daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.73 average.
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #1
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Likes (Received): 46

Malappuram Projects thread

Malappuram was constituted 30 years back, in the month of June. It became the 11th District of the State. Parts of the erstwhile Palghat (Ernad & Perinthalmanna Taluks) and Kozhikode (Tirur & Ponnani Taluks) Districts were delinked from the respective Districts to form Malappuram.

During the latter half of the 90s, Ernad (HQ @ Manjeri) was divided into Nilambur & Ernad; while Tirurangady evolved from Tirur. It was a commitment on the part of Mr. AK Antony, who did contest from Tirurangady in a by-election.

Malappuram District has its main railway station at Tirur (26 km from Malappuram) . However, the one at Angadyppuram is the nearest one to the District HQ (18 km). This can be developed to a major hub.

However, a major transport hub of the North Kerala namely, the Karippur (Calicut) Airport is located in this District. So does Malappuram is home to the Calicut University. Malappuram had made significant developments in IT Development.

Malappuram shares its boundaries with Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode & Wayand Districts of Kerala and with the Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu. Probably Malappuram is the District in Kerala that has the maximum number of district boundaries (after Idukki).

This thread shall be hosting postings related to the various projects & developments as happening in the District.

All are Most WELCOME

Sponsored Links

Old June 30th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #2
beam

Likes (Received): 0

Hi Jaleel,
nice to see u opening this forum. This is the birth place of EMS and also where Kottakal aryavaidyasala is based.

And let us wait for a few more days in railway budget to see whether the much awaited and proposed Nilambur-Nanjangud rail is sanctioned by E ahmed.
beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Emerging_Quilon
Emerging Quilon (EQ)

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam View Post
Hi Jaleel,
nice to see u opening this forum. This is the birth place of EMS and also where Kottakal aryavaidyasala is based.

And let us wait for a few more days in railway budget to see whether the much awaited and proposed Nilambur-Nanjangud rail is sanctioned by E ahmed.
Malappuram is culturally and literature wise very important in the annals of Kerala as the Father of our Mother Toungue was born here. It is a very beautiful place with the historic Bharata Puzha flowing through its heart. I could still cherish those days I have visited Thirunavayya and Thavanoor.

Malappuram has an airport and what it require is more investment and projects.
Emerging_Quilon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #4
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging_Quilon View Post
Malappuram is culturally and literature wise very important in the annals of Kerala as the Father of our Mother Toungue was born here. It is a very beautiful place with the historic Bharata Puzha flowing through its heart. I could still cherish those days I have visited Thirunavayya and Thavanoor.

Malappuram has an airport and what it require is more investment and projects.
Good to have a seperate thread for malappuram...let me google to dig out some projects to post here...

Not only trunavaya and thavanoor....there are many more temples like angadippuram tirumanthankunnu temple, kadampuzha temple, thirur thunjan parambu, trikandiyoor temple..etc
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #5
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Malabar builders, Golden cedar, 16F, Perinthalmanna
Old June 30th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #6
jayadevan_c

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjupalayat View Post
Good to have a seperate thread for malappuram...let me google to dig out some projects to post here...

Not only trunavaya and thavanoor....there are many more temples like angadippuram tirumanthankunnu temple, kadampuzha temple, thirur thunjan parambu, trikandiyoor temple..etc

...... and is believed that Poonthanam was also born in Malappuram near Angadippuram
jayadevan_c no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #7
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayadevan_c View Post
...... and is believed that Poonthanam was also born in Malappuram near Angadippuram
Yes, olappamanna mana is also near angadipuram....melpathur bhattathiripad also i think is from there....
Old June 30th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #8
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 239

GREAT START
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaleelmalik View Post
Malappuram shares its boundaries with Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode & Wayand Districts of Kerala and with the Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu. Probably Malappuram is the District in Kerala that has the maximum number of district boundaries (after Idukki).
But unlike Idukki ,Malappuram Has long coast line too
so it is a small piece of Kerala with all of its beauty -coasts, Mountains and farm lands inbetween.

BTW not only Ezhuththachan and Poonthanam lot of modern Era writers are also from Malappuram like MT, Uroob, Edassery, KP Ramanunni, etc. etc.

Olappamanna Mana is in Palakkad I think.
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #9
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
GREAT START

But unlike Idukki ,Malappuram Has long coast line too
so it is a small piece of Kerala with all of its beauty -coasts, Mountains and farm lands inbetween.

BTW not only Ezhuththachan and Poonthanam lot of modern Era writers are also from Malappuram like MT, Uroob, Edassery, KP Ramanunni, etc. etc.

Olappamanna Mana is in Palakkad I think.
Olappamanna mana is near angadipuram for sure, coz i have seen board near thirumanthakunnu temple...
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #10
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 1132

Quote:
Olappamanna mana is near angadipuram for sure, coz i have seen board near thirumanthakunnu temple...
Great start for the Malappuram thread. Malappuram is the most populous district in Kerala and it is quite a suprise that nobody has started a thread to showcase the potential, projects and landscapes of this district which has rich heritage and cultural significance.

Want to see the upcoming projects in Malappuram.... Guruvayoor - Kuttipuram railway line and Nilambur - Karnataka line are very important for the development of this district.

Also, Malappuram town should be developed enough to make it a more vibrant trading centre in the region. Also, Malappuram can think about a sea port as well.

The development of Kerala is envisioned based on ports development. Moreover, Kerala government wants to make Kerala a port state like Gujarat with a line of ports on the west coast.All the district heatquarters in Kerala should be developed to match the tier two city standards in future. We have to start thinking out of the box. All the best for Malappuram thread
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #11
sakrishna

Likes (Received): 903

Nice thread Jaleelikka.
But I've a small suggestion -all discussions realted to Calicut airport and places in Malappuram DT. which are very close to Calicut city should be confined to Calicut thread.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #12
simpliCITY
here and there

Perinthalmanna & Thirur are bigger and more important cities in Malappuram dt. so I think we should need to include those names too in the Thread title.
am I correct??
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #13
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
Perinthalmanna & Thirur are bigger and more important cities in Malappuram dt. so I think we should need to include those names too in the Thread title.
am I correct??
I think let the name be malappuram sameer.....it will looks complicated when u add more names to the title....
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #14
simpliCITY
here and there

Malappuram has 2 National Highways (NH 213 & NH 17) & two railway lines passing through the districts but never meet in the district limits. NH junction is little off of Northern Boundary in Ramanattukara & Railway Junction is little off to southern boundary in Shornur

So both roads & railway tracks are in north south direction -
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #15
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakrishna View Post
Nice thread Jaleelikka.
But I've a small suggestion -all discussions realted to Calicut airport and places in Malappuram DT. which are very close to Calicut city should be confined to Calicut thread.
I think those areas which are more of Calicut in nature like the airport and Calicut university should be integrated to Kozhikode.

Malappuram should be developed with its own identity. Though, Thiroor and Perinthalmanna are bigger towns they also belong to Malappuram district and truly deserves to be in this thread itself.

Thalasseri is a very big town but is under the Kannur thread and it should be under Kannur thread itself.

Same way I used to post projects of Punalur, Kottarakkara and Karunagapally under Kollam thread itself. Afterall, our districts are smaller compared to the other Indian districts.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:29 AM   #16
skumarvclt
Satheesh Kumar

Likes (Received): 5

Good to see a separate thread for Malappuram, good job jaleelka, this district is having a great mystery yet to find out, hope this thread can help for that

Success belongs to those persons who believe in the beauty of their dreamz
skumarvclt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:33 AM   #17
simpliCITY
here and there

Ellarum onnu maari niikkooo

Maari ninnu kayyadikkooo

pics from Malappuram

Kottakunnu, Malappuram.

Nilambur Kovilakam

Picture courtsee- Noushad Edakkara@flicker
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:43 AM   #18
sanjupalayat
Calicut

good pictures to start with......
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:46 AM   #19
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 659

Nice to see the Malappuram Thread here. This is one the district with high potential to grow up.

Quote:

Tippu Sultan was a devotee of Bhagavathi (Chamundeswari) , And he taken care of bagavathi temples like Kadampuzha, Thirumadham kunnu, Thrikkandiyoor in Malappuram on his era of 'Padayottam'
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM   #20
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
good pictures to start with......
Hammmo.

Great response in a few hours.
Ellavarum koodi kayari nirangy.

It seems that this thread shall be much active.

It is worthwhile to note that at Nilambur, we have the world's first Teak Plantation.

Malabar Special Police (MSP) is headquartered at Malappuram.

Malappuram has got immense wealth. But it has to be invested in the proper way.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: