daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:43 PM   #61
crossbowman
^Xpande®^

Likes (Received): 2

Well, IMO this is a nice combination of traditional/modern architecture!

[- Reunification of the PARTHENON Marbles -]

Life is FULL of rude awakenings...
crossbowman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:19 PM   #62
pit.pit

Likes (Received): 0

It is...

I think it is 100% "Kitsch".

I don't like it.

But it is nice, if the Chinese enjoy it- they hav to see it every day.
pit.pit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 07:42 PM   #63
gakei
GAKEI.com | EHK

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by an architect
Beijing West Station is a very good example of the glaring incompentence, stupidity and bad taste of China's bureaucrats and architects.

The city of Beijing can actually be a nice museum of bad architectures, inferior construction materials and lousy workmanship.

I know the above assessment will draw a stream of personal attacks from the Chinese. But truth must be stated as is, never sugar-coated.
I agree with you to a great extend, but may I point out that there is no true or false for an opinion.

Last edited by gakei; July 3rd, 2006 at 05:32 PM.
gakei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 08:27 PM   #64
Jiangwho

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
The city of Beijing can actually be a nice museum of bad architectures, inferior construction materials and lousy workmanship..
Quote:
zergcerebrates, you are such a clueless idiot!

Where in my post did I say anything about others?

I was stating my assessment as a professional. And you're making such illogical inferences (i.e. bullshit) about "beauty in the eye of the beholder" and "... doesn't mean others think the same way" etc from my posts.

Go back to high school and pay better attention in math and science classes. It will help develop your analytical thinking, at least to the level of a 16 yr old.
Beijing is a big city, of course there are some bad architectures. but I am sure not only Beijing but other big cities around the world also have some bad architectures as well. I really donot think that one professional architect only keep his eyes on those bad architectures.and in a very impolite way to blame people. it seems just you graduated from university and have an analytical thinking.
The city of Beijing can actually be a nice museum of bad architectures, sure this is your personal professional opinion.

Quote:
I know the above assessment will draw a stream of personal attacks from the Chinese. But truth must be stated as is, never sugar-coated.
Nobody will attack you. but everyone has their own opinon and they have right to speak it out ,of course in a polite way.

Last edited by Jiangwho; July 3rd, 2006 at 02:10 AM.
Jiangwho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #65
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
zergcerebrates, you are such a clueless idiot!

Where in my post did I say anything about others?

I was stating my assessment as a professional. And you're making such illogical inferences (i.e. bullshit) about "beauty in the eye of the beholder" and "... doesn't mean others think the same way" etc from my posts.

Go back to high school and pay better attention in math and science classes. It will help develop your analytical thinking, at least to the level of a 16 yr old.

Lolz!! You're banned that tells alot about you. Try handling others comments with less negativity, it'll make you look a lot better. Your above comments doesn't really show you're a "professional" at all. A professional will accept others opinions and views, you're simply arrogant and stubborn, uneducated and classless. Go figure.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #66
Kiss the Rain
WoyaoDaJb

Likes (Received): 20

God those new red locomotives looks so ugly, they look like freaking buses. I still prefer the old green ones, they just looks so much more powerful and imposing like a locomotive should.
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #67
zergcerebrates

New Updated pics of this station

Last edited by zergcerebrates; July 11th, 2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #68
zergcerebrates

More pics:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by zergcerebrates; July 11th, 2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #69
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

thanks a lot, thats just crazy.....and you see stations like that in whole china popping out of the ground...... where do they have the money for that??????

And as if it wouldnt be expansive enough...here some more:

Optimal path for maglev line
Source: CCTV.com
07-11-2006 10:41
A route has been announced for the much hyped Shanghai-Hangzhou maglev line. The new line links both Pudong and Hongqiao Airport to the World Expo Garden, and as well as to the train station. It will be 20 kilometers longer than the original 175 kilometers.

The modified path starts from Longyang road station and goes to the World Expo Garden. It then crosses the Huangpu River to arrive at the Shanghai south train station. The line then divides into two branches. The north line goes straight to Hongqiao Airport, while the south line links to Jiaxing and Hangzhou. A minor return line from Hongqiao Airport stretches eastward along Zhongchun road, before rejoining the main line. Not date for the start of construction has been set.

http://www.cctv.com/program/bizchina...1/100981.shtml
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #70
gaoanyu

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
thanks a lot, thats just crazy.....and you see stations like that in whole china popping out of the ground...... where do they have the money for that??????
These cost much less than in Europe, and the Chinese government nowadays do have loads of cash to invest in infrastructural projects, which I think is important to the advancement of the country's economy.

Comment to the post:
I wish they will place enough bins logically around the waiting halls, so that everyone has a chance to put place his/her litter if he/she so wish! I visited Shanghai railway station (the old one) last month, and found a lot of litter on the floor, further inspection revealled that there just isn't any rabbish bin in the waiting room! Not to mention if the people will always throw rabbish into bins..
gaoanyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:58 PM   #71
zergcerebrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777

And as if it wouldnt be expansive enough...here some more:

Optimal path for maglev line
Source: CCTV.com
07-11-2006 10:41
A route has been announced for the much hyped Shanghai-Hangzhou maglev line. The new line links both Pudong and Hongqiao Airport to the World Expo Garden, and as well as to the train station. It will be 20 kilometers longer than the original 175 kilometers.

The modified path starts from Longyang road station and goes to the World Expo Garden. It then crosses the Huangpu River to arrive at the Shanghai south train station. The line then divides into two branches. The north line goes straight to Hongqiao Airport, while the south line links to Jiaxing and Hangzhou. A minor return line from Hongqiao Airport stretches eastward along Zhongchun road, before rejoining the main line. Not date for the start of construction has been set.

http://www.cctv.com/program/bizchina...1/100981.shtml

Cool so the Maglev will go to this circular station? Sounds nice but I haven't seen any pics indicating so like the Maglev tracks. A maglev in this station would look so nice.
Old July 19th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #72
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

shanghai does it again..fantastic
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #73
Jiangwho

Likes (Received): 58

great update
Jiangwho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #74
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

I love the station. I dont know why exactly but the roof and the whole design is sort of chinese type. Much like the Wonder of the Chinese in Age of Empires II lol. Does anyone who played the game remember it?
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:27 PM   #75
zergcerebrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick
I love the station. I dont know why exactly but the roof and the whole design is sort of chinese type. Much like the Wonder of the Chinese in Age of Empires II lol. Does anyone who played the game remember it?
OH! The Chinese wonder was the Tien Tan(Temple of Heaven) if I remember it correctly, this one right?
Old July 20th, 2006, 04:31 PM   #76
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

I was at the Shanghai Nanzhan Station last week taking a train to Hangzhou. The station was reaaaaaaly cooool. It does not have the feeling of a train station at all, more like a space travel station. Too bad I did not have time to take any picture as I had to rush to my train.

What really diasppointed me were the trains. It was like a time machine going from 2006 back to 1986.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #77
Fusionist
unBANNED

Likes (Received): 15

******* fantastic !

Fusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #78
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
OH! The Chinese wonder was the Tien Tan(Temple of Heaven) if I remember it correctly, this one right?
Yes, that's the Tiantan Temple in Beijing.
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:58 AM   #79
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

@ yello Perillo: is nanzhan staion the official name of it, or is the official name shanghai south railway station?

Does anybody have information about the planned honquiao traffic hub? Any rumors?
I heard it will be much bigger thatn Shanghai south railway station.....
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:09 AM   #80
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777
@ yello Perillo: is nanzhan staion the official name of it, or is the official name shanghai south railway station?

Does anybody have information about the planned honquiao traffic hub? Any rumors?
I heard it will be much bigger thatn Shanghai south railway station.....
Shanghai Nanzhan is the official name in pinyin. South Station/ Südbahnhof/ Gare du Sud is the English/ German/ French translation of Nanzhan.

I have not heard much about the redevelopment of Hongqiao, but I have seen on Shanghai TV that the Maglev and a metro line will be connected to Hongqiao.