Status: Unclear] 308,000 sqm

6 tower, strata title and for lease, mixed use development of 333,000sqm GFA

Office Space 190,000
Hotel 20,000
Apartments 11,000
Retail 1,500
F&B/Entertainment 6,000
Grand Lobby 3,000
Health Club : 1,500
Parking : 100,000
(3218 cars below grade)

Mulia Mall, Mixed-Use Dev., Jakarta
[Status: Unclear]

Plaza Indonesia 2 [Extension], Jakarta
[Status: Unclear]

Sheraton Towers @ Sudirman Square, Jakarta
[Status: Formerly known as Anggana Danamon Dev., construction of hotel to start in early '05]

The 60 storey Sheraton Jakarta Towers occupy the northwest corner of the Anggara Danamon Development in the heart of Jakarta's financial district. The project consists of 42,000 square meters of luxury hotel and its support facilities, 39,000 square meters of luxury apartments and their amenities, and parking to support the overall development. The total gross area of construction is approximately 108,000 square meters (1.2 million square feet).

Due to site restraints and exposure considerations, the development is configured into a podium for hotel functions, and two intersecting blocks - a trapezoidal low block and a rectangular high block. The apartments, which are located above the hotel spaces, offer tenants spectacular views of the city in all directions, and of the lush tropical environment south of the Towers.

Last edited by passion4architecture; September 7th, 2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old August 31st, 2004, 05:01 AM   #9
Alvin

What a great post!

Niaga TOwer II will resume construction next year, apparently will be taller than its original design (origianlly 40 storey, now it will be 50 +).
Old August 31st, 2004, 06:19 AM   #10
Mahaputra
Jakarta : Home sweet Home

is it confirmed?the niaga tower 2? that'll be a great addition to the skyline
and what's happened to menara kencana, I heard about that project before.. and havent heard about it since... hope, that it's gonna be built, I like the design, pluse the height, wow... eheheh it'll be great if all these buildings are resumed or built.. we'll have a superb skyline
Mahaputra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 06:28 AM   #11

whoa that kebon melati thing looks realllly cool.. the big glass pyramid thing and all.. is it a mall inside? i think it looks real nice.. but the graha niaga 2 building looks kinda.. un-sleek.. haha hope they redesigned it
627 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 06:38 AM   #12
passion4architecture

Hi Everyone,
Re: the Kebon Melati project, I don't know the status of this at all. Maybe someone has more updated information. I got this from an Architecture firm's website, I sure hope it's not part of a competition and the final result is still unknown. At least it didn't mention that in the picture, so I'm assuming that it's a real project. I do know that the Waduk Melati [Water Treatment Area of Kebon Melati... kinda like a nice lake in Downtown Jkt > now ofcourse it's surrounded by slum area] project was planned during the pre-crisis days.
So, updates are most welcome.

As for architecture of "unbuilt" buildings, here's my thought: the architect's fee normally represents a major chunk of the investment in a building/skyscraper. Therefore, if a bldg ceases construction due to financing [as is the case w/ most pre-crisis projects in Jakarta's CBD], than when it resumes, chances are they will still use the same design. They may adjust it a bit, but the major "visual look" would mostly remain the same.

I know it's a pity, coz w/ the Asian Crisis Jakarta's lost about 6-7 years of design trends. I would love to see architects like Rem Koolhas, and Frank Gehry.

ciao, dian
Old August 31st, 2004, 07:13 AM   #13
Alvin

The Plaza Indonesia Extension 2 is currently the site of the Japanese embassy and the new EX shopping center. So I doubt that that extension will be built, although I've heard that the EX is a temporary building susceptible to demolition if an investor wants to build a larger project in the area.
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:18 AM   #14
Alvin

Menara Kencana - a bigger pic!

Old August 31st, 2004, 10:21 AM   #15
Alvin

The Westin

Old August 31st, 2004, 01:37 PM   #16
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 875

I have to be honest....those projects look awsome except this one, it looks TOO similar to BOC in HK, I just cant bare it....just TOO SIMILAR.

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:31 PM   #17
tata
there's no free lunch

Likes (Received): 2

Chad, it's NOT too similar. It's the same!!! Perhaps the number of storeys are different.
Don't be surprise, because the architect is the same guy....

Bus Rapid Transportation Database, BRT Part 1, BRT Part 2
tata no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 05:29 PM   #18
joko
Hendarto

Is Kebon Melati the same as Waduk Melati?
Pusat Grosir Jakarta/Jakarta City Centre (Waduk Melati-Tanah Abang) is under construction at Waduk Melati-behind Hotel Indonesia.....

joko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 07:18 PM   #19
passion4architecture

Alvin, thx 4 the Menara Kencana pic, but it didn't come out. Pls. re-post.

Q: does anyone have a different rendering of the orig. Sheraton Towers/St. Regis project @ Anggana Danamon? [the 65-story Sudirman Square - strata title - project today] when it was first planned as part of the Anggana Danamon superblock > architect: Pei Cobb Freed.

thx, dian
Old August 31st, 2004, 09:34 PM   #20
passion4architecture

incorrect entry

Last edited by passion4architecture; August 31st, 2004 at 09:40 PM.