daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 12th, 2016, 03:21 PM   #9181
Mr Cladding

Likes (Received): 5909

The Grand Paris is an impressive piece of infrastructure. In contrast it makes Crossrail look a bit half-assed.

clouchicloucha liked this post
Mr Cladding no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 12th, 2016, 03:44 PM   #9182
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 7481

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklips View Post
Personally, I find this Bergère district in Puteaux completely tacky. The actual working class 19th and early 20th century architectural heritage of the Paris "faubourgs" is being destroyed to make way for fake and pseudo-historical urbanism. A good way to bring in so more conservative and upper-income voters who are attracted to this disney-ish architecture.
I didn't know what the Bergère eco-quartier was but I googled it and I think you're right. Outer Paris has a very rich heritage of late 19th and especially 20th century vernacular architecture, especially brick but not only, and it is a shame that it is not used for reinterpretation and continuation. Those historical pastiche buildings that are proposed really tacky indeed, in the urban context of Puteaux. I'm not sure either what the architect was thinking of, the monumental buildings look half-parisian, half central-european from the Jura area (especially because of the roofs).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
of my town.

===

/
/ Bucharest:
+

===

In Praise Of
/
Cities

eklips, charpentier liked this post
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #9183
Pew
No, no and no

Likes (Received): 132

I think none of you is right. There is not such things as 'urban context' there.. (especially near la defense..). There are nice blocks here or there with nice old buildings indded, but the place they plan to build this seems is very worth to replace by this project. And if it brings architectural diversity in the neighbourghood, we sure need to dig deep to find how to complain about the project. Even if it is very obvious to state this will seem tacky compared if they built this a century ago with real limestone
Pew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 07:11 PM   #9184
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 7481

^ I live near La Defense and I can safely say you're not right, there's actually a lot of context, a lot more than in places with uniform planning and buildings (be it hausmannian or blocks of flats). The diversity (up to randomness) of architectural types is excellent.

Not sure what is wrong with the criticising of the project based on how the buildings look in themselves, regardless of anything else - that's the kind of criticism I have. I think they're a bit ugly in the pastiche way. I didn't say that the context should normally force these buildings in a certain stylistic direction, what I said was that it would have been nice if the complex took inspiration rather in the rich architectural context of the Hauts-de-Seine.

and
of my town.

===

/
/ Bucharest:
+

===

In Praise Of
/
Cities

Gwathanaur, charpentier, Fro7en liked this post

Last edited by alexandru.mircea; February 12th, 2016 at 07:24 PM.
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 07:27 PM   #9185
Gwathanaur

Likes (Received): 128

I could not agree more. Clever, well thought and documented, tradition-inspired contemporary architecture is good. Fake neo-old perpetuating easy clichés without any regard toward the actual local context, history and particularities of the place is terrible.

i don't know the place so I'm not a good judge. What I can say is that, when i saw the renders, I thought it was a mash-up of some Disneyland theme park and the Pokemon X/Y vision of Paris (Lumiose city).

However, I'm far from sure that it will actually be terrible, if they do it right, it might not be that bad.

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Gwathanaur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 09:18 PM   #9186
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 11887

great projects!!

el palmesano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 AM   #9187
CB31

Likes (Received): 1614

DCA wins Morland Paris, on the "Réinventer Paris" bid

©David Chipperfield Architects

Quote:
Following a three-phase competitive process, David Chipperfield Architects Berlin, together with Paris-based developer Emerige, has won the Call for Projects to redevelop the ‘Boulevard Morland’ site in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. The process is part of the wider city-led urban regeneration initiative - ‘Reinventer Paris’ - calling for innovative projects to redevelop 23 sites across the city.

The winning scheme for the Boulevard Morland site both extends and opens up the existing structure which was originally built from 1957 to 1964 as a city administration building. The two top floors will integrate an inhabitable artistic installation designed by Studio Other Spaces that will house a bar and restaurant.

The redeveloped complex will contain a mixed-use programme including housing, a youth hostel, hotel facilities, offices, retail outlets and a food market, establishing a new social and public landmark for the people of Paris.
http://www.davidchipperfield.co.uk/

alexandru.mircea, Fro7en, ThatOneGuy liked this post
CB31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #9188
ThatOneGuy
Paid Shill

Much better than the last proposal.

ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects