daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Teesside

Teesside For Middlesbrough, Stockton, N Yorks

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #1
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

Likes (Received): 0

CIAC | Middlehaven, Middlesbrough | 38m | Completed

This is the first Cube to be built at the RiversideOne development at Middlehaven Middlesbrough. This Project should begin soon if all goes well, but we still wait on news of a start date.

Construction and site photos will be posted as soon as possible below.....
bobalania no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 17th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #2
lms

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalania View Post

This is the first Cube to be built at the RiversideOne development at Middlehaven Middlesbrough. This Project should begin soon if all goes well, but we still wait on news of a start date.

Construction and site photos will be posted as soon as possible below.....
As i said i think they have only got till May next year to make a start otherwise their 3yr planning permission will run out .
I still cannot believe that its coming up nearly to three years after all the fanfare and pubilcity and still nothing has happened.
I wonder if the people who have reserved apartments in the block have lost interest yet after all this time waiting
lms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #3
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

Ah yes, forgot to tell you, if you look on Mboro Council planning app. website, another application was submitted sometime this year to extend the time allowed, so its safe at the moment for these 2 cubes. Still no reply on when they plan to start though. I think it could be within the new year.
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #4
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

CONSTRUCTION IS DUE TO START IN MARCH!!!!!!!!

Expected to take 15 months with residents moving in summer 2011.
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM   #5
lms

Im looking forward to seeing this one going up ,should be an unusual looking building
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:07 AM   #6
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

At least it will give us something to be updating the thread with photos like other sub-forums are able too! :P We've been waiting 2 years for this! Should have CIAC, Temeons, Dunning Road, Manhattan Gate and possibly the student accom. on Linthorpe Road? to post about in Middlesbrough a lone, then hopefully things will qucik off in the other 4 boroughs. Seems promising.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:59 AM   #7
lms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalania View Post
At least it will give us something to be updating the thread with photos like other sub-forums are able too! :P We've been waiting 2 years for this! Should have CIAC, Temeons, Dunning Road, Manhattan Gate and possibly the student accom. on Linthorpe Road? to post about in Middlesbrough a lone, then hopefully things will qucik off in the other 4 boroughs. Seems promising.

I drove past the student site on Linthorpe Road today and nothings happening yet even though Campus Lifestyles website says its due to open this year.
Its looking good for this year so far with CIAC,Dunning Road,Temenos starting soon and others underway such as Boho 2,and the Church Housing development.

Over in Stockton the Globe and the North Shore should get the go ahead
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM   #8
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

Ah ok, hopefully Student accom. will start soon! We've also got, in Middlesbrough the Manhattan Gate development, hopefully the 3rd,4th and 5th will be built too! Theres some good designs in those other buildings from what i can tell. Middlehaven might start to get built up soon, especially around the Riverside Stadium. We've also got Gateway Middlehaven, which according to Terrace Hill's website is meant to start Sept. 09! But can't see any construction.

Has there been some news on North Shore like? Has it all been given the go ahead!?!? Can't wait for the Globe, it better get planning consent!!!
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:50 AM   #9
forsakenarchitecture

Quote:
Work to start on £200m RiversideOne project

WORK is getting under way on new homes in the £200m RiversideOne development at Middlehaven.

An artists impression of the Community in a Cube residential block:

The aim of the project is to provide Middlesbrough with new homes on the waterside, a place for public events, leisure facilities and new commercial property.

When complete RiversideOne will be the UK’s largest zero carbon development.

Called CIAC - Community in a Cube - the first of the new buildings to be erected will have 80 apartments - the first of 750 new homes to be built on the site.

CIAC will be built by GB Building Solutions of Newcastle.

Pete Halsall, managing director of developers BioRegional Quintain’s, said: “We are now in a position to make our vision of RiversideOne a reality.

“We can begin to create a new district that will ultimately provide the people of Middlesbrough with outstanding homes in a waterside location, a public events space, innovative leisure facilities and new commercial property.”

RiversideOne has been delayed because of the economic slowdown but it will now go ahead due to improved financial conditions and support from the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) and Tees Valley Regeneration (TVR).

The first residents could move into CIAC next summer.

The eight-storey building includes studio, one and two-bedroom apartments.

There are 12 apartment types priced from £79,995 to £175,000 which are each named after modern artists such as Rodin, Hepworth and Popova.

CIAC will also have a local pub overlooking the dock basin.

A refreshed marketing suite at RiversideOne is re-opening on June 5. It has a show apartment and large scale model of CIAC.

Richard Buckley, TVR’s director of development, said: “The residential development will complement Middlesbrough College, Terrace Hill’s Manhattan Gate project and Temenos, all of which are helping put the site, the town and the wider Tees Valley on the national and international map.”

Sir Bob Kerslake, chief executive of the HCA, said: “Our investment in reclaiming and preparing the site has made it possible to bring jobs and learning to Middlehaven. Bringing the first new homes to the site is another big step forward.”

Middlesbrough mayor, Ray Mallon, said: “It is ambitious regeneration projects like this which will ensure our town is more than capable of competing with towns and cities both at home and abroad.”

David Cramond, director of capital development at One North East, said: “Industry in the Tees Valley is already making the shift into the low carbon economy and it is pleasing to see the same commitment from the region’s residential sector.”

For more details about RiversideOne call 0808 1722 430 between 10am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday or go to www.riverside-one.com.
Source [2010-03-26]
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:53 AM   #10
forsakenarchitecture

Quote:
Middlehaven dream is starting to become a reality

THE MIDDLEHAVEN dream is starting to become a reality. Work is under way on the site around Middlesbrough dock to build the first residential block as part of the £200m RiversideOne development.

And at the launch of the project to build CIAC - Community in a Cube - Peter Halsall, managing director of developers BioRegional Quintain, told the Gazette: “Having corralled the partners together we can now start delivering this fantastic project.

“All we said in 2006 still applies. This place will transform Middlehaven. It is also about providing somewhere that will be a great place to live.

“We are confident the start of the project will catalyse more development both in the RiversideOne scheme and in the wider Middlehaven context.”

He said interest remained in the hotel that was planned as part of the project and designs had been prepared for the second residential block. “We are building at the right time. We are building into a recovery in the economy.

“We have a huge number of people who have shown an interest in the development and we will be contacting them again, said Mr Halsall.

CIAC will have 80 apartments costing from £79,995 to £175,000. A pub will be included as part of the development. A refreshed RiversideOne marketing suite will be reopening on June 5.

Overall the scheme could see 750 new homes built at Middlehaven along with a hotel, leisure facilities, commercial opportunities, and public events space.

David Crump, Quintain’s construction director, said: “We are delighted to be helping to change peoples’ perceptions of Middlesbrough’s docklands into an area of immense opportunity.

“This building will be world class, characterful and inspirational - symbolic of the transformation that is taking place.”

Middlesbrough mayor Ray Mallon said: “Middlehaven has been on the agenda for more than 20 years and I am extremely pleased to see development taking place.

“We have the Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough College, and the Manhattan Gate office development and now modern residential units are being built which will add to the mix and result in Middlehaven taking off.

“It is people that make communities and if people are residing in Middlehaven, a community spirit can develop.”

Mr Mallon said the development was carbon neutral which made it a first in the UK and put Middlehaven and Middlesbrough on the map where the environment was concerned.

Sir Bob Kerslake, chief executive of the Homes and Communities Agency, said: “The agency has been able to bring some funding to this project. It shows you can still do some exciting things despite the economic downturn.

“The development provides housing but it is also about creating a different place for Middlesbrough and helps reshape the town. It is contributing towards a stronger and more vibrant Middlesbrough.”
Source [2010-03-27]

We've all waited a long time for this and the site is currently being cleared. Construction photographs to follow...
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:58 AM   #11
forsakenarchitecture

Also, the thread title needs updating to U/C
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:21 AM   #12
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

AH yes, forgot about that, who do we need to see about changing it?

I have 2 quick photos i took of the site just so we can get a before construction and after that i took on Friday. I'll have to upload them, just so we actually have some photos.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM   #13
forsakenarchitecture

Please do post your photographs up. Can't say I've taken any yet.

All plant and the portable cabin are now off site.
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #14
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

I will when i get this new computer sorted out.

Do you think this means its stopped again!?!? I wouldn't be surprised if it has only lasted a week.
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #15
forsakenarchitecture

Can't be sure, Bob. The cabin may have been security on site taking care of the diggers until they'd completed ground works.
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #16
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

I do hope so. Maybe there was nothing there just over the Easter weekend, hopefully there'll be machinery being delivered to the site as we speak!!! :P
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #17
forsakenarchitecture

With a quick glimpse from the A66 today, the site is still deserted. A pile of earth remains from ground works. Unsure as to what the hold up is and hopefully it'll be nothing too serious...
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #18
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

Saw that as well today. I wont believe Riverside One is happening until i see some structure going up there, even then theres a chance it could all stop again.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #19
forsakenarchitecture

My thoughts exactly. Best holding off on the U/C request. Like you say, I won't believe it's happening until I see it.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #20
bobalania
T-T-TEESSIDERS!

Still no sign of anything, looks like it has been for the past 2 years!!!

Although, there is scaffolding around the Marketing suite, so its been given the promised revamp, at least something is moving on!

Tags
middlehaven, project - teesside forum