search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2016, 03:05 PM   #961
SideStreetShadow

Likes (Received): 11

My only problem with the above rendering of the building is that they would have to get the glass and exposed concrete finish just right to look as good that image suggests. Even though the concrete shear walls aren't attractive at least they're broken up so its not just one wide lifeless side of the building. They could also still pull a 220 CPS move and put some fake windows over the exposed shear walls. I doubt this one will come out looking as good as 50 West Street regardless of the glass
SideStreetShadow no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2016, 06:53 PM   #962
punchydj

Likes (Received): 226

Hi guys!

There is the progress in the construction during the the second quarter of 2016

Thank you!!!

Otto Diesel liked this post
punchydj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 12:38 PM   #963
Otto Diesel

Likes (Received): 82

any new construction pictures?!
Did it reach street level yet??
Otto Diesel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 10:46 PM   #964
hotwheels123

Likes (Received): 177

Updated Renderings for 125 Greenwich Released

Quote:
Lower Manhattan is the most densely populated county in America, with 70,826 people per square mile. This density in population calls for building upward, and developers in the area have answered the call by building plenty of skyscrapers. One of the newest additions to Manhattan's soaring skyline will be 125 Greenwich, an 88-storey condominium building. Located in the financial district, 125 Greenwich will offer 275 compact housing units ranging from 400-square-foot studios to 2500-square-foot three-bedroom apartments. The building was designed by Raphael Vinoly Architects and developed by Michael Shvo, Bizzi + Partners Development, and Howard Lorber’s Vector Group.
hotwheels123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 04:33 AM   #965
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Likes (Received): 8339

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels123 View Post
Already posted in the previous pages.

THE UNITED CITIES OF AMERICA
Atlanta (6,466,178) - Boston (8,210,090) - Chicago (9,941,580) - Cleveland (3,488,694) - Dallas (7,656,980) - Denver (3,486,533) - Detroit (5,320,098) - Houston (7,019,591)
Los Angeles (18,858,083) - Miami (6,762,595) - Minneapolis (3,907,177) - New York (23,867,446) - Orlando (3,198,461) - Philadelphia (7,209,138) - Phoenix (4,659,287)
Portland (3,153,016) - San Diego (3,344,902) - San Francisco (8,838,356) - Seattle (4,675,439) - Tampa (3,017,827) - Washington (9,752,723) (Est Pop 9/1/16)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 10:57 PM   #966
Hudson11
psst look at my signature

Likes (Received): 17211

the construction appears to have reached street level, as seen in photos by rbrome on NY YIMBY's forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 05:26 AM   #967
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideStreetShadow View Post
My only problem with the above rendering of the building is that they would have to get the glass and exposed concrete finish just right to look as good that image suggests. Even though the concrete shear walls aren't attractive at least they're broken up so its not just one wide lifeless side of the building. They could also still pull a 220 CPS move and put some fake windows over the exposed shear walls. I doubt this one will come out looking as good as 50 West Street regardless of the glass

That huge vertical exposed concrete wall has a great potential to look like shit when finished. It doesn't even look good on the rendering...
generalscarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 09:44 PM   #968
Otto Diesel

I go there later on, maybe tomorrow, keep you updated
Old July 30th, 2016, 11:10 PM   #969
ThomasK2001

Likes (Received): 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Diesel View Post
I'll be there in Mid-August, I'll definitely be getting pics of the site

Otto Diesel liked this post
ThomasK2001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 11:41 PM   #970
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 3928

It's above ground indeed. Still pretty slow compared to 111 Murray just a few blocks down, which started excavation after this one and is already above ground.

It will be fun watching it rise from Liberty Park.

Old August 2nd, 2016, 06:53 AM   #971
prageethSL

Likes (Received): 1762

Credit: rbrome

Munwon, mafd12 liked this post
prageethSL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 10:38 AM   #972
Elok Permata

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Here's a video of the louver system that Selldorf is employing for this tower:

nice
Elok Permata no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 10:38 AM   #973
Elok Permata

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Diesel View Post
hehe
Elok Permata no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 07:17 PM   #974
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 17644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
It's above ground indeed. Still pretty slow compared to 111 Murray just a few blocks down, which started excavation after this one and is already above ground.
Why are there no cranes yet? I'm sure it will pick up speed then.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 10:36 PM   #975
Otto Diesel

So on the construction fence, it says it actually just gonna be 71 stories

Munwon, alley cat liked this post
Old August 5th, 2016, 01:52 PM   #976
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 3928

Seems like the roof will reach 898' and the crown will take it to around 1000'

http://vinoly.com/works/125-greenwich-street/
Quote:
VIÑOLY requested a zoning variance that would allow for a building perimeter with larger floor plates in exchange for a reduced building height from the previously approved scheme—70 stories down from the permitted 85. The lower height provides a respectful adjacency to the buildings on the new World Trade Center complex that are newly built and under construction. Despite the larger footprint, the tower extends its glass façade, more than its structural mass, to the site edge. Two I-beam-shaped shear walls support the building core and eliminate all but four of the interior columns.

With a reduced setback requirement and a nearly column-free interior, the tower’s floor plan accommodates both generosity and flexibility in planning the apartment layouts. The resulting parallelogram-shaped residential floor plates rise up a height of 274 meters (898 feet), in a prism that captures nearby and distant views for residents. Floor-to-ceiling glazing opens up the units to light and expansive views, while open dining/kitchen configurations and comfortable living and sleeping areas generate a perception that the units are larger than they are.

Hexagonal mechanical floors, which act as structural wind breaks, sit in between the two large volumes of residential units. These mechanical floors also act as a visual break in the tower’s glass façade as it rises from an 8-story base. Amenities for residents, including conferencing facilities, fitness and spa facilities, a grotto, squash courts, a library, game area, demo kitchen, and tech bar, crown the building. Locating these facilities in the upper floors rather than on a residential floor gives each apartment unit a panoramic view of New York City.

At ground level, three floors of retail space line both street facades. These lower-level floor plates extend to the property line, reinforcing the street edge and forming an active urban backdrop to the World Trade Center’s cultural and civic spaces to the north.

Old August 5th, 2016, 04:44 PM   #977
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 2711

Whatever I might think of the exterior aesthetics, I certainly can't help but appreciate Viñoly's adherence to function-before-form:

Quote:
Two I-beam-shaped shear walls support the building core and eliminate all but four of the interior columns. With a reduced setback requirement and a nearly column-free interior, the tower’s floor plan accommodates both generosity and flexibility in planning the apartment layouts.
These apartments are going to be spectacular, and in that regard, this tower is sure to be a success.

In the case of 432 Park, it wasn't until it was nearly finished that I began to appreciate how it looked on top of that abstract appreciation of the architect's process and principles. I find the renders of this tower to be pretty awkward too (although maybe not as jarring as I thought 432 was when it was first revealed), so here's hoping that it also turns out better once it's constructed.

cnbnca liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 04:55 PM   #978
BLACK DAHLIA
SEVERED!!

....Just wonder how long the land where Deutsche Bank was is gonna stay unbuilt.
Sorry for 125 G views but I don't like that cheap looking W hotel building.

MarshallKnight, PsyLock liked this post
BLACK DAHLIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 05:14 AM   #979
Hudson11
psst look at my signature

Likes (Received): 17211

this tower might need to get the cane from the supertalls section. This contextual rendering clearly depicts the tower shorter than the 977' Four WTC.

MarshallKnight, Bugenhagen liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2016, 05:58 AM   #980
mindgoessnap

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DAHLIA View Post
....Just wonder how long the land where Deutsche Bank was is gonna stay unbuilt.
Sorry for 125 G views but I don't like that cheap looking W hotel building.
Well... given that they're building the a new Orthodox church and adjacent park directly on top of where the Deutsche Bank tower used to sit, I'm gonna go with "never".
mindgoessnap no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
125 greenwich, 22 thames, new york