daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Old August 27th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #381
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutukLim View Post
Can somebody explain to me how Malindo Air a full service airline can use KLIA2 and pay lower airport charges.
Maybe you can ask MAHB ???
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 27th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #382
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Can somebody explain to me how Malindo Air a full service airline can use KLIA2 and pay lower airport charges.

They are taking delivery of a lot of planes and using 2 hubs, KLIA2 and Subang. Looks like they will give AA very stiff competition which is the only money making set-up for AA now.

With MAS downsizing AA is about the only airline with extensive domestic network in Malaysia. Yet TF mentioned on TV it is the price cutting by MAS and nothing about Malindo that bothers him.
Malindo considers itself a hybrid carrier rather than a full on LCC (somewhat like Valuair) it seems.
ScuderiaVincero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2014, 02:52 PM   #383
Tapageur

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
OD considered their company as hybrid airline; a mixture of FSC & LCC. Even though snacks and drinks (mineral water) are served, but passengers need to pay for baggage, hot meals (medium-haul flights) and soon Wifi-onboard. Free IFE, free snacks and business class amenities are the strongest point for OD to be identified as hybrid airline.

Nonetheless, any airlines, regardless of their corporate identity (LCC, FSC, Boutique, Community etc) can use KLIA2 because this terminal was considered as hybrid terminal. Thus, no restriction for any airline to operate in KLIA or KLIA2 (JetstarAsia still operate from KLIA and Lion Air used to operate from KLIA). Even Cathay Pacific can use KLIA2 but then CX may lose her premium status in the eyes of public.
Tapageur está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #384
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

Didn't stop them making a move to Chnagi's T4 though, but I see your point.
Old August 27th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #385
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 102

klia2 is one lousy terminal to begin with. Cincai finishings, poor planning and cheap materials. The apron is sinking. I'd rather stay in MTB if i were the CEO of Malindo
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #386
Tapageur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaVincero View Post
Didn't stop them making a move to Chnagi's T4 though, but I see your point.
Didn't know that. I'm not sure what CX trying to do. Changi Terminal 4 seems bad for flight connections especially inter-terminal.
Old August 27th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #387
DutukLim

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapageur View Post
OD considered their company as hybrid airline; a mixture of FSC & LCC. Even though snacks and drinks (mineral water) are served, but passengers need to pay for baggage, hot meals (medium-haul flights) and soon Wifi-onboard. Free IFE, free snacks and business class amenities are the strongest point for OD to be identified as hybrid airline.

Nonetheless, any airlines, regardless of their corporate identity (LCC, FSC, Boutique, Community etc) can use KLIA2 because this terminal was considered as hybrid terminal. Thus, no restriction for any airline to operate in KLIA or KLIA2 (JetstarAsia still operate from KLIA and Lion Air used to operate from KLIA). Even Cathay Pacific can use KLIA2 but then CX may lose her premium status in the eyes of public.
This brings up another interesting thought.
Why don't Jetstar operate from KLIA2 just like Malindo, save cost and compete better with the other LCC.
DutukLim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #388
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

It was indeed a surprise when I first read about it, though I don't think CX is aiming for connecting passengers; as of now, they don't even have fifth freedom rights out of SIN. Their market looks to be made up, almost exclusively of O&D traffic (origin and destination, for those of you out there unfamiliar with aviation jargon), so there's no real need for connectivity to other terminals.
Old August 27th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #389
Tapageur

On the other hand, AirAsia operate from T2 in SIN instead of Budget Terminal (before its closure). I think AK don't want to feed their customers to Tigerair networks. And it seems AK will stick in T2 even after the completion of T4.

Regardless of airline's nature of business, they can operate from any terminals if they think it suits with their business strategy and customers preferences. In case of SZB, only turbo-prop airliners are allowed to operate.
Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM   #390
ddes

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapageur View Post
On the other hand, AirAsia operate from T2 in SIN instead of Budget Terminal (before its closure). I think AK don't want to feed their customers to Tigerair networks. And it seems AK will stick in T2 even after the completion of T4.
AirAsia has always been in Terminal 1.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:40 AM   #391
DutukLim

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
AirAsia has always been in Terminal 1.
Yes, thought that was a typo error.
AA is just not competitive now. Even with zero fares they add on fuel surcharge and baggage which is SGD58 more than TigerAir for the SG-KUL return. Then there is the credit card charges instead of the SGD5 charge for TigerAir for payment by ASX machines countrywide.
DutukLim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:13 AM   #392
basilbaby1990

Likes (Received): 53

When malindo starting Singapore- KL service ? I heard that its on oct before,now no news
basilbaby1990 no está en línea   Reply With Quote