LILLE - DECATHLON Arena (50,187)

1M views 4K replies 328 participants last post by  Axelferis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Lille OSC

4x League:
1933, 1946, 1954, 2011

6x Cup:
1946, 1947, 1948, 1953, 1955,

:) Hi everybody here. i'm new, i'm in france .

This is the trhead of the new Stadium for the Losc (lille olympique sporting club) which played 2 last edition of Uefa champion's league.

After the rejected project of 'Grimonprez jooris 2' due to its location near an old historical Citadelle Vauban , They reflected on a total new project like Schalke04 and Amsterdam arena.

Main characteristics:

- 50186 seats
-Retractable roof
-scheduled to ??
-Not a 5 stars stadium but 7 stars stadium!!!!!!! :eek:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

reality now :

See less See more
#3,244 ·
+ such walls are better for the atmosphere :)

#3,245 ·
^^ I disagree Sercan. To let (some) daylight through is raising the atmosphere imho. See for example the Signal Iduna Park where there are no holes or openings at the of the stands, but there are windows leaving light through. That is quite an assett to a nice stadium in my opinion.

#3,248 ·
Nice atmosphre if you want to drink a cup of tea :)

#3,256 ·
Because it is perfect for camera position
No, the camera position there in Lisbon is way too high for my taste. ;)

The new stadium looks much better when playing at night. In the day time it is way too dark and too grey imho.

#3,260 ·
@EPA001-> ?? you already seen a match palyed there in the middle of day to say it is dark?
That is not necessary. All the daylight pictures are telling the same story. Under daylight conditions this stadium is way, way too dark, especially combined with that visually heavy roof construction.

Stadiums like the Amsterdam ArenA (of which I am not a fan btw) and especially the Arena Auf Schalke let loads of more daylight into the stadium. That looks much, much better imho.

#3,279 ·
attedance was 42,977