daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #81
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

TTX question

Hey I came across this video of the Korean TTX train is it in service yet? I love the design of this more than the KTX.

Err... I dont know how to embed the video anyways heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KGw4sSM6zA
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #82
ruready1000

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates View Post
Hey I came across this video of the Korean TTX train is it in service yet? I love the design of this more than the KTX.

Err... I dont know how to embed the video anyways heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KGw4sSM6zA
TTX is now undergoing test run, now 80,000km tested and going on untill it reachs 100,000km test run. It's not decided yet whether Korail will purchase this or not. Originally it's developed for speeding up conventional railyways which is electrified but now many conventional railways is straighted or schduled to be straighted at the same time when it's electrified and KTX-II will be put on some of the straighted conventional line, so the position and future of TTX is obsure now. If it may be adopted, it will substituate Sae-Ma-Ul class.

TTX images

http://blog.naver.com/knr_7304/60059990390
http://blog.naver.com/knr_7304/60060208671
http://blog.naver.com/knr_7304/60065381112

Last edited by ruready1000; April 6th, 2009 at 09:38 AM.
ruready1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #83
ruready1000

HEMU-400 Design

A Webzine by KRRI(Korea Railroad Reserarch Institute) reported the process of HEMU-400 design in details.

Here're some pictures.

Above trains were final candidates and 3rd train was selected.
2nd train is duplex type.

Interior

Duplex design (not adopted, but as a sample for the future use)

Final Design

soure
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #84
riles28
train

Likes (Received): 38

Good and Magnificent it's time to made it that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1000 View Post
HEMU-400 Design

A Webzine by KRRI(Korea Railroad Reserarch Institute) reported the process of HEMU-400 design in details.

Here're some pictures.

Interior

Final Design

soure
Good and Magnificent it's time to made it that so the KTXII will have new once the HEMU 400X so the Korail can't give more comfortable travel for riding public. Very Nice we will look forward for that.
riles28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #85
Huhu

Likes (Received): 437

That new design is pretty slick. KTX is awesome, screw the haters!
Huhu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #86
ddes

Likes (Received): 917

Really love the new HEMU-400 designs although I must admit that the first design looks quite similar to the Fastech 360Z or S (can't remember).
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #87
riles28
train

Likes (Received): 38

Very closely in Fastech 360S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
Really love the new HEMU-400 designs although I must admit that the first design looks quite similar to the Fastech 360Z or S (can't remember).
Very ckosely in Fastech 360S but for Japan they get the nose of fastech 360Z for they latest model the Series E5 hayate.
riles28 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #88
sotavento

Likes (Received): 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam King View Post
why wouldnt they redesign it to make it an EMU? Push-Pull seems to outdated, not to mention EMU would allow for greater capacity because you dont have locomotives at either end.
EMU = what ???

Any out-of-depot-not-able-to-uncoupple electric multiple unit is an EMU.
"O País perdeu a inteligência e a consciência moral. Ninguém se respeita nem crê na honestidade dos homens públicos. O povo está na miséria. Os serviços públicos vão abandonados. A mocidade arrasta-se das mesas das secretarias para as mesas dos cafés. A ruína económica cresce o comércio definha, a indústria enfraquece. O salário diminui. O Estado é considerado um ladrão e tratado como um inimigo.
Neste salve-se quem puder a burguesia proprietária de casas explora o aluguel. A agiotagem explora o juro…"”
— Eça
sotavento no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #89
Micrav
Live!

Likes (Received): 16

Researches were more interesting than the final design, The double-deck looked really awesome. The last version, single deck looks quite "normal" compared to it. But I know what it takes to reach a final design. Interior looks very interesting.

And to answer one last time to agaristagari:
If you would be live in Europe, you would be interested by the TGV saga and its look. External design contributed greatly to its success and you would know also that each operator looks for identity, so before being mad, calm down and read previous threads on this forum. Look is one of the functions of design and only the signature, but it is an important one. Of course, engineering is important too. But nowadays, when all technical parameters, requirement, reach the top, confort, practical and are around similar budgets, how can you choose? Design also works on identity and culture and helps to sell.

Would you like to ride everyday in an old shaking train or modern practical train that looks like the latest Audi or Honda? Then you understand why people come back to ride trains and trams in Europe and leave more often car at home... It is not only ecology or economics, it is also attractivity. And design definitely helps!

Back to Korea now!
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #90
agaristagari

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrav View Post
Researches were more interesting than the final design, The double-deck looked really awesome. The last version, single deck looks quite "normal" compared to it. But I know what it takes to reach a final design. Interior looks very interesting.

If you would be live in Europe, you would be interested by the TGV saga and its look. External design contributed greatly to its success and you would know also that each operator looks for identity, so before being mad, calm down and read previous threads on this forum. Look is one of the functions of design and only the signature, but it is an important one. Of course, engineering is important too. But nowadays, when all technical parameters, requirement, reach the top, confort, practical and are around similar budgets, how can you choose? Design also works on identity and culture and helps to sell.

Would you like to ride everyday in an old shaking train or modern practical train that looks like the latest Audi or Honda? Then you understand why people come back to ride trains and trams in Europe and leave more often car at home... It is not only ecology or economics, it is also attractivity. And design definitely helps!

Back to Korea now!
How do you conclude where I live?
If it can be so easily done please give me a single example from high speed mass transportation because I haven't ever seen one.
windtunnel and supercomputer aren't cheap.
I would like to travel in fast and reliable train , I don't care if it looked like a *****
And I definitely wouldn't want to travel in train which looks like Audi or Honda as there is only seats for 5
you are first one I have met who supposedly uses trains because they look cool

I think first-grade engineering can result in very beautiful products

Last edited by agaristagari; April 11th, 2009 at 12:37 AM.
agaristagari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 06:06 AM   #91
FazilLanka

Likes (Received): 8

I don't like the front look, but I like the rest.
FazilLanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 07:01 AM   #92
Tri-ring
Expert

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
HEMU-400 Design

Here're some pictures.

Interior

Final Design

soure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrav View Post

Although I do not read Korean so have no idea what is written within the link but I believe the CGs are nothing more than eye candy which may or may not be developed within the next 5 years. In other words vaporware.
Does the link provide any target dates?

To my knowledge Rotem does not have any prior experience in developing HSR EMUs meaning they will face many technical challenges ahead.
In Japan even with the vast experience, needed the Fastech 360 as a testbed in proving new technology which is scheduled to be incorporated into the E5 series. The front design went through countless computer simulations and wind tunnel testing but still had to go through actual testing utilizing two sepreate designs to determine the final design.

Do you think HEMU-400 will work exactly as they had drew on the drawing board?
I doubt it.
Old April 11th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #93
ruready1000

KTX Metropolitan Rolling Stock Workshop

images from korail5148

satellite image

Last edited by ruready1000; April 11th, 2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old April 11th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #94
ruready1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Although I do not read Korean so have no idea what is written within the link but I believe the CGs are nothing more than eye candy which may or may not be developed within the next 5 years. In other words vaporware.
Does the link provide any target dates?

To my knowledge Rotem does not have any prior experience in developing HSR EMUs meaning they will face many technical challenges ahead.
In Japan even with the vast experience, needed the Fastech 360 as a testbed in proving new technology which is scheduled to be incorporated into the E5 series. The front design went through countless computer simulations and wind tunnel testing but still had to go through actual testing utilizing two sepreate designs to determine the final design.

Do you think HEMU-400 will work exactly as they had drew on the drawing board?
I doubt it.
The target date is 2012. Of course there would be many obstacles in their way and the results could come shorter than their orignal targets, but anyway they announced it will be developed by 2012. The day we show it running on tracks would be the remote future, even if it will be successfully developed, because they should use KTX and KTX-II at least for 25 years or more.
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #95
bobdikl

Likes (Received): 2

come on guys, have faith in Korean....arent's that some of our latest search engines features and consumer electronics patents (from mobile entertaiment to new washing machine technology) were origin from the koreans? yes, yes, yes.. despite those services later were standardised by yahoo, google, apple or the americans.
bobdikl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:56 AM   #96
Huhu

Likes (Received): 437

Great pictures of the workshop.
Huhu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #97
urbanfan89

Likes (Received): 67

Hopefully in the not-too-distant future there will be KTX to Pyongyang, Wonsan, and Sinuiju, with connections to CRH to Dandong, Shenyang, Beijing, etc.
urbanfan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #98
ruready1000

KTX-II

Normal Room

Special Room

images from korail blog
Old April 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #99
Micrav
Live!

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
KTX-II

Oops, why the driver seat is not in the middle position of the window? It cut a big part ov vision, although I know that it is not as fundamental as for other vehicules... It seems that the driving place has not designed in relation with the new exterior design... Like if it was wade for the old TGV with two windows... Strange. The rest looks very fine. But here obviously, there is something i don't understand...
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #100
honwai1983

Likes (Received): 1

I wonder why KTX still use Electric Locomove Unit?
That kind of train is not suitible for hilly suitation of South Korea!
This is the Age of EMU!
honwai1983 no está en línea   Reply With Quote