daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #61
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2551

You know, that's bit expensive, we have crisis. IMO the most important is modernisation of some essential for our rail transport lines. That's in progress but it costs huge amount of $$$. There's no use in having high speed trains when most of lines have embarrasing speed limits like 120 or even 80km/h... There was also mentioned (in "Poland to build high-speed rail" thread) that we'll built special line (called "Y") connecting Warsaw with western Polish cities (Poznań, Wrocław); should be finished in 20's, which is actually very fast for introducing high speed railways from zero.
"A pan myślisz, że chaotyczne kombinacje efemerycznych pryncypiów są w stanie zdeterminować neutralną cywitatywę absolutnego relatywizmu immanentno-transcendentalnej solipsystycznej jaźni? Tak czy nie?! Gadaj pan!!!"
Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:05 PM   #62
fuffi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

fuffi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:11 PM   #63
fuffi
BANNED

inside intercity train compartment

singing train ( very common here)

locat train of mazovia ( green and white colours)

another local train

intercity promo

graffitti attack on local old train
fuffi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:18 PM   #64
Micrav
Live!

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiek View Post
Modern Newag 19WE commuter train, able to speed up to 160 km/h

Beautiful train, it seems I missed it in Berlin. Seats are very interesting. At last an Eastern European made train that has a stylish Exterior AND Interior.
Super NEWAG! Congratulations to the designers!
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:07 PM   #65
vid11
BANNED

Czech Rep., Poland, Hungary, Slovakia - Central Europe...
vid11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #66
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

yes, Poland it is Central Europe but it is detail
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #67
hYp
Addicted to Blues

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

I don't get why train manufacturers (and the transportation companies that order them) have been installing those awful wannabe-seats in regional trains (and streetcars, and city busses, and...) for the last decade.

The seats are way too small and often facing anything but the direction of travel. Even in one-way vehicles, this seems to be in fashion at the moment: Seats are placed in "lounge"-settings instead of rows, sometimges even without seperations, but rather as a long bench.

Picture 1: Honestly, would you like to sit on those with anyone but you girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever on the seat next to you? Just try to place that guy's wife beside him and count the seconds until she falls off the bench...
People simply tend to get "wider", and yet we make seats narrower with every new train series.

Picture 2: This seems to be a regional train, which means that the average duration of travel might be around 30 minutes (or longer). Often, there are a few stops with a lot of boarding, at most stops only a small number of passengers get off (e.g. in suburban trains or those connecting cities to their hinterland).
So why install such a small number of seats and leave most of the space open for standing passengers? Why the huge doors? Why are there no handles to hold onto if you are forced to stand the entire 30 minutes of your comfortable train ride in such a seatless car?

I simply don't get it...
This seems to be a problem most european countries nowerdays.

Highcliff liked this post
hYp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #68
karejeeta
tommy569

Is the 19we going to be used by PKP prewoz Regionalni?? Are they going to purchase the train???

Last edited by karejeeta; February 28th, 2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
karejeeta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #69
karejeeta
tommy569

Also is PKP going to but any other trains for its regional devision to get rid of those yellow and blue ones and the old non modernized red ones maybe with the 19WE or the bombaridoer Talent or ED74??
Old March 2nd, 2009, 11:08 AM   #70
ArtManDoo

Likes (Received): 46

Any information about PKP passenger coaches. I mean PKP is replacing loco hauled trains with DMU and EMU trains. Does anibody know what will happen with coaches taken out of service. Are they going to withrawn or sold?

I plan to visit Poland this year. Any information about snow condition? Is there some main lines in south Poland what remain snowy at least 3 weeks from now? I heared that north Czech got a lot of snow. Without snow everything is brown or gray and it's better to go in summer. Maby someone knows any web-sites where snow info could be found or webcams that show something useful about that?

Are there any passenger trains in Poland that are pulled with ST44 locos?
ArtManDoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:16 PM   #71
Elvenking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtManDoo View Post
(...)

I plan to visit Poland this year. Any information about snow condition? Is there some main lines in south Poland what remain snowy at least 3 weeks from now? I heared that north Czech got a lot of snow. Without snow everything is brown or gray and it's better to go in summer. Maby someone knows any web-sites where snow info could be found or webcams that show something useful about that?

Are there any passenger trains in Poland that are pulled with ST44 locos?
Well, weather is unpredictable, but winter ends and it doesn't look like there will snow any more. Of course mountains can be still snowy in higher parts Unfortunately it's cold a bit by now.

ST44 are still in use for freight trains, but from what I know, no passanger trains are pulled by it, because it's typical freight loco, without heating links for coaches.
Some 44s were totally rebuild (incl General Electric engine) and are now one of the strongest and most modern freight locos in Europe called ST40

"A pan myślisz, że chaotyczne kombinacje efemerycznych pryncypiów są w stanie zdeterminować neutralną cywitatywę absolutnego relatywizmu immanentno-transcendentalnej solipsystycznej jaźni? Tak czy nie?! Gadaj pan!!!"
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #72
karejeeta
tommy569

Is the new locomative for Intercity running on regural lines?? The Hursaz is on what lines??
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:56 AM   #73
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvenking View Post
Well, weather is unpredictable, but winter ends and it doesn't look like there will snow any more. Of course mountains can be still snowy in higher parts Unfortunately it's cold a bit by now.

ST44 are still in use for freight trains, but from what I know, no passanger trains are pulled by it, because it's typical freight loco, without heating links for coaches.
Some 44s were totally rebuild (incl General Electric engine) and are now one of the strongest and most modern freight locos in Europe called ST40

^ WOW that locomotive looks evil and its so cool looking!
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #74
Elvenking

Quote:
Originally Posted by karejeeta View Post
Is the new locomative for Intercity running on regural lines?? The Hursaz is on what lines??
Husarz (or If you want, just Taurus, that's original name of this series).

It's still on tests. Dunno when will be serving. By the end of 2010 we will have 10 of these - most propably on Berlin-Warszawa Express and other EC trains. Because of that, EP09 will be more common on all lines, they're still nice locos
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #75
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

thats a lamborghini-ish design
me likes
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #76
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

Train:

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by michal_OMB; March 25th, 2009 at 05:23 PM.
michal_OMB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #77
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

The train to hell?
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #78
E2rdEm
prostownik

Likes (Received): 1201

Well, what about bus line #666 in the same direction? http://studio.wp.pl/i,Linia-666-na-H...l?ticaid=17bbc
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #79
Elvenking

Very nice-looking Berlin-Warszawa Express
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #80
vladorlando
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

I m sorry but I was trip by train from Moscow to Vienna last summer. I d like to say this part of polish railway system is in terrible condition now .
Speed of train from Moscow to Brest was about 160-170 km/h and sometimes 180-200. From Torun to Check border not more 100-110 km/h and sometimes even 70-80 !!. Some rootes looks like without service 5-6 years or like after long war .
vladorlando no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
railway, trains