search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 23rd, 2017, 04:49 AM   #301
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 8870

The amount of developments between Springwood and Beenleigh that have proposed a cinema are more that I can remember, so I will believe it when I see the concrete poured.

Whatever they propose, I hope it looks good. The Watland Street site is the tallest site in Springwood. Whatever gets built here will stand out a lot, even if the Mayor's plan for a complete redevelopment of Springwood goes ahead (another "I'm not holding my breath" project).

One project that is proceeding, however, is the conversion of the never finished Factory Outlet on Distillery Road, Eagleby (the one that can be seen from the M1 when driving past). Bought at the end of 2015 by Zarraffa's Coffee, staged plans have been going through for the conversion of the site into the new Roastery and HQ for Zarraffas', who will relocate their operations from Helensvale, as well as an integrated produce marketplace. It's not a major project, but anything to clean up that derelict warehouse is welcome! It, with the rejuvenated Beenleigh Rum Distillery next door, should make Distillery Road a nice little foodie precinct in the coming 6-12 months.

Article source: Albert & Logan News, 19 Jan 2017.
nathandavid88 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:19 AM   #302
jonwil

Likes (Received): 774

I too doubt we will see any cinemas built to challenge Event at Loganholme anytime soon.
Oh and a fishmonger so close to me would be awesome (no more need to go to somewhere like Sunnybank or Southport for my seafood needs
jonwil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 11:18 AM   #303
nathandavid88

Sounds like Logan City Council are putting their money where their mouth is, by offering million dollar incentives (discounts on infrastructure fees) to lure developers into the Springwood redevelopment they are spearheading.

Quote:
Logan Council Gives A Million Reasons To Invest In Springwood

30th March 2017 | Category: Commercial, Finance, Government, News, People, QLD, Residential, Town Planning, Transactions | Staff Writer

Logan City Council has declared Springwood as its first Economic Development Zone, offering developers one million dollar discounts on infrastructure fees in a bid to transform the suburb into a business powerhouse.

The discount incentive is one of a number of recommendations to come out of last October’s Springwood Summit, a meeting that sought ideas on how to jump start commercial investment in Springwood.

Other business-friendly moves proposed by Council include relaxing car parking requirements and supporting increased building heights for developments to turn the area into the City of Logan’s Economic Development Zone.
Source: TheUrbanDeveloper.com
Old April 3rd, 2017, 02:23 PM   #304
ZAND3R

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathandavid88 View Post
Sounds like Logan City Council are putting their money where their mouth is, by offering million dollar incentives (discounts on infrastructure fees) to lure developers into the Springwood redevelopment they are spearheading.

Source: TheUrbanDeveloper.com
Not always a good thing long term, sounds like developers being allowed to run riot in the name of economic capital. Next the council will be complaining about no funds for schools when they have diminished infrastructure fees and added hundreds of families to the region. Just my 2 cents
ZAND3R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #305
jonwil

I cant find an online source but this week's edition of the Albert & Logan has an article indicating that a major arcade in Beenleigh (not 100% sure but I think its the complex on George Street with the Pizza Hut, Westpac Bank, real estate etc in it) is going to get a major upgrade. Hungry Jacks and The Coffee Club are mentioned as major tenants (seems like the original plan for The Coffee Club to open in the revamped Beenleigh Mall has fallen through I guess)

I believe the mob that own the real estate in that complex are the ones behind the development.
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:20 AM   #306
Garevans

Likes (Received): 232

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busine...d8e7554e965765

Prime Site: Four-star hotel and cinemas at heart of $160 million Springwood development
Chris Herde, The Courier-Mail
September 14, 2017 5:05pm
Subscriber only
PLANS will soon be submitted for a $160 million mixed-use development in Springwood which will feature the region’s first 4-star hotel along with a cinema complex, medical centre, apartments and retail complex.

Sydney developer Vanguard Pty Ltd is preparing a submission to Logan City Council for the southside version of Fortitude Valley’s James Street or Emporium.

The development will be on 11,313sq m old Watland Plaza site at 3406 Pacific Highway which Vanguard acquired from Logan development group, the Watson family.

Ray White Commercial’s Stephen Kidd, who struck the deal and is marketing the leasing component, said updated plans to be lodged allowed for a 10-level mixed use complex on the hill-top location, which has three street frontages.

“The developers are planning a cinema complex of between 2500sq m and 3000sq m,” he said.

“The plans also include an 80-90 room hotel, more than 100 residential apartments and 2700sq m of restaurant space.”

“Discussions are well advanced with a cinema chain, hotel operators, serviced apartment operators and student accommodation providers.”

In 2012, Logan City Council granted preliminary approval for the development of a mixed-use project on the site.
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:35 PM   #307
Paranormal phenomena
illuminati confirmed

Likes (Received): 235

need a subscription to open for images.

Wow looks bulky... a few images and more site details here:

https://www.theurbandeveloper.com/pr...ur-star-hotel/

_________________________________________________________________________________
Edit: these were cached. From the couriermail.

Last edited by Paranormal phenomena; September 14th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
Paranormal phenomena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #308
nathandavid88

Very promising, but I'm definitely not breaking out the champagne just yet. This isn't the first time a development like this has been proposed, and even approved, without being built.
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #309
jonwil

Looks like Hungry Jacks is due to open in Beenleigh some time in the near future (I cant find any official announced date). Construction on land opposite Beenleigh Marketplace seems to be progressing nicely.

Good to see Beenleigh getting more new development even if quite a few of the shops in the revamped Beenleigh Mall remain empty and unused.
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:42 PM   #310
jonwil

Would be good to see Cineplex take up the cinema lease since it would provide some decent competition for the overpriced Event Cinemas at Loganholme and Mt Gravatt.

fish.01 liked this post