search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland > Everything else

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 14th, 2017, 02:42 AM   #1941
michael_n_

Likes (Received): 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathandavid88 View Post
Under and on awning signage has gone up for General Pants in Tara House. All the signage reads General Pants, so I don't know whether we'll be seeing a separate Ksubi shop front, as implied by the hoarding, or not. Guess we'll find out next week.
I went upstairs for a quick look at the Elizabeth - wow very impressive I hope it does well, there was only one person in the foyer waiting, but the attendant said the afternoon session of Blade Runner whatever number was sold out, which for Friday was unusual but good to hear.

I think it may be stand-alone, I know Ksubi has turned around after the disasters of the last incarnation but as you say we will see.

verbatim9 liked this post
michael_n_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM   #1942
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 9031

With the bigger news yesterday (tower on Reddacliff place and Scott Hutchison's concert venue on Brunswick Street), I forgot to mention that there is a DA (A004765459) up for a much needed renovation to the very ugly 84 Queen Street (between Next Hotel and the heritage-listed former Palings Building), which will see the building get a fully glazed facade. A huge improvement.

Retail-wise, unfortunately the proposed use is for a bank (Boo!), although the karaoke bar space in the basement will become a bar/restaurant space accessible from Burnett Lane (Yay!).
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 AM   #1943
Leesome

Likes (Received): 1935

Pics:

nathandavid88, rezel liked this post
Leesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #1944
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3241

To be honest, a bank here isn't the worst outcome. Its not a prominent position and it will hopefully allow these better sites to be tenanted by more desirable stores.
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:33 AM   #1945
bribri

Likes (Received): 1200

Roof terrace is a nice touch if a top floor restaurant goes in.
bribri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM   #1946
nathandavid88

I believe the terrace is part of the office tenancy (rec space) and not a stand alone.
Old Yesterday, 05:56 AM   #1947
John_Gill
Not_the_timber_man

Likes (Received): 32

..... says "food & drink outlet"
John_Gill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #1948
nathandavid88

The Town Planning Report says the following:

Quote:
Level 5 (Rooftop)
As part of the proposed development of the site for ‘Office’ purposes, it is also
proposed to construct a new function room on the roof of the existing building, to
be used as an ancillary recreational space that will operate entirely subordinate to
the ‘Office’ use of the building. The proposed ancillary function room will have a
GFA of 75m2.

Tags
extension, redevelopment, shopping